Training at Shi Xing Ming Chan Wu yuan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shi xing ming

2008/4/15/shi xing ming returns to chanwu to teach shaolin gongfu.

Comment

Great you have been to Liuzhou, Guangxi. That is where i stay. Teach the police about shaolin buddhism is a good idea. It would be perfect if you teach them to be vegetarian and to let the fish in the water.

Comment

五味令人口爽

The five tastes spoil the palate
        Excess of hunting and chasing
        Makes minds go mad

Comment

i swear, if you keep preaching like this, i'm going to out and kill a bunch of chickens. then, every time you preach, i will go kill more chickens. it will become my life's mission, to kill chickens in the name of liutangsanzang.

and it will be all your fault.
          ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Originally posted by baiwanxi View Post
            Don't you ever want to make your mind shut the hell up? I know I sure do from time to time. The only methods I know that can do that are meditation and alcohol consumption. I do too much of the later and have been trying to get away from that, or at least that's what I tell myself, so maybe a bit of sit and shut the hell up might help!

Maybe, Baiwanxi, the trick to overcoming that state of tortured mind is about that it is our own conciousness trying to get our attention to address a question we 've been asking life, so meditation works by allowing us an opportunity to ride out the thought process and not shut our mind up, but hear it out. I tend to find that when I'm working out, as it gets harder or to deeper levels, the less important things fall away from mind and I'm only left with what the real issue is and thennn in continuing to run the line of thought, maybe working harder, maybe just quietly allowing the thought to continue I can go about the all important part of running solutions to whatever the problem is. you can't get to that point if you dont hear the problem out and understand what causes it to be unresolved to the point where it iis a problem. It most likely wiiill take one out of comfort zones to whole new unfamilar terrority, but in paying every thought and riding it out until it has a soloution that doesn't feel negative or cause for upset anymore, in this way, we can find direction in life and peace inside of ourselves.
            I think it takes a whooole lot of bravery to do that. there's nothing scarier than the unsresolved fears in our own head. generally, I find that they are based i something or other that we have subconciously identified as a vulnerabilty, and that causes us to react all sorts of ways trying to run away from it, but it always wiiill be a vulnerabilty until we do resolve it. kungfu works like that. you can tell yourself to shutup about not having a kungfu defense, but does it resolve the vulnerabilty? it's still there and our conscious is very well aware of that, and we dream and have upset inside ourselves, that's just our counciousness trying to prompt us to find a solution pls, so we can restablise off the stimuli that causes the weakeness. I think weakness makes us feel nervous, and weakeness comes from the places we are vulnerable about. masking it with anger and denial is just a part of the 4 steps of grieving. denial,sadness, anger and acceptance, and we will continue to get tossed through various arts of that cycle until we get to acceptance, which imo, we ony do by finding the solution and employ it. even just at the stage where we are working on it, is the best can we do toward that, so it's all progressive increments of decreasing vulnerabity, so we gradulally feel better and are increasingly more comfortable with that issue and become more exponetially secure as we continue to resolve it.

that iis how satori works, and once you get a grip on what it is that that part of your conciousness is saying to yourself and understand the difference what is solution of that, then it's no sweat to let other thoughts play and kow that they dont come from anything to do with that, so much as that in Other ppl, so therefore, it's easy to just be at peace with the fact that they are where they are on those issues.

I remember that comment from when you first posted it.

I hope that my experience with resolving the same thing is of some use to you.

Blooming tianshi lotus.

Comment

Well onesp1ng as i try to be aware of my ignorance, i would not absolutly say killing chicken is evil. I just dont know. Yet i cannot get close to this goddamn chicken without him going away. So in a sense, yes i preach in the name of chicken and fishes. If you saw some crazy israelian army killing a children would not you go to him and preach him it is evil to kill a children?

I dont want to be the guy that meditates in silent when my heart tells me this fish and this children do not want to be killed. I have to speak, i just try to be logical. But i dont claim i know, though for the palestinian children we kind of know dont we? Or maybe Tsahal knows? Hell we are...

