Should Doc Banish Liu to Hell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Doc Banish Liu to Hell?

I think the title says it all. Are you tired of every post being about non-violence, vegetarianism, or some crazy-shit that Liu comes up?
    Hell yeah! About time!
    50.00%
    Nah, give the guy a chance. Maybe he will stop posting in every thread with the same thing.
    50.00%
    I don't give a shit.
    0.00%
    Who the hell is Liutangsanzang
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

"For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Problem is, BTL, who is desperately trying to get out of HELL, can't vote here, and therefore cannot express her opinion.

Not that that matters, but, I'm trying to be fair...
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

At least this will give her a like-minded playmate to have completely incoherent conversations with.
      "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

Comment

I want to keep hearing what Liu says, I just don't want to hear it everywhere. ("Hear" meaning "read" and "everywhere" meaning "on every Russbo thread".)

Comment

i must admit i agree with some of what he is saying but not
          with adding it to every topic on the site!

mad4dos

Comment

sometimes i think he's illogical, and sometimes i think he's even purposefully contradictory. but, like mad4dos, there are also times when i agree with a lot of what he says.

specifically, i think (though it's an obvious part of life.) that it's good that someone stands up for and advocates nonviolence. personally i really dislike coming here and reading happeh's angry rants, but, in contrast, liu seems to have a good heart. he also has changed his opinion of vegetarianism slightly over the last couple months and appears more open to differing viewpoints.

anyhow, as i've tried to suggest before, it'd be best for him to make threads that are focused on the topics he's interested in. we all understand that the principles of jainism are important to him. in my opinion, it's just not necessary to hijack every thread with religous propaganda.
            ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Interesting, shaolin brother Fa Hui, that you make such a poll about when it should be spoken of non violence and veg, the day that the tibetan community and the Dalai Lama call for a day of fast for World Peace.

I did the fast and will reply when it is finished.

Shaolin brother Fa Hui, hope u love me and, more important, animals...

Om mani pedme hung

Comment

Actually I do love animals a lot. Today I had an unfortunate incident where I accidentally ran over a squirel that ran in the middle of the road. I tried to not hit it, but having tried to move out of the way of each other resulted in his death under one of my tires. I felt, spent five minutes in meditation for the transfer of merits to the poor, little guy.

Comment

Did you scoop him up, bring him home, and cook him?

They're actually pretty good. Baked, with pineapple slices.

Yum.
                  Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Shaolin brother Fa Hui, hope u love me and, more important, animals...
                    Much more important!!! I can't deal with this shit. ****ing hippies.

Comment

Notice he doesn't love you or I.

I'm bummed.

russbo.com

Comment

You are more than welcome to take my place, either of you.

I felt the Karma of that squirrel btw, and got into a fender-bender today with some idiot who thought it would be okay to run the light.

Dumbshit.

Comment

Damn right, Zachsan! I'm pretty sure it's hippies that are destroying our world these days, hell Al Gore is melting the ice caps as we speak.

BTW, I just wanted to bump this thread up for everyone to make sure they get their vote in!

Comment

Fasting for non violence in the world is finished. Strangely the Dalai Lama has been hospitalized for stomach problems.

I think that a problem arise here because of the difficulty of finding a definition of "what is it to be on topic'"

In philosophy we are used to first define what we are talking about even if later we have to change that definition. So let s see first of what i talk too much according to shaolin brother Fa Hui: non violence, vegetarianism, crazy shit.

1 Non violence is the idea of not creating suffering to any living being, respecting their freedom. Well actually, i think it is difficult not to talk about non violence when talking about wushu, because in chinese characters wushu quite literrally means stop
                            the fight. So what do u want me to be brother Fa Hui, cruel, sadic? How can u not talk about non violence when talking about wushu?

2 Vegetarianism is the act to abstain from killing animals for food. I ve said many times that i dont hold veg as absolute truth. In fact if u understand me more my concern is not veg but compassion for animals, how do we relate with the animal kingdom.

3 Crazy shit. This one you must ask Shaolin brother Fa Hui what he means by that. I wonder if it is not a form of insult. Personally i try to not judge people as stupid or ignorant but as having a different point of view.

So the problem with me, is that i talk about non violence and compassion for animals out of topic.

But the question i have for u, shaolin brothers and sisters is: what is to be on topic?

Shaolin brother Fa Hui made this poll after i posted on the thread Kung Fu Movie about Kung Fu Panda, saying i would not mention that Pandas are veg and that i wondered why the question of veg is absent from so many gongfu movies. Though i used the negative form, it is apparently seen out of topic. Well i really thought Pandas r mostly veg and that i could mention that about this movie. And i also thought that to question the absence of the theme of compassion for animals in Gongfu movie was also interesting. But apparently it is seen as not relevant.

So we have a problem of definition: how to be on topic? To say that Pandas and the highest gong fu practicionners r veg should i open a new thread, Panda and vegetarianism?
                            And to discuss the absence of compassion for animals in Kung Fu movies, should i leave the thread Kung Fu movies??? And open a new thread, compassion for animals and Kung fu movies?

One solution instead of punishing me and banning me could be to have a dialogue about what is to be on topic. I think the themes of non violence and compassion to animals are linked to many aspects of Shaolin philosophy and it is no surprise that they should come often.

But maybe i speak too much about this and out of topic. I understand Doc wants the thread to stay on topic for those who search it later for educational purpose. So i might have a bit of effort to do to stay on topic.

That is why i propose we discuss the question of when is it on topic to talk about non violence and compassion for animal so we can find a consensus.

Anyway, i ll respect the opinion of the majority and of the owner of the site

Om mani pedme hung

Comment

i mostly agree with what he has to say.

i just think he doesnt really understand that being overzealous is actually doing more harm by making people disrespect vegetarianism and non-violence for the sake of sarcasm in response to his overdoing it, even when normally they would agree that animal cruelty and such is disgusting. but when you push, people naturally react against that, even if it goes beyond better judgment.

should he go to hell for it? well, after many months he still hasnt realized that he's not helping to change the situation of animal cruelty by preaching to smartasses on russbo.

but hell seems to be for people who are abusive and offensive. btl belongs there. but liu is just hardheaded sometimes, but he's always pretty gentle.

i say let him go. but he may risk being treated as a spammer, rather than an abusive poster.

Comment

Working...
                              X