Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The De Evolution of traditinal Shaolin martial arts

I guess it's finally here. This web site says it all:

Browse "Popular" to find your favorite show in the NBCUniversal family of networks on NBC.com!
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

The description on that page is kinda hilarious. I think when shaolin is reduced to guest appearances on Martha Stewart it will be officially dead.
    The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

saw a commercial for this, i thought the same thing, and i said oh thats not good, of course..others disagreed but what do they know lolo
      "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

wtf superstars of dance why da hell are the monks in superstars of dance

Comment

they arent.

Comment

yea they are

Comment

which one of them is actually a monk?

Comment

the bald ones with the robes on

Comment

shaving and dressing up is what makes one a monk?

Comment

Well, it has convinced many in the past, and apparently continues to do so...
                    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

i didnt figure those who have been around for a while would still buy it.

Comment

the point is, go tell the world the shaolin wheel demo team arent monks and watch the reaction u get. or go tell anyone on this forum yan ming is a monk and see the reaction u get lolo

in the end its oppinionated, what is real or false isnt based on anything besides what someone holds in their own heart, and people change also so...

Comment

holding monkhood in ones heart doesnt make one a real monk. there are plenty of those. like the mexican "shaolin monk" and whatever others we have now. lol

just saying... those performers arent monks, they just play ones on tv.. regardless of the reactions from people who dont know any better.

Comment

just saying... those performers arent monks, they just play ones on tv.. regardless of the reactions from people who dont know any better.
                            but isn't that the issue?

these individuals are sold to the public as monks, not actors, and anyone lacking in experience won't know the difference.

i thought that was why this was an important thing to discuss.
                            ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

But they think that they're monks. And they don't really understand what a "monk" is.

Which is part of the problem. Shaolin has evolved, partly because of financial issues, and this is one of the results.

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                              X