Comment

the problem is non-religious and non-vegetarian people will not see the chicken or fish's life as equally valuable as a human being's life. you have to first be on the same level when it comes to viewing the validity life before you can talk about what is moral or not. thats the biggest problem the animals face at this point. people can do some pretty horrible things to animals that they would not do to another human being.

Comment

as per recorded history humans appear to have always primarily lived omnivorously. now, however, you ask that we not eat fish and chicken anymore because it goes against nature and is violent.

i was actually a strict vegetarian for 7 years, for many of the reasons you've stated. i see what you're saying, but, it does make sense to make a distinction between killing humans and fish and/or chicken. not only do we see this same "violence" in other species... in order to coexist harmoniously with nature, in fact, even on the most basic level, humans have a role in maintaining environmental balance as we all occupy the same vast ecosystem. this means "give and take", death and life, and life and death.... a coalescing of parts...

i feel unhealthy as a vegetarian, and nature itself remains inherently "violent." so why should we deny our nature and/ or suffer as a result of it? ironically, fish kill each other for food, too, and this is a fact of their existence. i don't imagine they have a problem with it, though i could be mistaken.

now, from a moral perspective, how about cow or other animals? are we saying that if you can actually catch the animal with your hands, it's only then "kosher?" well then, accordingly, where would it stop and who'd set the bar? or is it just never ok to kill, even for the sake of one's own survival?

see, i don't think killing and death are to be feared....per se... and i don't think it's wrong, either. it's the thought of killing and death that does it..... and this seems to be where you're a bit unsure at the moment.

excess is the problem....
                  ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Liu,

Have you ever studied any type of biology? It's really interesting to do so because it really teaches you the finer points of why the world is the way it is.

Violence will always exist, it is what it is. We will never get away from it, and even though we can move towards that direction, we have to be realistic about this. I've seen and listened to many people like yourself, idealistic and unable to comprehend the harsh realities of the world.

I have no thought or desire to change the world. People who try to save others are those who need saving the most. The world, the Universe, doesn't need to be saved. We are specks of dust in the vastness of the Dao. There is nothing to spare, and nothing to not spare. Interconnected throughout, who should you worry about saving more, you or everyone else? Taking care of you IS taking care of the world.

You want to practice Gandhi's teaching on non-violence? Then do as he says and "be the change you want to see in the world." Live by example, and not by your words. Wuwei isn't about not doing anything, you are always doing something, but it's about just being what you are doing.
                    "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

Onesp1ng, i ll take time to think before answering you.

Fahui, it might be that violence is a part of the world. Though some monkeys are pretty non violent. For myself i just want to be non violent. It is not because israelian army or lion is violent that i have to be. I just prefer the monkey side.
                      Zen how far should compassion goes, how far should we try to help or change the world? You have a dialectical point there and i have no answer. For instance western compassion about human rights seems sometimes hypocritical as they do not observe it in their own relations with other countries.
                      Yet, you say the Universe does not need to be saved, i dont agree with that. In Europe we had the case of serbs slaughtering muslims in Yugoslavia. Should we look at our neighbor being killed without moving. Is this Gong Fu?
                      I think we need compassion and non violence. The power of non violence is not understood in our societies where so easily problems are solved using force. Again take the case of the israelian army that thinks they will solve their problems using force, even killing civilians. Nato is doing just the same in Afghanistan but will we ever kill all the Talibans? Isnt there another way?
                      Come on Fa Hui dont tell me you would let your friend being murdered without doing a thing?

Comment

Originally posted by liutangsanzang View Post
                        Nato is doing just the same in Afghanistan but will we ever kill all the Talibans? Isnt there another way?
                        UMMM, after giving this a lot of thought, in my typical compassionate save the world attitude that I am known for, um, let me think about this.

OK. No.

We have to kill them all.
                        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                        russbo.com

Comment

Kill them all? Kind of definition of a genocide. I wonder if the palestinians are not right when they say the nazis are back.

