Qi injuries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qi injuries

i heard that you can injure your chi. does this have anything to do with the lungs?
    well i ask cuz i think i have developed a substantial amount of qi, enough to where i can sink it to my dantien and send it to my hands aND FEET, I DONT REALLY KNOW what im doing, but i was stance training when i first felt this phenomenon. i got super tired, but i started to brathe very deeply and suddenly as i exhaled i felt a force similar to butterflies in my stomach. and when i send it to my hands it feels hot and tingly, also on the balls of my feet i can feel a tingling sensation after i do stance training and take a shower. but anyway...
    I was talking to my mom one day while standing in her doorway i stretched both hands out grabbed the outer rims of the doorway and leaned forward, then i felt something in my back/mid chest open and when i took a breath(stupid) there seemed to have formed a bubble or something right there deep in my chest and upper back maybe it was a nerve injury or something im not too sure but when i jumped up and down i could feel the sensation of bubbles in my lower right kidney area and it was very painful for weeks, i felt this pain also when i bent forward. it felt similar to congestion all bubbly but not in my lungs i dont think, and to this day (months later) it comes back if i lay wrong or move wrong but goes away if i relax and do some deep breathing. DOES ANYONE HAVE A CLUE? THOUGH I DONT REALLY EXPECT ONE, just wondering what the heck is going on here.
    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

You need to see a medical proffessional. Preferable an acupuncturist or physical therapist. But a good doctor will do too.
    Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

acupuncture sounds very relieving. thanks.
      "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

One tcm explanation of what is happening is this (and don't worry about anything you described, except for the pain, they're all fine and normal sensations for qigong) is that there is stagnation of qi/blood.

Other possibilities include that you have some impacted bowel matter, or just excessive gas in your small intestine.

When you experience the kidney pain, does it come and go or is it always painful? Is it dependent on your posture?

Comment

Try physically relaxing the organ or area that's hurting then directing your qi straight through it while stretching up, in ( or down) and through the area..... This will unblock any qi that's stagnating there and should alleviate pain instantly. I also really recommend that every single time you play with your qi ( which can't be "damaged" so much as drained or overloaded ( not good by the way ; ) because of blockages ) by doing something like sinking it back into your dantien while your feet are planted flat to the ground and driving it back to the earth. The qi basically travels up up the outside of your legs, heads up your back from just below your hips, then up the back of your neck, over you face, over your shoulders and down the outside of your arms, over the back of your hands, up your inside arms to your chest then down your torso and through the inside of your legs. It comes up and goes down at the same time ( TCM folks be nice ) to rest in your dantien. You can ground your qi after working with it by slaping through the merridian ( rubbing your face on your way through) and when you stop ( and dont forget your kidneys / spleen and liver , gentle through the heart drawing it down )as you bring your hands (charged with / directing that energy ) to rest your hands on your lower dantien and imagine "woofing" the energy into it , and pausing fore a moment before you stretch your shoulders back, relax your blades down your back , hunch forward and lengthen your spine with a nice stretch over your head before you shake it out.

You're obviously new to the world of qi and tcm, but I love the trip your on so cheers and hope it helps

Blooming Lotus

Ps : don't forget to drink 1.5 lts water every single day !!!! It's for your chi
          Last edited by blooming tianshi lotus; 03-16-2005, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Where exactly do you feel the pain? And what triggers it now?
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
            russbo.com

Comment

under my right clavicle next to my spine traveling down to right kidney area, also i broke out in shingles last year and my right side was sort of paralyzed from inside my right cheek down to my shoulder, my shoulder was stuck in a shrug pos. and my right cheek was also as if i were squinting it. some weird stuff huh?
              and no im not mental

Comment

just go to a doctor.

Comment

I think the opnion of a bunch of wannabee kungfu posers is much more valuable!

Amitabha! Amita duh!

Comment

"amita duh"? that's just painful.

Comment

really its all good, just wanted to get some info/input, i had some theory as to what it was but actually it doesnt matter, its not impairing, it was painful but not so much anymore. its more like tension now. I know some of you out there may be posers, but some of you may not be. and those of you who are willing to impart knowledge input advice etc. I am more than glad to accept it. Plus i hate doctors. scared of em actually. i just dont like people inserting foriegn objects in EXIT ONLY areas to see if theres something wrong with me because THEY DONT HAVE A DAMN CLue. Dont get me wrong though doctors are wonderful proffesional people(most of em) but unles im dying in anyway, id rather not see any PRACTITIONERS.

Comment

yes, they do have a clue. and chances are they're not going to insert anything in exit only areas, so don't worry about it.

Comment

I agree with Zach and given the nature of your complaint , it would be really neglegant for any of us not to recommend you do the same. Unless you have studied yourself and know exactly how that whole system works, it's foolish to DIY and even more silly to take only the advice you get online. Go to the doctor ha. If you're really concerned about a traditional western practioner, go see a naturopath or a traditional chinese medical practioner. The tcm doctor will more likely stick you with something, but do you want to heal or did just want some attention???

BL

Comment

Look, I'm helping to treat a very a patient right now whose very similar to your case. Recent history of shingles with shooting pain and numbness and paresthesia of the extremities.

Trust me, you should see someone. A good acupuncturist might be more up your alley than a good md, but just go see a proffessional.

You don't want to end up with a UTI or a kidney infection because you ignored the signs your body was sending you.

A very wise woman once told me that "Pain is a call for change." Don't ignore it.

Comment

Working...
                            X