tornado kicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tornado kicks

I have this problem with training tornado kicks, trying to do it the more acrobatic way, you know landing on the same leg that you kick with as well.

Every time i land, my body keeps spinning.
    My foot though stays more or less on the same place.
    This way its pretty hard to keep practicing because of little injury to my enkle.

Can anyone give me some advise on training this kick?

How come u want to land on the same leg?
    Are you training for combat purposes or for wushu performance?

Comment

Forum User Michabusch,

Interesting Question

-Please defie Tornado Kick/kicks as a term

-In order to achieve complete physical balance and avoid tendon and further joint injuries from harsh movements practice Internal and External Shaolin Qi Skills based on your requirements.

EXAMPLE:

Use Eyes+YI+Breath+Muscle movent(conducted at the same time) Qi guding Union to perform the mentioned kick

P.s.:Ask anything vbmenu_register("postmenu_31126", true);

Comment

there's nothing wrong with wanting to do the 540. everyone trains for different reasons. be yourself.

i assume you are not rotating enough with your landing foot to keep up with the momentum of your upper body. your foot probably isnt landing far enough around. to correct this problem its best to practice rotating as much as you can with your lower body after the kick. try landing on both feet at the same time. this is sometimes even more difficult than landing on the kicking leg. but its safer while your trying to rotate more. then you can do the one leg. but most importantly is to get your foot rotated enough. and also try landing on the ball of your foot first to make the impact lighter on your knee, also giving you ability to move more easily off your landing spot rather than drilling into it with a flat foot. that sticks you in the ground and thats it. no more moving.

hope this helps..

Comment

Thank you so much! Really helpful info!
          Guess there`s a lot of work to be done for me

Comment

another reason you arent rotating enough could be that you arent getting sufficient airtime. one problem with this is that on the take off you sometimes bend your knees too much trying to push yourself upwards. but what that actually does is causes your leg to have more weight to push.

try not bending so much on the take off. when i realized this and just ran and jumped like normal, not trying to thinking jump! and force myself into the air by taking a deep step, then i was able to shoot into the air and sail. because my leg was able to use the muslce to launch me into the air rather than push all the weight off of it. get what i mean? take your mind off the pushing, jumping, kicking, etc. and just GO!

maybe try that too!

Comment

i'm suspecting it's an airtime issue as well. a tornado kick is ussally done with only one step. arms swing down, then go back up, and fall again. the weight of the arms fall down...for a few reasons: protection, to attack, and to bring power into your kicking leg. if you are trying do this tornado kick without landing on two feet, you need a lot of air. and you want to assure that you're not killing your air time by bringing your arms down too early. got to lift lift lift...

check out this guy doing a russian front flip. his knees barely bend, and, instead of his legs pushing the movement around, it's actally the legs popping and arms lifting upward that bring the flip together and give it height.

i think if you apply a similar concept to your tornado kick, your chances will improve. you need to run, gather the upward momentum with your arms as they lift, pop quickly, and keep lifting your arms till it comes around. when i used to flip a lot our coach used to say....wait for it... meaning wait till it happens, don't turn to quickly. you have to get the peek of your jump first...
              ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Originally posted by LFJ
                another reason you arent rotating enough could be that you arent getting sufficient airtime. one problem with this is that on the take off you sometimes bend your knees too much trying to push yourself upwards. but what that actually does is causes your leg to have more weight to push.

try not bending so much on the take off. when i realized this and just ran and jumped like normal, not trying to thinking jump! and force myself into the air by taking a deep step, then i was able to shoot into the air and sail. because my leg was able to use the muslce to launch me into the air rather than push all the weight off of it. get what i mean? take your mind off the pushing, jumping, kicking, etc. and just GO!

maybe try that too!
                Thanks man! This really help alot, right the first time I tried!

Comment

awesome news! glad it helped.

i had a feeling that might be it. its just something that has to click. took me a long time landing on my non-kicking leg before i read this about getting air in butterfly kicks and twists, then applied it to my tornado. worked the first time and i was the happiest i'd ever been. lol

Comment

When aiming to e­nhance your tornado kicks, it is crucial to prioritize the de­velopment of strength and control. Make it a point to engage in regular kickboxing practice­ while simultaneously focusing on reinforcing your core­ and leg muscles. Initiate at a slow pace­, gradually amplifying both speed and power as you progre­ss. Having the assistance of a spotter or traine­r can considerably contribute by offering valuable­ feedback. By persiste­ntly practicing these technique­s, you will soon excel in exe­cuting impressive acrobatic tornado kicks.

Comment

Working...
                    X