X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chan wu gongfu
    replied
    Fighting Dragons Kung Fu in the Shao Lin Temple

This website is your link to the Shaolin Temple in China. Yes, I mean THE Shaolin Temple... not a temple nearby or in another country, but the real, original Shaolin Temple in Henan, China.

Great News! Master Wang has been able to get a better deal with a hotel, so we have lowered the price to 3000 RMB (approx $475 USD)!!! That includes your hotel, food, and training for an entire month!

How is this possible? Let me tell you a brief story: Many years ago I (webmaster and kung fu Master David Woods) trained in the Northern Shaolin Academy in Jilin, China. There I studied under Shaolin Master Wang Xin Peng, a Shaolin monk. We got along great and he considered me to be a good student. We kept in touch over the years and now we are basically business partners. Master Wang's uncle was the late Shi De Qian, abbot of the Shaolin Temple. So now you see the connection?

Shaolin Master Wang is available to teach you now. One of the best things about learning from Master Wang is that he speaks English. You can stay in a hotel 5 minutes (walking) from the Shaolin Temple. Some days you will train in the hotel's training grounds, sometimes you will train in the beautiful Song mountain or other surrounding natural areas, and sometimes you will train within the Shaolin Temple itself. No matter where you are, you will be with one of the greatest fighting monks alive today, Shaolin Master Wang Xin Peng! Trust me, you will not be dissappointed!

Shaolin Master Wang will teach you from about 5:30 am until about 6:30 pm. After that you may continue to practice, learn Chinese culture and language, or just rest. You may learn weapons, qigong, taiji, and of course, Shaolin gongfu including weapons. Master Wang will teach you whatever you want.

Shaolin Master Han is also teaching with Master Wang, so you will have two instructors in Shaolin Kung Fu

shaolinmonk_gongfu@hotmail.com
    Master Wang : 0086 - ( 0 ) 13838312721
    www.traininshaolin.com

Leave a comment:

• frank
    replied
    what is it

Leave a comment:

• liutangsanzang
    replied
    Well in Guangxiao si, Guangzhou, there seem 2 b pretty decent monks who learned shaolin gongfu. Shi Jieding and Shi Fengfa r kind enough to teach me some...

These days formal meditation for some hours. I really love meditating... Feel good and calm after...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jopol
    replied
    The way I saw it regarding acupuncture was that you got a little insight to where points were located and could use this in qinna applications, but i didnt care much about that , just a reflection I made.
    Over all it takes too f***ing long to learn. )
    I just wanted a nice way to keep my body and health in better than average condition, and the above described training gives me that.

Shaolin to me is fast Tai-Chi...

/J

Leave a comment:

• Maestro
    replied
    thanks for the post

back to lfjs comment im not so sure i would go to shaolin to learn chinese medicine, i also wasnt aware chinese medicine buddhism and gung fu were the "3 treasures" of shaolin, but ok.

buddhism sure i guess, i dunno after all this crazy stuff with these monks over the years id feel strange practicing buddhism with them. gung fu/wushu sure sounds cool but anything else id rather go somewhere else if i was interested...which im not

Leave a comment:

• jopol
    replied
    Old thread , I know...

I havent been here in a while.

I just want to clarify the following for those of you who still care and wonder who this Master Wang is.

He is actually the nefue (forgive my spelling) of the late Shi de Qian, and his "School", which was actually his family home, was situated in the wang chang village. As i came there (and stayed for six months) they built a training hall connecting to the old house of Shi de Qian's, where he had his first school.

Master Wang trained with several of the "Old masters" such as his uncle of course, and SuXi.

Apart from the regular non-secretive-foreigner-gong-fu he also taught chinese and some acupuncture., although I myself rather spent time with the gongfu since it was why i was there. Laura Wang (His american wife) did teach buddhism for those who wanted, i learned the basics of entering a temple and lighting inscents and such. pretty cool, although im not much of a buddisth.

Lineage was all good and nice shaolin wise, and the cultural exchange i experianced was terrific, ecspecially spending time with his family during new year period. We also trained then.

