Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Osteotherapy

Hey Doc,

Got turned to the site from my instructor. I went to China and the Shaolin Temple in 2006 with United Studios of Self Defense. While we were there i purchased some Shaolin Osteotherapy, or so the box claimed. Could you give me any idea as too what is in it, because I can't find anything similar here in the states. I bought some Jow here in the US but it is no where NEAR comparable. Any info you could give me would be greatly appriciated.

Bizarre that an instructor from USSD would tune you into my site, especially after all the "discussion" we've had about members of your organization, LOL.

Those bottles are full of the Chinese version of Dit Da Jow. It's actually not the good stuff; the really good stuff are the ones that are made with fermented scorpions. That's hard to find. There's really nothing special about the Shaolin version. From my experience, the "monks" generally don't use it. At least the older ones that I have known.

As to the exact ingredients, I couldn't tell you with any certainty. As with anything Chinese made nowadays, only god knows. But here are the ingredients as advertised:

Herba Veronicae Perginae 5.92 %
    Radix Angeliae Mollisimae 3.6%
    Rhizoma Seuradix Notopterygil 4.72%
    Radix Angelicae Pubescentis 4.72%
    Coi Tex Acanthopanacis Radicis 7.16%
    Rhizoma Spargani 2.84%
    Rhizoma Zedoariae 2.84%
    Pericarpium Zanthoxyll 7.16%
    Eupolyphaga Seu steleophaga 3.6%
    Olibanum 1.2%
    Resina Draconis 2.4%
    Lignum Sappan 7.16%
    Herba Aristolochiae Mollissimae 7.16%
    Herba Lindemaie Angustifolae 7.16%
    Herba Lycopodii 5.92%
    Menthol 5.68%
    Camphora 4.8%
    Folium Artemisiae Arggi 7.16%
    Rhizoma Corydalis 3.6%
    Borneolum Syntheticum 5.2%

To our great amazement, the combination of the ingredients as advertised, adds up to 100%.

Of all the ingredients, the camphor and menthol probably have the most pharmacologic effects. Camphor gives a cooling sensation to the skin, as it is readily absorbed, and also acts a slight local anesthetic. It is toxic in large doses, resulting in neurological hyperactivity (seizures, tremors, agitation). Camphor is generally not used in the US for medicinal purposes, other than for skin related issues, and it is used only in low percentages. Camphor is used in embalming.

Menthol also has some local anesthetic properties. It is used as a decongestant, flavoring agent, and anti-pruritic. It triggers the cold sensation neural receptors in the skin which gives it the apparent, but not real, "cooling" properties. It also functions as a topical analgesic, which makes its use in these Dit Da Jow formulations useful.

You really need to be careful with this stuff. Dousing yourself with it is not good; the amount of camphor within it, even though advertised at less than five percent, is really unknown. Chinese medicinal agents generally are not titrated or formulated with any degree of exactness, or even science for that matter. Camphor is generally not used in the US much anymore, and most agents that are advertised as having camphor, either have small amounts, or, forms that are deactivated. Using lots of this over time can lead to a situation where the camphor absorbed in the skin leads to neuromuscular and neurological disturbances. You can get elevated serum levels via skin absorption. Ingesting it would be just plain stupid
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

you know.. call me crazy, but it sounds to me that this particular product combination, is geared toward inciting microcosmic repsonse to simulate a marrow-wash..???

Maybe the U.S. stuff is like that because it just doesn't really have very high hopes for ppl on that score??..nOt that they think you're all shallow.

point is.. depending on how you breath and direct your focus.. different ingredient combinations are going to be most immediately ideal.

Are you familar with beta analanine and etherisiation by any chance?? ...

the difference is about how deep into a cell you want to incubate and permeat from.

maybe the chinese stuff , is just geared to go a little deeper.

Doc is an exxxcellent choice to give you a western orthordox M.D. spin on what would otherwise be left to your own wisdom in regard to all things shaolin.

Shifu is a wise man sending you here.

Maybe it's meant for satori practice?? the unexpected or unpredictable camphor levels.. imo are inducive of golden bell skill. you train your breath and muscle control to stabilise though that dbl level of differently tuned stimulation.. like you might for iron body for example... or how you might exploit beta alanine etherisation and incubation.. orrrr.. you didnt and youre screwed.

At leeast you got a clinical breakdown. we dont have aaany issue with rod cheats. .

exxxxcellent training product by the sounds.

do you get what the 'two' different products are planned to do to your body?

Blooming tianshi lotus.

Comment

You are all entitled to your Opinions... I am not going to go flaming here. I am training to improve myself. I've Trained with the monks in the Temple in '06. It was an amazing trip. Everyone is Entitled to their own opinion, but dont go claiming it to be fact unless you have trained with USSD. Yes there are Terrible Instructors in our company, that I wont deny. I am here for the Video's.

Comment

Originally posted by Ficky
        . I am here for the Video's.
        that'll explain it.

... so that was Your email then??

Comment

Originally posted by Ficky
          You are all entitled to your Opinions... I am not going to go flaming here. I am training to improve myself. I've Trained with the monks in the Temple in '06. It was an amazing trip. Everyone is Entitled to their own opinion, but dont go claiming it to be fact unless you have trained with USSD. Yes there are Terrible Instructors in our company, that I wont deny. I am here for the Video's.
          Not sure if that was directed at me or not, but regardless, I shall explain.

My comment alluded to my opinions and discussion, years ago, of Mattera's and Demasco's recent interactions with Yongxin. It has made me a pariah with that organization, which is why I find it bizarre that an instructor in the organization would bother with russbo.com.

I never made any commentary about USSD's instructors. In fact, I've known many of them over the years, having trained at USSD for about six years in the past. I have nothing against the company, the instructors, the training, or the people that go there. I was there in the early nineties, long before the recent evolution and historical rewriting.

I just find some of the recent "claims" interesting... It's been discussed elsewhere in the site, in the past.

Hope you enjoy the videos. We have more coming.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

I intend that response for anyone. I have heard good and bad from people outside the company. Just like you hear good and bad from people about other styles and schools. We have taught 80k people, so I think there are some good things happening. No, Your Not Getting my email!

Comment

Wasn't this thread to be about Dit Da Jow? Osteopaty.
              How come it ends up in people bashing?

Jeez, let's get back to the camphor. Is there a homeopathic application available in the US?

Comment

Working...
              X