Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The true meaning of love... Yes, this is definitely it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The true meaning of love... Yes, this is definitely it.

UN-AL-HAQ!!!

Everyone I've always known all my life has talked about love...as an emotion. I myself have talked about it so many times with friends, cousins, girlfriends, fellow writers, even strangers at times. The nature of this emotion has never really been clear to me. Sometimes, it's perfect pain, sometimes pure and perfect happiness. Maybe, the nature of love is purity, just perfection...maybe it's just a mirror of all other emotions we have...of all we really are.
    A very dear friend of mine was deep in thought, the other day, and i casually asked him of what he thought it really is. He didn't try describing it.
    Instead, he just told me this story:

They say, there lived a man in the days of yore who fell in love with God. He was so much in love with God that he started meditating for days on end without food or water. Now, I'll have you know that Sufism or mysticism is an integral part of Islam. It has always been practised by Muslims since Islam first began, and we call these highly religious folks "Wali-Ullah", Allah's people. They are supposed to be very devout, and in Islamic mythology, there are millions of miracles that they are supposed to have performed.
    Anyway, The Man we were talkin about, loved God so much that he forgot himself...a state Sufi's call ISHQ. He surpassed every physical and metaphysical state of consciousness until one day, he stood up on the sands, his eyes ablaze with glory and power, and started screaming, "Un-al-Haq! Un-al-Haq!" that means "I'm Haq, I'm God".
    The people of that time seized him and bound his hands and feet, and demanded that he take back this heresy. He didn't even look around and kept declaring "Un-al-Haq! Un-al-Haq" till the executioner drew out his sword, and in one swift stroke, chopped his head away from his body.
    They say that wherever his blood spilt, wherever it snaked away, the crimson sands shone with alphabets that declared, 'Un-al-Haq! Un-al-Haq' written in pure Noor, light.

Maybe love's not just a mirror, it is us. To love is to lose oneself in love...and then find oneself. Maybe LOVE is God, instead of the other way around.
    My friend, xxx, also said God breathed a part of himself into us.
    I have never looked for that part in me...but I'm starting now!!!

THE END

Yes. To love is to lose oneself in love... and then find oneself. Sounds good to me. I'm tired of paying for it.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

that was beautiful.

thank you.
    Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Working...
    X