Hello my friends I am searcing for a Dit Da Jow recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fascinating.

Once we were checking out Pan Qing Fu's Flash Gordons, and accompanying the article was a shot of his fists.

Sifu clucked, and said there is another way. He goes, look, see...look at my hands...he pointed at PQF and said don't need to do that style, get much better results...or something like that.

Anyway great post.

I am a little surprised you are learning iron palm and your master did not give you any jow to use. What is he thinking? That sounds very irresponsible.

If you do wind up making your own, make sure it has horse coin, ma ch'ieh...and don't cook it near any small pets as they will automatically turn and hurl when they smell it.
    "Arhat, I am your father..."
    -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

p.s. most jows are about the equivalent of tiger balm, which is basically the equivalent of chilli pepper in vaseline...
      -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

With some sort of menthol... but yeah...
        practice wu de

Comment

yup, I think you can get menthol in crystal form, it's made from peppermint through some kind of processing.
          -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

HE PAN ZHANG

RE: HE PAN ZHANG

I like this idea, but where in the world (or rather, where in NY) does one get thumb thick metal chopsticks? I guess I have two years to figure it out!
            Mike Evans
            Medford, NY

Comment

Ok, Doc, thanks for the warning, but, is this a good or bad place for jow to be applied? What about the knees that become a little sore after long practices?

g
              ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Originally posted by onesp1ng
                Ok, Doc, thanks for the warning, but, is this a good or bad place for jow to be applied? What about the knees that become a little sore after long practices?

g

I would say that from a purely tcm outlookthe jow should be OK on the knees, and most likely on the neck. As Doc stated, however, relaxing the neck muscles might not be so good depending on underlying conditions (at least from the contemporary western side of things). There are jow formulae around that have less anti inflamotory effect and are more aimed at pain relief (tho in tcm the two tend to be related as pain = stagnation). Look for concoctions with things like Ma Qian Zi (Horse Coin) and Chan Su (Frog skin secretion) for their anasthetic properties {EXTERNAL USE ONLY!}
                Mike Evans
                Medford, NY

Comment

Cool, thanks.. will do.
                  ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Working...
                  X