Ice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daodejing
    It's irrevelant whether or not it actually is dangerous for you. What matters is how you feel during and after your practice, and if you beleive it could be dangerous.
    hear hear.

Comment

Well, I have another treatment tomorrow, I'll ask her again if it's dangerous during the treatment. I don't believe I could have problem with the two first movements, and I'll do more search about the others. just to make sure before starting again my qigong practice... I believe your right dao

If you beleive her, even a little bit, stop practicing qigong until you can find a teacher. It's irrevelant whether or not it actually is dangerous for you. What matters is how you feel during and after your practice, and if you beleive it could be dangerous. Because if even a part of you thinks it could be harmful, and you practice anyway, your mind will make it become harmful.
      =========
      Peace out!

Comment

Lipster,

Hey! Yeah, it's the same old G. How are you making out?

Actually I ended up moving to Taiwan in order to continue my studies. My life is pretty simple here. But after another year I should be en route to Sri lanka for an additional stint of sorts. Seems my family is patiently awaiting my arrival back home within the next two years, so, I guess I'm rushing to do my best and learn some things beforehand, get experience and see a few places, etc..

Hope your well and thanks for saying hello,

With warmth,

G
        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Ok, now I have my answers. So about the "does qigong practice during an acupunture treatment have an effect on the treatment?", she said "in acupuncture, the qi isnt the same as the one we use in qigong, her treatments are only with the energy yin and the yang, so my qigong practice have nothing to do with my treatment"

about "is qigong really dangerous?", she said "there is different purposes of practicing qigong, there is the martial arts/health purpose and the enlightenment purpose." qigong is apparently used to empty the mind to find enlightenment. She said "this is the dangerous practice of qigong, the martial arts one is not dangerous as the enlightenment one". (I guess advanced martial qigong practices could also be dangerous)

Here is the results of a bad qigong practice of the zhan zhang qi gong exercise(the wanham site):

Zhan Zhang is a powerful exercise, and is best done under supervision. Those who practice wrongly and still persist on, may vomit blood, have deformed bodily structure, or insidiously damaged internal organs. There are usually warning signs for wrong practice, such as discomfort, pain and nervousness. Whenever you have such warning signs, stop your Zhan Zhang and revert back to Ba Duan Jin. Resume Zhan Zhang training only whan the warning signs have disappeared.
          So about my ba duan jin practice, I guess I shoulnt worry of it, I think I'll be safe with or without a master now. Like daodejing said if i believe i'm doing it wrong, it's the way I will have problems. Ba duan jin are movements that we can do in our daily life, it's not a tough exercise and not complicated. ANYWAY, i believe i'm doing properly the movements.

So i'm now ok, maybe you could comment on the possibility that i'm still doing wrongly ba duan jin but I don't think so. Let's talk about something else. I hope with this new post, you dont still think my acupuncturist is a nut. She have the answers but I asked the wrong questions I guess...

ChenZen, trying to recover...
          Amitabha!
          =========
          Peace out!

Comment

Well, if it was on the Wahnam site, I would most definitely believe it. God forbid you develop a "deformed bodily structure..."

Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
            russbo.com

Comment

so what is the type of Qi used in Qi Gong?
              =========
              Peace out!

Comment

And did you already heard about a type of Qigong with the purpose of enlightenment?
                =========
                Peace out!

Comment

Working...
                X