Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoes

Hi all!

I guess many of you will own a pair of those fabulous "Feiyue" kung fu shoes. Now I am curious to know the qualified opinion of you fellow fighters about the following subject:

I personally like running in those Feiyue shoes. The're so light, I feel like barefeet- as opposed to my regular running shoes.
    Now I believe that all the shoes industry and sport shops keep repeating that it is no good to run in other shoes as those with triple foam multi shock absorbers and stabilizers, as without you will tear of your feet after 2 miles.

Well, it just feels good running in Feiyues...

So what do YOU believe: Is running in Feiyues and the like (Converse etc.) really bad for articulations and joints, or is the industry just trying to make us believe?

its pretty bad, but they are nice to train in otherwise. for running i go with newbalance.

Comment

Running in FeiYues might be light, but in a few weeks / months, after you get your knee replacements, you'll wish you had a good running shoe on.

Just kidding.

But you're looking for trouble if you're bigger than the average Chinese and you run in those things. Walking around in them transmits unnecessary pressure and stress not only to the knees, but also to the ankles, hips, and lower back. i strongly would advise against using them for anything but gong fu workouts.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

Jain ascetics often walk barefoot. In india the buddhists bless the feet of the monks. thei must be in sects

Comment

Hi there.

If you want to run get some running shoes

go to a running shop where they can fit the shoe to your body and running style.

some running shops can do a Video Gait Analysis for you.

To find the ideal shoe for you, they would take into account your build, where you run and how far you run etc.

they get you walking then running on a tread mill and video you as you run

they look at how you place your feet .. if the roll in, out or neurtal .. if the shoe is supporting your feet correctly ... look at your achilles tendon etc

in my opinion its well worth it!

Me and a few other student had this done earlyer in the year as we have massively increased our running distance before training, and all were getting small injurys with our current running shoes

it was amazing running in my older branded running shoe at the shop and the analysis highlighted how they were majorly wrong for my feet. They then went through the process of trying different shoes on me and finding the best for my feet..

Good luck

Ps i use FeiYues shoes for kung fu and tai chi etc and great for that, running not so great,
          Do or do not there is no try.

Comment

Ok, I got it... Don't run in Feiyues, get good shoes for running.

Thanks for all those posts!

Comment

Working...
            X