No announcement yet.

alas poor mortal i knew the mut well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no, im too poor and weak. i have to use my fists like the brawler that i am, and i cant seem to get my hp to 100 because i was robbed by the death bunny. still fighting golum and anode..someone im making decent exp i guess, but i dunno im took weak and i only fight those weaker then me. like mortal and sifu grados.
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

I have never seen Hung gar performed live but it does have a rigid feel to me. It's not fluid and smooth like Wing Chun (Fox, Crane, and Snake). It is a power style right? it is based on Tiger and Crane right? If this is the style you study please enlighten us on the effectiveness of Hung gar. I'm interested about who your teach is too. For that matter who all of you guys study with. Post it or send me a PM
      "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

i have some info about hung kuen at my website( www.geocities.com/mysticlama) ..but not that much really. hung style is what u make of it. a big misunderstanding of chinese martial arts is people see forms and techniques and expect people to fight exactly how the forms are played. the techniques of hung kuen are vast, but the most important thing is the 12 bridge hands, 5 elements, and 5 animals concepts. the reason some of the forms may seem "rigid" is because the moves are executed with dynamic tension and isometric tension. this is more complicated then it sounds, but the end result is very..very fast and powerful strikes when u fight.

anyway, hung style is famous for the tiger and crane set which is only 1 form and an intermediate one at that. it has spawned numerous systems based on this form only and different fighting styles. not to mention 3/4 of "nan quan" the wushu form the prc uses for demo is our tiger and crane. although the wushu people really dont know what they are doing when they practice the form, and its obvious. the only person ive seen impress me with his nan quan was dr hu jiang ming(or chiang orsomething) from jet lis "shaolin temple" and he teaches in ct

and i dont like discussiong my teachers identity very much, for personal reasons..take more word for it or not, means nothing to me.

oh and incidentally, every technique and energy applied in wing chun or wing tsun is found in hung style, infact the 12 bridge hands cover more use of energy then wing chun system. the difference is how the two systems usually apply the bridge. wing chun takes a softer approach to bridgeing ive never really seen any hard in it which is a shame, hung style teaches both, my sifu here emphasises the soft as did sigung, but in hk my sifu has a whole different approach to bridgeing..

Comment

I read some of your website. You have a ton of info on it, so I haven't read it all. I'm impressed you were able to collect it all and put it into a decent format. While I respect you for your researching ability I can no longer respect you for your kung-fu. I can't respect people who expect to learn IRON BODY from a video. I think it is potentially dangerous without a proper instructor. I also saw that link to Sifu Tarif Ghazi who teaches Iron body in a seminar and "... has learned Iron Shirt practice from 3 different teachers and styles" is not fully enlightened on Iron Shirt ( I base this on the assumption that no decent teacher would teach someone everything about Iron shirt and then let them go learn elsewhere)(btw most of those demos are fake breaking concrete over someone is not as hard as you may think and it has nothing to do with qi gong)

Why can't people stick with one teacher and learn everything they have to offer instead of jumping around and learning a little here and there...this is a topic for somewhere else

How is Wing lam your si gung? I dont think you can call him that if you just purchased a video. Why are you so secretive about your teacher? I think your teacher would be happy to hear his name thrown out HERE.
          "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

lolo, personally i could careless what a stranger respects or doesnt, espcially not my gung fu. and just so you know my sifu taught me small golden bell techniques before i purchased the shaolin iron body dvd(which incidentally doesnt teach the whole small golden bell system), this was infact the only reason i did buy it because i already had EXPERIENCE in iron body via my sifu. not to mention i already practiced iron arm because it is a staple of hung kuen. and kwong wing lam is my sigung in that my sifu was his best student and fighter, whenever there was a challenge or competition in sigungs name my sifu was the one to answer the call, but thats little compared to what else he has accomplished, none of which i need tell you about. you can think anything u want about hung ga, but its well known si gungs skill, and my sifu is right up there with him, people like chen xiao wang and leung ting dont honor sigung by visiting him for no reason, and i dont need to honor sifu by shouting his name on a forum which has no reason of knowing other than confirming what i say. regardless, like i say, take it or leave it.

and just so you know tetsumaru, if you knew sifu tarif youd know he did not study under 3 different teachers infact he learned all his iron body from seminars, yknow like the 2 day seminars he now teaches

Comment

Nice website. You have many monk pics for a monk hater. lol

I like that wutang song.

I think you need to come to the city and check out Sifu Grados in person. You sound like you know good kungfu when you see it. I garauntee you will be impressed if you met him in person. He is very down to earth.

I think wingchun is about as sensitive as it gets. If you are tense you can't feel the other persons energy. Just throwing a hard bridge with a follow up is enough for a no nothing street guy. But against a wingchun guy he will just pull that energy in and knock your stiff, useless hunggar ass out.

