No announcement yet.

Russbo Thailand School: Russboasia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be careful about these "yearly" rates that schools advertise. Most of the Chinese schools that I've looked at (and Shi De Yang's school was no exception), wanted four to eight thousand dollars for the year, and they wanted it "up front", with no opportunity for refund. You paid your money, and you had to stay.

The problem with these schools are, few people are really willing to stay for a whole year. Living conditions tend to be fairly horrible, entertainment outside of training non-existant, and teachers tend not to care. Hell, they've got your money, so there's no reason to work to keep you there.

Bad Chinese consumerism. These people are budding capitalists who don't understand the necessity of building long term customer relationships. They're more concerned with today than they are tomorrow, no doubt understandable, considering their living conditions and their history. It suits them just fine, but it doesn't really work well sometime for the customer that is paying.

Don't be misled by numbers. Caveat Emptor. Let the buyer beware.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

thanks for the info doc, i'll continue the pricing talk with you by email...

but i'd like to ask you a few questions to ask you for the board to be able to veiw:

-Is there any hard-body training involved in the tradition Shaolin gung fu training?
      -Is there a belt or ranking system in either the Shaolin or mauy Thai training?
      -Does the traditional Shaolin gung fu training include internal forms/techniques?
      -Is previous martial arts training required? (question not for myself but for a friend)
      -How much will language lessons usually cost and how often are they?

Thanks Again!

Comment

I just read that price index myself and we're talking US$$$??????

And you also structure individual client - need based packages right??? So For example Rich, if I wanted a Gongfu supmreme package w/Muay Thai training and accomodation ( nearby or in-house) and possibley a guided local tour or three , but didn't want to pay for 3 or 4 whole packages , you have someone available to negotiate on basis of extra 1/2 packages over and above at ???% of one only purachases or something right???
        There's some kosher service . :P
        Btw: Being that some of us actually need to make and stick to a budget for these things ; to allow us to facilitate said budget, what would something like that be worth per mth or 3???

Lotus
        Last edited by blooming tianshi lotus; 05-05-2005, 11:34 PM.

Comment

if I wanted a Gongfu supmreme package w/Muay Thai training and accomodation ( nearby or in-house) and possibley a guided local tour or three , but didn't want to pay for 3 or 4 whole packages
          I'm truly impressed. We knew you were a superstar, but, doing three or four whole packages at once would be quite the feat. Didn't know there were that many hours in a day.

You pick ONE. Only one.

You can adjust it accordingly also, as, even though it has a set pattern to what is done, you can add or subtract things. Diving, for instance.

You can do a Muay Thai package, and add a few gong fu lessons to it here and there.
          You can do a Gong Fu package, and add a few Muay Thai lessons to it here and there.
          The Doc Supreme gives you both in the same package.
          You can add diving, tours, etc, etc, here and there, as you desire, but the packages include some of this, to some degree.

Thought we made this clear.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Me too...

a supreme would cover that BL...
            practice wu de

Comment

Doc, currently we can buy a week or so using DD's at the LV school, which I always found interesting cause I might be moving to Arizona whenever I get my @@@ back to the states.

Could these DD things also be applied in Thailand or is that out of the question..?

thanks,

g
              ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

I'll have to update the forum market to accommodate that,which I will. Not sure if I can do it from here, but I'll work on it. Yes, we'll do something similar.

ALSO, we're working on a yearly rate.

Yes, I don't like these things, as I think a lot of Chinese schools use this concept to rape their students. But, Phuket is a much nicer place to spend a year than any of these Chinese schools, and I'm getting a tremendous amount of inquiries concerning yearly rates.

So, we'll do it. For you. More details in the russboasia section of the site, soon.

russbo.com

Comment

I give em about a 10% chance of staying a whole year.
                  practice wu de

Comment

Yes, so do I, especially in the Chinese schools. My friends who live in Dengfeng, over the years, also put it at ten percent, or less. It is the extremely rare individual that stays for one to three years in any school in Dengfeng. I've met many who have claimed that they were going to stay for "years", and basically went home in months.

It's not an easy place for a foreigner (or even a city bred Chinese) to live long term.

But, Thailand is different. And I can see people staying here for a long time, as it is easy to fall in love with (and in) this place. Which puts a whole new light on the "stay a year" phenomenon, both money wise and space wise, for us to deal with.

russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by shaolinstylee
                      Me too...

a supreme would cover that BL...

And if it had a product explaination under that part of the site, we'd all know .

Sounds good anyway.

Cheers

Comment

Some comments should just be left unsaid.

cheers

Comment

We all still love you. Especially Onesp1ng.

He REALLY does. I'm sure.

russbo.com

Comment

Let's not with the personal bs shall we.
                            Btw : I don't know where that page was last I looked, but cheers.

Comment

It's not an easy place for a foreigner (or even a city bred Chinese) to live long term.
                              China isn't an easy place for a foreigner to live, period. I think the year I was there nearly killed me....

Anyway, that's really cool about the use of dd's. I might have to take this into consideration, though my true hopes are to somehow get to sri lanka....

We all still love you. Especially Onesp1ng.

He REALLY does. I'm sure.
                              doc, are you trying to hit on my girl?

g
                              ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

If you really loved me, you'd just donate me your doc dollars!!!

Btw Doc : How are you going with that Muay Thai instructor course anyway??? Lol ....just kidding on the pressure , but for a $3000 ish , 2 mth investment ,it sounds worth reading about.
                                Is it going to be any good good on it's own is what we want to know though.... is there a prerequ in MT practice time, can you use it as a unit one module for something else later or what? ...... How does that work??

Comment

Working...
                                X