Wrist Cysts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrist Cysts

I don't know when it appeared, maybe during autumn maybe beginning of winter. A little ball appeared under the skin of my right wrist. It's not really painful but still I'm afraid it will grow bigger or that it could block any vessel in my wrist. It's not painful but still uncomfortable physically and estetically. Websites tell me it's harmless but still I want it to go away.

Has anyone ever had that? It doesn't seem so uncommon so maybe you could...

Could it be related to training? like push ups on fingertips or on knuckles or on palms simply...? Should I stop training just because of that stupid cyst? I certainly don't want this. But I don't want to get a surgery either. i don't want to get a scar only because of that damn little ball.

I consider seeing a doctor but I want to wait to see if it'll go by itself. I'll give it one or two months again. But what do you think? Should I stop training? Could it even be the cause of this cyst?

I've also tried to hit myself with some books or even a weight from my barbell but still it won't leave me alone... looks like the ball loves me...

Note that it is a Volar Cyst, on the palm side of my wrist.

More information of what it is and how it looks at:

or
    =========
    Peace out!

We've discussed it before. If it bothers you, see a doctor. Sometimes these things get smaller and go away, sometimes they get bigger and more obnoxious. Working out with weights may aggravate it, as you're increasing the pressure within the joint, and causing fluid to bulge the cyst out. Resting it may enable it to get smaller. Hitting it with a bible was the old, and effective, way of treating some of these things. Sometimes.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Thanks

On the other thread about ganglion cyst, daodejing started talking about TCM. Do you think an acupuncturist could help me with this?
      =========
      Peace out!

Comment

In my opinion, no.

Unless he used a really big needle, and stuck the thing right in the middle.

Boom.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Well, they're generally small, round, hairless, and hard, filled with fluid.

Kind of like my head.

russbo.com

Comment

lift heavy book, lower heavy book quickly... it's a snap!
            ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

mine looks exactly like that:

or
              =========
              Peace out!

Comment

Those are ganglions. If they're that big, and they bother you, they should be surgically removed. Smacking them with a book or what have you will not necessarily convince them to go away.

russbo.com

Comment

ewww, what the hell would cause that shit
                  "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

russbo.com

Comment

Doc, do you know anything about the surgery? How's the scar? Does the wrist become stiff? How long does it take to heal and being able to train again?
                      =========
                      Peace out!

Comment

doc your an MD right? is that better then a phd? and is there any other higher level of doctor you can be then md or phd.
                        "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

I'm an MD. It's different than a PHD. One is not higher than the other, they're different disciplines, requirements, abilities, licensure, etc. I've had some PHD friends, most of whom have been interesting, and knowledgeable, to say the least. One was a girl, a PHD candidate in Psychology, whom I was dating for a year or two. Good looking intelligent girl, great conversations, beautiful in her own California way, decisive, responsible, driven, oh, bad sex. OK, not so imaginative. She was a little wacky; her interests in becoming a pscyhologist may have been derived from the fact that she needed one, either caused by extenal factors during her maturation phase, or, because she was dating me.

We broke up one Christmas eve, when it was discovered that I had not proposed marriage to her. For some reason, "that was the plan", which, I might add, nobody had told me about.

Interesting relationship. Learn something from this.

Oh, ganglions. Typically a one inch incision or so, a short half hour operation in competent hands, with not so much pain post op, and generally, a rapid return to normal function. However, I certainly would not suggest that you get in the gym and start punching the heavy bad after you've "healed" in a few weeks. Give the stress on the wrist a few months before you start overdoing it again.

russbo.com

Comment

Thanks for the info

I'm not interested in surgery though :S
                            I'll make it explode by mind power!!!
                            =========
                            Peace out!

Comment

her interests in becoming a pscyhologist may have been derived from the fact that she needed one
                              Haven't heard that one before.

Comment

Working...
                              X