Comment

"Nice website. You have many monk pics for a monk hater. lol"

ok, i know your jokeing but at the same time..just wanna say im not a "monk hater" in the least. the martial monks are very very good, their skills are far beyond my level, so of course i respect them greatly, i just say in comparison to other sifus in the world, these monks arent what they should be, they claim to be shaolin monks they should not only be buddhist but also alot better at gung fu...

"I like that wutang song."

me to, interestingly my sifu said the same thing when he visited my website. sifu in usa.

"think you need to come to the city and check out Sifu Grados in person. You sound like you know good kungfu when you see it. I garauntee you will be impressed if you met him in person. He is very down to earth."

lolo, as much as i make fun, i am impressed. but not as impressed i suppose as you are, for one because not only has your sifu been doing wing chun with famous teachers for 20+ years, but he also grew up poor, which probably gave him alot of time to dedicate to his art..either way, your sifu is basically what is expected, at the very least of someone who trained that long. so do i think hes incredible or ridiculous..no, hes on a plateau just like everyone else, he can get better then he is, alot better and he knows it for sure. btw ive seen every app and vid on his site, i cant stand the hiphop "street combat" shit, i wanna pow choy whoever made that shit..but anyway yea ive seen all that shit, wing chun..the only thing i dislike about it is it always looks the same, as it should i guess considering its history..but i just dont like how it lacks self expression. its very scientific but in the end its very set in its ways as a system. but its supposed to be, thats what it was made for and thats probably one of my biggest problems with it..but its good, i wouldnt mind training in wing chun because i love sensitivity training, its ridiculously fun because u learn so much about urself

"think wingchun is about as sensitive as it gets. If you are tense you can't feel the other persons energy. Just throwing a hard bridge with a follow up is enough for a no nothing street guy. But against a wingchun guy he will just pull that energy in and knock your stiff, useless hunggar ass out."

i disagree about sensitivity, for instance, taijijuan sinks and relaxs to the extreme. wing chun only relaxs to the point where an opening is availble or where an opening is made, but for the most part the wing chun system seeks to find the opening, instead of others like hung ga for example..which do the same thing in clinch but also, power through the bridge and create the opening. theres a saying "if you encounter a bridge cross it, if you cant cross it destroy it" anyway. what u say about the hard bridge is a point i would like to address in more detail but in reality you need to understand the problem here "gong kiu" or hard bridge is only 1 bridgeing method in hung styles 12 bridgeing hands. u understand that, then u understand that the hung style is more bridge dependant then most styles even wing chun, because not only do we engage the arm bridge but the leg aswell, you dont just disrupt/evade the arm energy you disrupt the stance. anyway, someday i will show you what hung style is all about...will be interesting, lolo

Comment

Comment

I could tranlsate most of those techniques into wingchun.

Wingchun is more sensitive then those clips show. And he is better then those clips. They are old. Some are really old. I have watched him improve. He is much better in person. That is why I invite you to check him out in person.

"lolo, as much as i make fun, i am impressed. but not as impressed i suppose as you are, for one because not only has your sifu been doing wing chun with famous teachers for 20+ years, but he also grew up poor, which probably gave him alot of time to dedicate to his art..either way, your sifu is basically what is expected, at the very least of someone who trained that long. so do i think hes incredible or ridiculous..no, hes on a plateau just like everyone else, he can get better then he is, alot better and he knows it for sure. btw ive seen every app and vid on his site, i cant stand the hiphop "street combat" shit, i wanna pow choy whoever made that shit..but anyway yea ive seen all that shit, wing chun..the only thing i dislike about it is it always looks the same, as it should i guess considering its history..but i just dont like how it lacks self expression. its very scientific but in the end its very set in its ways as a system. but its supposed to be, thats what it was made for and thats probably one of my biggest problems with it..but its good, i wouldnt mind training in wing chun because i love sensitivity training, its ridiculously fun because u learn so much about urself"

I love the self expression too! That is why I love wushu. Its also all about flow.

The hip hop song on the site was done by his friend. Its from 10 years ago. I admit it does get annoying.

Comment

"I could tranlsate most of those techniques into wingchun.

Wingchun is more sensitive then those clips show. And he is better then those clips. They are old. Some are really old. I have watched him improve. He is much better in person. That is why I invite you to check him out in person."

yes, alot of the 12 bridge hands can easily be translated into wing chun, thats the point, its why i say what i say.. 12 bridge hands is just 1 method of understanding bridgeing, its the most important imo, but u also have to understand the involvement of the 5 elements and 5 animals.

wing chun is sensitive i know..those arent the only wing chun demos ive seen..ive seen many leung tings, benny meng etc when it comes to sensitivity though, i dont think you can beat taiji. taiji is to soft..like my sifu would say, when you push hands you should be like a raincoat, they push and they go right through you, wing chun is doesnt yield as much, the sensitivity is there but its more aggressive, not the speed moreso the philosophy that is used via chi sao the more you stick the more forward pressure is used if u keep applying forward pressure in that manner and u encounter someone who can control or deflect the technique, or even guard sooner or later if they know how they can redicit even the slightest amount of pressure to your extereme disadvantage. i know from personal exp, i give my sifu NOTHING and then the next thing u know im ****ed somehow..