Is it reincarnation? As a french punk band says: secret services, fascist services. You wont recognize them that easy. But where are they now? Dead?
                          Last edited by liutangsanzang; 05-04-2008, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Dear onesp1ng, you talk about the cycles of life and its relation with death. Well if we consider the transformations of mother earth, most of it does not consist in killing. Minerals are 100% veg, plants 99.99%, many animals are also. In fact killing seems to be a little part of the cycle. Most transformations take place without death. A tree is absolutly non violent when it grows, it just transforms minerals, water, light, does not need to kill and gives us fruits. Trees are a good example of the cycle.

I was talking about this in India with an hindu woman and i would point that birds eat fish. She replied: you are not a bird.

What we all look for is love or non violence.Now the question is does the cat love the mouse when he kills him? And what about the cat's ignorance? Do cats have a feeling towards the suffering of other beings? I doubt it。

So do you want to have the same level of love and ignorance has a cat does?

In eating, dressing, there are two questions: suffering of animals and violence towards them.

1 Suffering. Think what you want about www.petatv.com but in it you will see many suffering animals raised for food or dressing。 Do you want to be part of this process? Do you want to buy dog's fur from skinned alive dogs in China?

2 Violence. If you catch a woman against her will, it will be called violence and you might have some legal problems. Why make a difference with fish? Why use force? Is it logical with gong fu? Laozi said that you must be weak to be strong.

You say that violence his part of the fish life. How it feels about it i dont know but i always thought fish do not have a smiling face when they are dead. And i can imagine evolution as a way to escape this cycle of killing in order to get to a cycle of love. Would you like to see your girlfriend killed by a fish?

About feeling unealthy, hindus have lived for ages as a vegetarian, and they have done not so bad. Gandhi is a good example.

Hope it gives you some insight in absolute non violence... without preaching.
                            Last edited by liutangsanzang; 05-06-2008, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Onesp1ng, i ll take time to think before answering you.

Fahui, it might be that violence is a part of the world. Though some monkeys are pretty non violent. For myself i just want to be non violent. It is not because israelian army or lion is violent that i have to be. I just prefer the monkey side.
                              Zen how far should compassion goes, how far should we try to help or change the world? You have a dialectical point there and i have no answer. For instance western compassion about human rights seems sometimes hypocritical as they do not observe it in their own relations with other countries.
                              Yet, you say the Universe does not need to be saved, i dont agree with that. In Europe we had the case of serbs slaughtering muslims in Yugoslavia. Should we look at our neighbor being killed without moving. Is this Gong Fu?
                              I think we need compassion and non violence. The power of non violence is not understood in our societies where so easily problems are solved using force. Again take the case of the israelian army that thinks they will solve their problems using force, even killing civilians. Nato is doing just the same in Afghanistan but will we ever kill all the Talibans? Isnt there another way?
                              Come on Fa Hui dont tell me you would let your friend being murdered without doing a thing?
                              That's fine that you want to be nonviolent, good. I am nonviolent myself, and I wish (although not to the extreme that you would like to be at) to maintain peace and others to maintain peace. I have no desire for violence despite my love for combat and martial arts, as hypocritical as that may sound.

I have NEVER supported the war in Iraq, against the Taliban, or any such terrorist group. In fact after the 9/11 incident, I wrote a short article on using more compassionate and mediative (not meditative, although it wouldn't hurt ) methods.

In my opinion you are preaching to choir here, and that is what is annoying. Many people on here are supportive of nonviolence but don't want to listen to some idealistic brat preach to them what they already know.
                              "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

Kill them all? Kind of definition of a genocide. I wonder if the palestinians are not right when they say the nazis are back.

Is it reincarnation? As a french punk band says: secret services, fascist services. You wont recognize them that easy. But where are they now? Dead?
                                I'm not avoiding this. I"m looking forward to this one. But getting this forum software finished is taking up my time.

I'll start a new thread in the Fugue section later. Let's try to keep the threads relevant; other people search here for information.
                                Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                                russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X