Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out through the nose, or out through the mouth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was responding to adam k's comment
    I think that Pai Mei was known to inhale and exhale using both his mouth and nose at the same time. This is a special type of breathing. Cosmic something or other.
    and to ddj's comment (on the previous page)
    Just make sure you lightly press the tip of your tongue to the roof of your mouth. Even if you don't like the word qi in your explanations, it completes an electrical circuit.

Comment

LYF, when the body is relaxed, breath in (deeply through the nose) and when expending energy (like a straight punch) breath out. you really should ask doc, if he has published any threads on breathing. The way I understand it is something like this.

we have three breathing patterns normal, reverse, and normal. ask doc to talk about it. this would be a great opp for me to learn some things too.

did you read the monk book?

Comment

I agree w/ Zachsan about the filtering bit w/ nasal inhalation. I'm not an expert or anything' but i think in most cases doing what comes natural is best. I recall hearing of a study done that concluded that humans absorb a considerable amount of oxygen through the skin. With the total surface area of the body, the small amount of oxygen taken in per square inch of skin actually totals up to be a larger percent than what was expected to be found from the study. I work in a factory that is filled w/ fumes and smokes and all that good stuff, and I've always been able to tell a difference in how I breathe whan I get home and get showered up. Certain environments can layer your skin w/ pollutants that minimze oxygen absorbtion. Maybe I should have researched more about this before bringing it up, but I just wanted to drop the idea. Besides I'm pretty sure some of y'all could find the info quicker and better.

I think the most important thing is to breathe naturally and rhythmically. Some sects of martial arts exhale percentages of breath when exerting or delivering blows. The amount of info on the subject is beyond me.

Peace
        AK

Comment

Working...
        X