No announcement yet.

kip up/somersault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must point out something here.. forcing your feet under your bottom in a V. This is how most people succeed to do this when they start to practice. But you should immediately start to work to get your feet pointing forward and closer together. It is quite possible to land in a narrow mabu or even straight legs.

the barely made it 'V feet' tactic
    1. can be very bad for your ankles and knees
    2. is incorrect speaking in contemporary wushu
    3. considering fighting applications puts you likely in harder position than if you would have stayed on your back

I think sit-ups was best advice here

Also a good bridge (if that's the correct term in english) will help. You can also practice kicking your feet sraight up and landing in a bridge instead of falling on your back when you fail.

Comment

Well, if you know how to do it...then..you know. But anyhow, I remember we used to have people stand there with their backs to a wall to practice rolling out your hips out.

Stand there. Let your hands fall to the sides.

Pop your butt out from the wall and roll away from it to the top of your shoulder blades without letting the shoulders come away too quickly. Your stomach will stick out and form a V as the back stretches and you naturally float away.

Repeat.

Now if you apply the same technique while on the floor, look to the ceiling or sky, kick as though you would someone running towards you with your heels, and then get your feet underneath, you'll be up looking cool in no time. I promise. (wink wink )

As for now, I don't really know, but I used to do them with no hands pretty effortlessly. I couldn't fall onto my back with no hands and pop back up though. And after trying ten times or so everyday it just wouldn't be fun anymore, till the next day, but i never got it.

g
      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Working...
      X