ab machines good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ab machines good or bad?

anyone got thoughts on these ab machines?

you see i was very badly injured from doing the splits and normal situps i still feel twinges, however when using an ab machine in india i could do many reps without feeling a pull on my groin. so my question is has anyone seen the new machine on the market where your raise your legs while seated and builds bottom abs upwards? has anyone got this machine and if so what do they think of it. at the moment i have 13 % body fat but would like to get this down to 8 % within 3 months. I am not working and just training to go back to china so has anyone got any suggestions on this. I am doing weights as well. I have found one annoying thing however and that is when you lose weight your skin sags, not like a 60 yr old women with tits on the plate. you see i am 5 ft 6 and weighed 11 stone while being injured when originally i was 8 half stone. now i am 9 half stone so am slowly building muscle but losing fat. would people advise to see a nutritionist or are they no good considering we now have the internet to find information? also being indian the diet is somewhat different. I have been eating chappatis and dont know how healthy this is. you see love indian food since i have been back and mom always cooks as they do but would like to hear ideas of good foods to eat. i dont want to diet but i do want to lose weight. i know people will say you have to diet to lose weight, but been thinking if i carry on eating what i do and work out more then i will be more better off. any suggestions i would be grateful.

are they good for your back?

on a lighter note do you think back in the day in old shaolin cultures there where hypnotists? ie suggest that so called attackers would stop moving when certain words are spoken? maybe this is where myths were formed when i hear chatter on the net about a secret shaolin art of freezing opponents. say there myths but would be great if there was such an art.

There is a thread in the Doc's Hospital forum, called "The dilemma of being overweight". We discuss this whole losing weight thing, ad nauseum. You might find some helpful information in there.

As for the ab machine, a picture would be nice.

As for skin, it depends upon how fat an individual is. Skin has a remarkable propensity to shrink and expand, but, within limits.

And how many pounds is a stone?
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Comment

You British have done more to foul up the world's methods of weights and measures....

lol
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

yeah what's the story behind "stone"? it sounds like it should have something to do with cannonballs.

- zach

Comment

we have to f*** things up once every few centurys.

its what makes us british.

read the other post and sounds pretty sound advice. have you ever heard of something what is supposed to be big in canada called sweat yoga/? it is where you sit in a hot room and meditate? apparently this is a excellent way of losing a few. hmmm wish i could come up with these ideas and get people to pay.
            hope the attachment works.
            Attached Files

Comment

im thinkin she is hot too!

but about the machine,

if i attached weights at the end where my feet would be it should give me a good work out. instead of getting those moon boots to work the lower abs.

Comment

Buy it. Throw out the red thing that the babe is sitting on, and keep the bitch.

Treat her right, and she'll burn off fat and build your abs....

russbo.com

Comment

there's a better one from the same company (abdoer ) with better rom and resistnce capicity ( ps : compared to mine , her abs are are " cute " at best !!) , ( and i'm just going to ignore "boy comments ( including Docs) on it" and get straight to crux. boys and girls everywhere've envied my abs I love myself..if you have half a creative fitness inclination, the ab-doer wil be your best friend!!

pls see www.danoz.com

and count yourself happy if they're still making them!!

Comment

Anyway, raging egos aside...
                    Devices like this might help you tone your abs, but no one's going to see your abs anyway if they're under a layer of fat.
                    I used to be ab-obsessed like damn near everybody that works out seems to be, and used to do crunches till I was exhausted. Nowadays I do a little bit of ab work to strengthen my core muscles and then run outside to do forms. It's a lot more fun.

Comment

have a look at boxing bag workouts for abs.

anything that gets you moving laterally ( particularly on the diagonal )will get you there .

cheers BL

Comment

Zach, I believe 'Stone' comes roughly down from the tried and true method of torture called 'pressing' where they took some poor sap, put a board across his chest and started piling stones on the board. This could on for hours, slowly piling at their leisure until the dude simply couldn't draw enough breath to maintain consciousness. I'm fairly certain Stone derives from that torture, where they were used as weights.

Comment

how delightful.

Comment

yes.
                            like blood pudding.

Glad to see you updated to 5-0.

Comment

OK, let's go.

And a one and a two.

Common girls, pick it up.

Now switch, first to the right, then to the left.

Ready..?

Ahhh, you gotto work those pesky abs baby ...

You can do it!
                              ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Working...
                              X