Gravity training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gravity training

Okay, I've got an idea, and I would like some feedback. After watching a Japanese cartoon, I began to wonder about the possiblity of creating a chamber which allows for the increasing of "gravity" to occur. Now in the show these chambers used to be able to increase Earth's normal gravitational pull on the individual by some 500 times or 500 G's if you will. I'm not interested in this great of increase but even if you could increase "gravity" by two times, it would be a tremendous training aid. Some of my previous ideas including setting up a centerfuge type setting in which the room would be spun at a tremendous speed. This is highly unpractical and would be of an immense cost to any company that tried to build it. My newest idea, I got from thinking about an MIR I had when I was younger. They told me to leave all metallic items behind because of the magnetic field. Is that because all the items would have flown towards and stuck to the machine? If that is the cause(which I'm not sure if it is), then why not build a room with an electromagnet under the floor and wear a suit of some kind that would be drawn towards it. Possibly a simple workout outfit with some metal straps worn sewn into the lining. The reason I find the idea of increasing gravity interesting is because in essence you could train yourself hard inside and when you left the room and returned to normal gravity, your muscles would be used to the extra weight. Expecting this extra weight to be present your muscles would contract harder allowing for, let's say, a much higher jump. Unfortunately, I believe the adaption would soon wear off and your would have simply gained the increased benefits of resistance training. Even so, that short time could prove invaluable for elite athletes who are trying to gain an advantage. Imagine for a week your body feels like it weighs twice as much, you practice and practice till your body becomes used to the extra weight, then when you leave your body would feel that much lighter. Now for some quick questions. What would be the effect, if any, spending a week or longer in that strong of an electromagnetic field? What effects would it have on the internal organs, the blood, and the body in general? Does this seem practical? Does this idea make any sort of sense?

Why not just put on a weight vest and or ankle weights and or use some sort of resistance training, this is in facgt what you are trying to do. Weight is mass x acceleration (gravity), so you are looking toward the more difficult end of that equation to just get more weight.
    practice wu de

Comment

Actually, mass x velocity is the equation for force. Gravity is actually a fixed variable because all objects that contain mass actually have gravitional pull on every thing else that has mass. The amount of pull is dependant on how much mass the object has. Newton's law of universal gravitation is Force=the gravitational constant times Mass one x mass two divided by the distance between the two masses. Weight is mass x gravitational field strength. So if I want to increase weight....I simply add more mass or increase the gravitational pull....hmm.
      Basically, we are back at square one. Anyone else got any other ideas?
      Last edited by Wasiqi; 02-14-2003, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Hrm..

All I have to say is.... DRAGON BALLLLL ZZZZZ :P Many times i have thought about doing something the charectors on DBZ do.... going in the gravity chambre is one of them :P
        I know it has nothing to do with the forum post, but oh well

Comment

Right on DBZ...that's why I said I got the idea from a Japanese cartoon. Just trying to see if an interesting idea could be turned into reality.

Comment

F=ma
            therefore
            Weight = mass x gravity
            trust me on this one.
            Gravity is an acceleration in a vector towards the center of mass of the body exuding it.
            Velocity is distance/time vector
            speed is distance/time scalear

In physics, an object's weight , FW, is defined as the earth's gravitational force on it. The SI unit of weight is therefore the Newton. People commonly refer to the kilogram as a unit of weight, but the kilogram is a unit of mass, not weight. Note that an object's weight is not a fixed property of that object. Objects weigh more in some places than in others, depending on the local strength of gravity. It is their mass that always stays the same. A baseball pitcher who can throw a 90-mile-per-hour fastball on earth would not be able to throw any faster on the moon, because the ball's inertia would still be the same.

Now back to your original post, gravitational fields are dependent upon mass, your gravitational field is negligible however because of the relationship of your mass versus the earths. you would need to be made up of dark matter to be dense enough to vary the g around in any noticible way.
            practice wu de

Comment

Training ideas

Why don't you try going into a zero gravity chamber with loads of weight on your back train for days like that then come out of the zero gravity chamber with the weight on your back and try to compete. Then do the most amount of one-finger pushups with a cat or something on your back then compete with the cat on your head or something. Then you could try doing hopping training but with wellington boots on(and maybe a cat or something on your head.) Then try to compete but with only one shoe on your foot.

Hey it would be different from normal training and could be quite interesting.

Peace.

Comment

You're right....imagine the extra challenge of a cat clinging for dear life on my head. I do have a cat around.

Comment

Working...
                X