Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is pulling the strings of shaolin temple? Shi Yongxin or ___?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is pulling the strings of shaolin temple? Shi Yongxin or ___?

ok let me put it bluntly whoever is in charge of shaolin temple is making a heap of money this "modern means to spread buddhism" is the biggest load of BULLSHIT ive ever heard sure at $50 a ticket to watch athletes jump around is modern means of spreading buddhism what a load of shit you know and i know it second at a admission price of about 100rmb the monks are living large putting in jacoozies and having parties (being sarcrastic) trust me if shi yongxin wanted to spread buddhism he woulden't do it with athletes jumping for top dollar obviously the chinese government are behind all this those greedy bastards

lets just face it the chinese are the greediest people on earth thanks to there stupidity they will surely fall like they did when the west first invaded them.

Obviously, you haven't read my journals in the main web site from, oh, eight years ago...

LOL. If you only knew how much money.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

they rival disney!!
      "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Originally posted by thecontender View Post
        ok let me put it bluntly whoever is in charge of shaolin temple is making a heap of money this "modern means to spread buddhism" is the biggest load of BULLSHIT ive ever heard sure at $50 a ticket to watch athletes jump around is modern means of spreading buddhism what a load of shit you know and i know it second at a admission price of about 100rmb the monks are living large putting in jacoozies and having parties (being sarcrastic) trust me if shi yongxin wanted to spread buddhism he woulden't do it with athletes jumping for top dollar obviously the chinese government are behind all this those greedy bastards

lets just face it the chinese are the greediest people on earth thanks to there stupidity they will surely fall like they did when the west first invaded them.
        assuming so, so what?

Comment

Having been to the Temple itself recently, I can tell you for certain that the profit generated isn't going back into the attraction. The elevated performance area near the entrance is a mess and uses a sound system that was so crappy it was beyond belief; most of the karaoke rooms I've been to have had a better setup minus the often-mismatched-to-the-choreography accompanying soundtrack. I've a friend who's father works in a 'government' related department (so it was explained to me) inside the Shaolin grounds and they're by no means living hand to mouth. Not that I care, those Shaolin dollars are coming back my way via the pijiu; all about the guanxi.

Comment

Contender,

i dont know but i think u say some racists and hatred things. u dont seem to have a whole picture of budism in china and in the world, and to say what u say do not seem very budist

U wrote

"lets just face it the chinese are the greediest people on earth thanks to there stupidity they will surely fall like they did when the west first invaded them. "

the first rule of a tibetan bodisatva is not to belittle others or say bad about them

Peace and love

Comment

to do what the ppl in charge of shaolin temple are doing is not very buddhist either.

Comment

yes, life can either be walked with an open hand, or, a closed one...
                ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Originally posted by thecontender View Post
                  to do what the ppl in charge of shaolin temple are doing is not very buddhist either.
                  interestingly, when pointing your finger, three more are pointing back at yourself.

Comment

In guangzhou i regularly go to guangxiao si where the 6th patriarch huineng shaved his hair. There are fake shaolin monks outside the temple selling guanyin pusa, i kind of like them, i am not sure i am more budist than them and i m not sure budism is true

Comment

Originally posted by LFJ View Post
                      interestingly, when pointing your finger, three more are pointing back at yourself.
                      Yes, and what fingers some of them are...
                      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

The cost of ..

I was wondering, how much it might cost to feed, dress, take medical care of about 300 monks, to rebuilt temple halls, to arrange and carry out symposiums with national capacities of buddhism etc. , etc. Is there such a big gap tho Shaolin's "income" as presumed ..?
                        Is there anyone of us really able to judge about the financial politics of Shaolin temple?
                        Of course I would find it much better, if the temple itself i.e. Shi Yongxin would allow more transparence on this subject, but I think very few of the bigger temples in China do that, if any at all ... Well - did ever anyone go ahead and try to find out concrete numbers?

Besides (or in the middle):
                        Sometimes people, who write and judge about Shaolin temple, simply use western measures and don't care about that things in another culture might be different and that other cultures may not be minor to western culture. You cannot separate Shaolin temple from China, you cannot separate it from chinese history and not from nowadays chinese politics. So maybe it is useful to first ask some questions and maybe one day - if then it is still desired or neccessary - judge...

Amituofo

Comment

A few things.

I don't judge. I report. You judge.

Medical care was not offered in the past as far as I know. Symposia that are offered usually are offered at a price; they tend to be profitable ventures. And the mass training of foreigners, along with offering grandmaster certificates etc, appear to be "not free".

Yongxin made quite the splash back when he became abbot, when he was discovered to be driving around in an armored Mercedes Benz sedan. The big one, not the little cheap Mercedes you tend to see fake breasted California girls driving around in. And, considering the fact that in China, at that time, back when the first Porsche dealership opened in Beijing (I was there that day, by the way), the import duties were about two hundred percent.

A $125,000 dollar car in America would cost around 375,000 US dollars in China.

Not bad on an abbot's salary.

But, then again, he needed it. With a villa in Zhengzhou, another in Dengfeng, and another elsewhere (he had three at the time as I was told by many sources), good transportation was a necessity. The security was necessary because of the threats he was receiving. His security detail drove in two other cars. Not Mercedes though. You can figure out the cost. That Mercedes by the way, was the first of many vehicles in his virtual garage. A Cadillac was added later on, along with a Range Rover, among other vehicles.

There's a lot of history with this guy. Read, and learn. Keep the judgments to yourself.

russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by doc View Post
                            There's a lot of history with this guy. Read, and learn. Keep the judgments to yourself.
                            Well spoken.

Comment

To Doc !

You don’t need to put on that shoe, if it doesn’t fit you anyway. What makes you think I was talking about you? I did read your articles before and knew that you are not without interest in as well as knowledge of Shaolin and Chinese religion, culture and politics. It’s the reason why I come to see this webpage. Having read already a lot of unconcrete critics and about Shi Yongxin on many webpages, blogs etc., I am looking for concrete, detailed information.

So, concerning your report about having heard from Shi Yongxin’s three villas: do you have any concrete information about them, like the adresses of the villas, when and or how he bought them for what price etc. The same about his cars. Are there any proofs, any facts? If, for example, I want to discuss these subjects with anyone, I can only say: I read that someone heard that somebody discovered X driving in a Mercedes Sedan….

About your NON-JUDGING:
                              Think it over again.

Amituofo

To Josh X!
                              Which performances are you talking about? The ones in front of Wushuguan or the ones inside of the temple?
                              You wrote: “Not that I care, those Shaolin dollars are coming back my way via the pijiu; all about the guanxi.” What do you want to say with that?
                              I hope, that the temple does have enough money for not to “live from hand to mouth”! Otherwise it would not have been able to buy land for the project of making a museum to show the “hidden temple treasures” to the public in a secure way, a project which is constantly blocked by Dengfeng officials. Btw, also Shi Yongxins demand to take no entrance-fee for the temple on high religious festival days has been refused from the governmental side …

Amituofo

Comment

Working...
                              X