Qi Gong Psychotic Reactions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by master splinter View Post

How can these people tell whether or not the subjects did not already have lingering mental illness?
    That's an excellent point. It also goes along with the whole mindset of some people that you find in the martial arts, what I call the "master worship" syndrome.

People who's lives are so empty, or who are so emotionally needful, that they cling to these martial arts teachers and elevate them to demigod status.

Where have we seen this before....
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

By the way... my comments were from the perspective of someone with a serious mental health disability.
      And I was saying that I understand how it could cause psychosis in someone with my problems, or similar problems.
      I have BiPolar disorder. I could see it causing problems in people with that, or schizoaffective disorder, or other similar problems.
      I didn't mean it would do it to everyone.

Djon Ma
      Karma Dechen Djon Ma
      "For as long as space endures, And as long as living beings remain, Until then may I too abide, To dispel the misery of the world."
      Shantideva

Comment

psichosis is to be cut off from realiti, pali: dhamma, and live in a world of fantasi

here is a video documentari about the suffering of cows for leather in india

PETA delivers a variety of animal rights videos: from sexy animal rights testimonials to humorous celebrity public service announcements (PSAs) to graphic, undercover investigations.

Comment

Psychosis is nothing about fantasy.
          You can get delusions whilst in psychosis, but it's not like that really.
          It's... difficult to explain.

Djon Ma
          Karma Dechen Djon Ma
          "For as long as space endures, And as long as living beings remain, Until then may I too abide, To dispel the misery of the world."
          Shantideva

Comment

But who suffers from psychosis? How many people will watch this petatv video about animal suffering and really get connected with reality instead of living in their imagination and desire? As buddhists they should not spread psychosis and know the reality of animal suffering instead of denying it...

Peace and love

Comment

Liu, since we're talking about pure medical psychosis here, I suffer from it, so I do actually know what I'm talking about when I talk about it.
              It's nothing to be joked about, or messed around with, trust me.

And if you suffer from such problems I can easily see how learning to affect your Qi could affect you originally. You'd need a proper teacher willing to do one on one training with you, and support you through the initial phases, until you're good enough to be able to learn the normal Qi manipulation. You need to be able to control your own mind and Qi to be able to do this.
              That might be why the psychotic reactions occur - but I could only see it happening in people with certain mental issues.

Djon ma
              Karma Dechen Djon Ma
              Shantideva

Comment

I agree with u DjonMa we need support from teachers and sangha, though the 14 dalai lama says guru yoga is dangerous for beginners.

I started meditation with my lover, korean painter Sha, who followed the goenka vipassana tradition of hinayana and taught me. For some reason she didnt want to use condoms so got pregnant and aborted and the left me. She didnt keep contact with me and i think i was too much alone doing retreats and 2 hours meditation a day, not moving. I got confused about emptiness, not knowing if thinking was coming from inside or outside. I was also confused about buddha nature, thinking i would become a buddha,which in our western worl seemed so strange. My friends didnt care about religion, my lover had left me, i got confused. Also as a vegetarian i was quite alone and i think it is very interesting to enquire the relation between food and paranoia.

Fortunatly my philosophy study helped me quite a lot, mainly trough the practice of doubt and directing my energy towards goodness.

In china i havent found a real master for me, i have monk friends and some daoists and buddhists friends, but not a real master. Maybe i should look more deeply and enquire more about the qi. Maybe if i want to realize non violence; which is my goal instead of buddha nature, maybe i have to learn more about qi.

May you be happy and always know when to doubt, just like it is said gotama said we should in the kalama sutta. KA LAMA? Funny! That s one thing we can learn from tibetans and chineses family: laugh in front of problems.

Peace and love from the rainbow family.

Comment

Originally posted by doc View Post

People who's lives are so empty, or who are so emotionally needful, that they cling to these martial arts teachers and elevate them to demigod status.

Lol,

And then you have those con-fu artists that take complete advantage.
                  "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Originally posted by doc View Post
                    That's an excellent point. It also goes along with the whole mindset of some people that you find in the martial arts, what I call the "master worship" syndrome.

So THAT is why you run a Shaolin kung fu website where no one ever talks about kung fu.

Your life is empty, you are emotionally needful, so you made this Shaolin
                    website to fill your pathetic personal needs.

After years of baloney and no kung fu talk, didn't you think your motives would become obvious to people?

Comment

I don’t suppose many of websites give this kind of information. 3d movie maker, horror movie directors

Comment

Working...
                      X