Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Shaolin Manuscript(Shaolin Wugong) Series Translation Project - Proposition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum User Kaan,

Doc,
    I agree with you on the fact that traditional Chinese is harder to translate. In fact, most ppl in mainland China would probably have problems doing it. But don't forget about those families who immigrated, say, to the US in the beginning-middle 20th century. Those guys generally have no problems with the traditional versions. Also, Taiwanese might be of some help...

P.S. Do you imply that characters in Mandarin are different from those in Wu or other dialects? =)

Well I am still waiting from Docs answer on my request to :

ASK SHAOLIN MASTER SHI DE QIAN IF HE IS AWARE AND AGREES TO TAKE PART OF THIS PROJECT

Thanks for your interest in this topic...I appreciate it

Comment

Forum User Onesp1ng,

If you have any questions on translation quality you can contact on the related email I have posted.

The fact that aknowledged Shaolin and Wushu Masters take part on this project justifies it's quality level

Comment

Originally posted by Librarian
        I AM GRATEFULL FOR THE FREE ADVERTISEMENT YOU ARE OFFERING TO THE PROJECT
        Forum User Librarian

I'm happy that you're grateful for your free advertisement.

I'm also happy that it's over. I'm removing your links.

I have had extensive discussions with DeQian, and DeYang, both of whom I spent some significant time with during my last journey to Shaolin a few weeks ago (the Discovery Channel shoot). DeQian, in fact, arranged quite the little "get together" for me, with respect to his military school, LOL. Apparently, we've developed quite the relationship over the years. More on that later.

Basically, what you ask for can be summed up in this email that I received from Deepthroat, my contact in Shaolin (who shall remain unnamed), about two weeks after my departure from Shaolin.

Hi, Rich,

Today, i called master shideqian, he said his copy books named "shaolin medical secret recipe collections" a collection of choice speciments, about some secret medicine recipe.and by the way, he said if we can translate the books ,which sent to you or any of other his books, the prifit with share in half-half! so just think about it.

and i called master decheng school, he will back China from France on 24th,May, and on 13th,June, he will go to Canada, then maybe to USA.

stay well, keep in touch,
        The mention of his "secret medicine recipe" book, has to do with Shi DeQian's request to me, to find the guy who plagiarized said book, and republished it, in English, under his own name, back in the early 1990's. DeQian was interested in filing suit against this individual. Needless to say, I did find him. We'll see what happens next.

DeQian is not happy with the fact that people are trying to translate his books for their own means and profits. He made it clear to me that he has made no arrangement with any individual concerning the translation of his and DeYang's encyclopedia.

With that said, I am removing the links to your website. I suggest that you cease and desist with respect to this copyright infringement. You have already identified yourself, you will be much easier to find than the other guy.

doc
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

YEEEEAAAAAHHHHH BOOOOOIIIIIEEEEEE !!!!!!

Bang Dem Heads !!!!! Haha
          "Winners turn to losers, losers are forgotten..." - A Tribe Called Quest

Comment

Forum User Doc,

After transferring your words to Shaolin Master Shi De Qian through his acquaintance Mr.Qing Guo,I was informed that he is not aware of activities you have mentioned(such as sending people to find those who want to translate his books without his permission)

Part from dialogue with Mr.Qing Guo:

--Have you told him that the owner of russbo.com has send him to find people who are translating without his permission ?

------they asked Master Shi De Qian show as an audiance, but Master Shi De Qian did not agree, master shi think they lowered his status, so, master shi did not take part in their activites at all

Mr Qing Guo has signed a contract with Shaolin Master Shi De Qian for this project

Your identity and photo are what are needed order to verify your words.As long as you are interested send them at henanchuan@gmail.com

It is the third time you discourage a project OFFICIALLY supported by Shaolin Master Shi De Qian

THANKS FOR AIDING THE ADVERTISING NEEDS OF THE PROJECT FURTHER

P.s.:No detailed information were given by you up to now

P.s.1.What are you implying BY Deepthroat……in PUBLIC

You can request a copy of the contract and online course verification from Mr.Qing Guo

Comment

Originally posted by Librarian

Part from dialogue with Mr.Qing Guo:

--Have you told him that the owner of russbo.com has send him to find people who are translating without his permission ?

------they asked Master Shi De Qian show as an audiance, but Master Shi De Qian did not agree, master shi think they lowered his status, so, master shi did not take part in their activites at all

Mr Qing Guo has signed a contract with Shaolin Master Shi De Qian for this project

Your identity and photo are what are needed order to verify your words.
              Qing Guo could not get an audience with Shi De Qian?

And I need to prove to you that I'm not lying?
              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Gotta love it...

Comment

Uwe, I wish I could figure out if this guy has a communication problem because English is not his main language, or, if he's just a moron.

Any suggestions?

russbo.com

Comment

Maybe ist a combination of both.

Also, one other question: Since I sorted most of the pictures in Albums now and besides making the Albums public is there anything else I need to do on my side so they show up?

Uwe

Comment

I'll look into it. Didn't know you uploaded stuff. For some reason, server did not notify me. It should not have needed to, as you're a moderator there.

EDIT: Fixed it. The Member Galleries section wasn't showing. Your stuff is in the Member Galleries, not in your personal collection in the Photo Library. Not sure if you wanted to do that or not. Great stuff by the way.

russbo.com

Comment

Forum User Doc,

The one Mr. Qing Guo was foreigners that have contacted Shaolin Master Shi De Qian.

Mr. Qing Guo has a long time relaqtionship with Shaolin Master Shi De Qian

Comment

CONTRACT WITH SHAOLIN MASTER SHI DE QIAN

THIS IS THE OFFICIAL PROOF OF SHAOLIN MASTER SHI DE QIAN'S SUPPORT TO THIS PROJECT

PLEASE REFER TO THE CERTIFICATE ATTACHMENTS
                          Attached Files

Comment

Forum User Doc,

As I have mentioned before Shaolin Master Shi De Qian informed me through Mr.Qing Guo that he is not aware of you or your actions(you were refering to a mission to find those who used Shaolin Master Shi De Qians work for their own profit without any permission)

Thanks for your understanding

Comment

Wow, this must be the ultimate official proof.

I think I'm going to print the attachment out and fill out the blanks with my own personal data and then I too will have a fantastic official certificate of Shaolin.

Funny how this documents already wears the red stamps before the name of the student is filled out.

Comment

Forum user Librarian,

How can you produce this as the sole, ultimate proof of your deception?

Please answer; Inquiring minds have got to know:

Is there a communication problem, or, are you really, just, a buffoon?

ps. love you!!
                                ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Working...
                                X