I was however for a while somewhat dissapointed at the level of training, although we did train 6 -8 hrs a day, he was still a lazy focker.

ordinary training sessions with basics and stretching and form training, where he would show a bit of a form and then leave. He would come back and yell like a mf cuz you did it wrong. where the f**k was he to show me?

That aside it was a truly magnificant experiance over all which I will never forget, and i believe not many foreigners had this kind of insight to chinese rural life. Beats a dengfeng school by very far. I dont care that the training was not at its best, it suffised as i continued, and still do, my training at home.

They did try pretty hard to deliver a "old-shaolin-way-of-living-and-being a disciple" kind of thing, but im not sure that came across really well.

Questions? please as far as I can.

/Johnny Poulsen, Sweden

Leave a comment:

• LFJ
    replied
    Originally posted by cristi2009 View Post
    I don't understand why people wanna go to Shaolin to study traditional medicine, and buddhism.....??!! that's silly ! in my opinion...
    perhaps because they are two of shaolin's three treasures, besides gongfu, and there are some traditional masters still there that know them. of course not zhang lipeng or any of the new guys. so its difficult to find unless you know what to do.

whats silly is going to any random wushu school or finding some young "monks" who say they are abbot yongxin's disciples and seek to learn anything beyond modern wushu from them.

Leave a comment:

• Maestro
    replied
    quoting yourself now eh

Leave a comment:

• doc
    replied
    Originally posted by doc View Post
    He's spamming. He's been warned a few times and he doesn't listen.

Either he's a stupid desperate Chinese businessman trying to use these forums to veer people to his school...

Banned.
    Wow, LOL. Nailed that one.

Thanks for updating us Chris. Hope you enjoy your time there.

Leave a comment:

• cristi2009
    replied
    About Chan Wu Gong Fu School and Shi Xing Ming

Originally posted by LFJ View Post
    whoa! shi xingming got banished to hell? whats with that?
    Hi everyone !

It is my first post here, but i need to say something about Chan Wu Gong Fu School. The School is under the supervision of Shi Dexiang, and Shi Xing Ming is only the Chief Coach. The school is no longer activating in Henan, just moved to Hebei Province near Baoding Town, about 2 hours by train from Beijing.
    I am the only foreigner at this time (been here about 2 weeks). I am taking classes from Shi Xing Ming (he calls himself Master Wang), because his familly name(not monk name) is Wang.
    I am learning old traditional forms, stretching, qinna, fighting applications, as well as weapons and animal forms.
    I lived in US for six years(New York) and i has been trained by many Shaolin Masters, but i've stayed longer time with Zhang Li Peng aka Shi Xing Peng.
    Li Peng use to say to us: if you wanna be a buddhist you don't need to come to me ! you can go to one of the many Buddhist Temples in Asia...not to Shaolin ! I don't understand why people wanna go to Shaolin to study traditional medicine, and buddhism.....??!! that's silly ! in my opinion...
    any other questions feel free to ask me ! Chris

Leave a comment:

• doc
    replied
    He's a regular spammer. I've spent a lot of time deleting his posts that he's spread throughout the forums. He's been warned countless times.

**** him. I have no patience for these people anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Fa Hui
    replied
    I hope that it actually wasn't Shi Xingming. lol.

Leave a comment:

• doc
    replied
    He's spamming. He's been warned a few times and he doesn't listen.

Either he's a stupid desperate Chinese businessman trying to use these forums to veer people to his school, or he's just stupid.

Banned.

Leave a comment:

• Fa Hui
    replied
    I'm pretty sure Doc deleted your post for a reason. Plus, the guy in first vid had some shitty boxing skills.

Leave a comment:

• chan wu gongfu
    replied
    chanwugongfu

Weapons, Hand Forms, Sanda-Fighting arts and Iron Body skills, are a
    part of our daily training program, which is designed to teach
    discipline and offers the opportunity to learn and understand your
    inner-self through intense physical conditioning under traditional
    Chinese surroundings.
    Cost per day is 50 yuan which includes a shared room, 3 meals per day
    and your daily training. No minimum stay required.

Chan Wu Gong Fu Academy
    Deng Feng, Henan Province P.R.China

Phone: 86-0371-6-275-1091
    Handset :13838312721

Leave a comment:

Working...
X