russbo.com: Why we do it....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• russbo.com: Why we do it....

Hi doc! Just visited your site... You have been busy! So, you are back in China? How are the whole things going?

Yes, I've been busy. Lots of changes, more to come. Quite frankly xxxxx, I don't know why I continue with it. Really don't. It's a lot of work, and costs me lots of money, and I don't know why I bother. But, anyway, I was in China for two weeks, on my way to Shaolin. Never made it. I have been ill with allergic asthma and pneumonia in the US, so I left for Shaolin to get away from it. But, when in Beijing, I caught that damn SARS pneumonia or something similar. So, I cancelled my trip to Shaolin, and instead, came down here to Thailand to soak in the sun and get better. I'm here now, just enjoying life. My health is more important than my training.

Sorry to read that. Hope you will get better soon.

You are doing all this simply because you are passionate with Shaolin! You set up a web site about a hot subject and people start asking you all sort of questions you felt you had to answer. I am surprised by the care you take to answer each question on your forum. It must take you hours... I myself refuse to answer when the answer is online...

So now you have become the reference for Shaolin and help a lot of people... Not that bad don't you think? Of course, revenue is another issue with internet (I am also an expert on how to spend money building a web site...)

So take a rest my friend and keep enjoying life!

Yes, I'm sure you understand this whole issue about these web sites; you've put a hell of a lot of work into yours. Why do we do it, LOL. I guess I'll just never know. For all the time and trouble, they seem to bring some sort of satisfaction. I think....

Oh well. It's raining here in Thailand, and I absolutely love it. Off to do some more emails, more people who want to become monks, hahaha. Damn, they never end, do they.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

If you ever wondered why we do it. This broke my little heart. What's left of it....

hi my name is xxxx xxxxxx im 13 years old and live in mobile alabama one day i hope to make my way to china or ny to join this temple i hear about i heared about gong fu/kung fu when i was about 10 and al ways wanted to joina place to teach it but im now just getting heared umm well i dont know what else to say i was kinda looking for support i dont get any from my family no matter what i do but i know i will get there one day most of my family dont know but im a very dedicated and know i will make it so if one of you are still there or if you have any dealings with them you will see me one day ok well i just wanted some one to hear my story........ps if you could i wouldnt mind some tips.......xxxxx xxxxx @_@

Hi xxxxx,

We'd be more than happy to help you get to Shaolin one day, if that's what you really want to do. But, you're a little young to be making such a journey. So, in the meantime, a good thing to do would be for you to read as much as you can on the subject. There's a lot of information on the site that you can start with, and there are a lot of other great web sites out there that talk about Shaolin. Also, feel free to discuss whatever questions that you have with us on the discussion Forum / Library, on the site. We'd be more than happy to help you out, and hear about the things that you want to talk about. When you get older, around 18, we can talk about your trip to Shaolin to train with the monks.

Stay in touch, and stay well.

doc
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Working...
    X