Comment

I have never met a taiji guy that really had that skill to a martially functional level. You are correct about not yeilding in wingchun. We step to the side make a new line and attack.

Comment

ren guangyi http://www.renguangyi.com/ is in NYC he will show you whats good, without a doubt.

also, william cc chen http://www.williamccchen.com/ who is i believe a yang inheritor from cheng man ching

theres also these guys www.blacktaoist.com for neijia combat

theres alot more in NYC then one would think..u have to seek them out to find out taijijuan combat prowess.

Comment

"ren guangyi http://www.renguangyi.com/ is in NYC he will show you whats good, without a doubt."

He used to rent a space next to my shaolin class with Hengxin. So I know who he is and have seen his class. He would talk with my shaolin teacher before class often. I could tell just by looking at him and that vibe I get that he could throw. They seemed to have a mutual respect for each other. But, I just didn't like the way he taught. Also he doesn't have a stable of great fighters or anything. The light sparring I did see had nothing on the dozens of great fighters at grados.

"also, william cc chen http://www.williamccchen.com/ who is i believe a yang inheritor from cheng man ching"

theres also these guys www.blacktaoist.com for neijia combat

I am not impressed with either of these last two. True his son and daughter fight sanshou or something. BUt they train for it specifically. They are not standing around doing taichi forms and push hands.
                            I can't understand why everyone is soooo impressed with the last guy. I saw a defense against weapons clip once. He blocked a staff (swung very lightly) with his arm and then hit the guy. lolol With one arm block a swinging staff? And then label it an application? I respect the fact that he trains but belive me Sifu Grados is on a MUCH higher level. I personally think he is one of the best in the world. I have seen a lot of kungfu. I am an enthusuiast. It is my heart. And at fighting I 100% know you would be very impressed with Grados in person. Again nothing against taoist but when your talking about being one of the best. I wasn't convinced.

theres alot more in NYC then one would think..u have to seek them out to find out taijijuan combat prowess.

I know about all these guys. There are many in the area that are better. I have hungout with many other masters as well. Also I grew up in Brooklyn. My friends that I considered soft where highly respected fighters in other circles. Many of my other friends are dead or in jail from fighting. So it really takes a lot from these so called masters to impress me. You underestimate my kungfu community knowledge. I could name every famous master in the NYC area.

Comment

"He used to rent a space next to my shaolin class with Hengxin. So I know who he is and have seen his class. He would talk with my shaolin teacher before class often. I could tell just by looking at him and that vibe I get that he could throw. They seemed to have a mutual respect for each other. But, I just didn't like the way he taught. Also he doesn't have a stable of great fighters or anything. The light sparring I did see had nothing on the dozens of great fighters at grados"

so..regardless of how he teaches hes a taiji guy that can fight right? just why i mentioned him and i thought u might now ren anyway..

"am not impressed with either of these last two. True his son and daughter fight sanshou or something. BUt they train for it specifically. They are not standing around doing taichi forms and push hands.
                              I can't understand why everyone is soooo impressed with the last guy. I saw a defense against weapons clip once. He blocked a staff (swung very lightly) with his arm and then hit the guy. lolol With one arm block a swinging staff? And then label it an application? I respect the fact that he trains but belive me Sifu Grados is on a MUCH higher level. I personally think he is one of the best in the world. I have seen a lot of kungfu. I am an enthusuiast. It is my heart. And at fighting I 100% know you would be very impressed with Grados in person. Again nothing against taoist but when your talking about being one of the best. I wasn't convinced."

wasnt talking about chens son and daught was talking about chen. if he wasnt so old he could throw down even though im positive he could use Taiji in combat.

as for the blacktaoist..i think the clip u saw was maoshan ..anyway, u think they that weak i suggest u give them a visit, i do not think that grados is that superior i dont think hes superior at all actually. a demo is a demo and an app is an app, when it comes to fighting these "masters" never really seek each other out so how could we know whos superior? my sifu here fought in underground fight clubs, san shou and the ufc does that mean because of his background he will own everyone or because he can show some flashy apps hes superior?

saying grados is one of the best in the world is..a crazy statement. there are to many people who practice and what u said about mainland kung fu before is true, their kung fu is ridiculous..

u also have to consider malaysia and taiwan they have some serious ass kickers aswell, but most will never even know them because they never understand enough to really progress past what they are used to as being 'good' or 'real good' lolo

plus..best in the world..ehh yea i would put my moneys down on sifu in hk vs grados anyday, and sifu in hk ..is well, not likely the best they got over there infact, i know hes not and he blew my mind

Comment

surprised no one has asked for a dick measurement yet...
                                ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Working...
                                X