• Tai Ji defination

Is it the same as Tai chi ?
    http://www.blogger.com/profile/16155538

yup.

Comment

So is that the chinese wording for it?

Comment

they're just different ways of writing the same chinese word with english letters.

Comment

Taiji, Tai ji, Tai Chi, T'ai Chi, taiqi (only saw this one once)... all the same thing...
          practice wu de

Comment

Hmm, same as tai chi chuan? It's kind of interesting that the ninjustu empty hand system is called taijijustu, I think although I don't know Koguchi.

Comment

chuan means boxing, or fist... depends on the translation... tai chi means grand ultimate... so tai chi chuan is grand ultimate fist/boxing

Now, the ninjutsu is in japanese, so I have no idea.
              practice wu de

Comment

Tai Chi Chuan is the Wade/Giles Romanization, Taijiquan is the Pinyin Romanization. It's the same thing.

I am suspicious of anyone who spells it Taiqi. It may be a typo, but suspicious none the less.
                "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

I read in a book, written by Hatsumi, that some of their ninjutsu weapons came to them from Chinese. Which is interesting.

Comment

it only makes sense that with the import of chinese martial arts, some of the weapons (like nunchaku) would come along. but there are usually differences, for instance the japanese nunchaku usually has a longer chain.

Comment

Unique in this history of Japanese weapons and war tools is the Togajure ryu bisen-toh or long-handled broadsword. The huge massive blade was so heavy tht it could easily fall through the samurai armor and helmets of the times. According to legend, the Togakure ryu bisen-toh was introduced to Japanese culture by a recluse warrior who had fled his native China. This Chinese Warrior, know as Tetsujo So, in his new home on the island of Honshu, was said to have trained Yo****eru, who eascaped to a cave in Izumo (now called Totori Prefecture) after defeat at the hands of Fujiwara. Later generations of the ninja further adapted the Chinese broadsword for use wtih indigenous Japanese war tools, and the bisen-toh went on to become a specialty associated with the historical Togakure ryu ninjustu Tradition."
                      Also adopted from the Chinese war tool collection that came to the ninja of Japan at the fall of the T'an Dynasty, the ono or the battle ax was a weapon used to smash through castle gates, knock warriors off of their horses, or totally crush any attempt at combat with a lessor weapon."
                      As is true with so many other aspects of ninjustu there is a core of truth buried in the center of myth, legend, and superstition regarding the ninja's art. In reality, the kuji power principle stems from the ancient teaching of northern India and Tibet. Transported along the silk road into China over a thousand years ago, the system to undergo development until it was introduced to Japan in the years of the T'ang Dynasty.
                      This comes from "Ninjustu, History and Tradition" Dr. Masaaki Hatsumi,

Now not being a ninja, I can't verify that that the nunchaku is of chinese origin. That is why I quoted from their grandmaster's book. However the it the nunchuka, might be of okinaween origin, which from what I have heard is evolved from a rice thrasher.

Comment

these aren't really "ninja weapons". ninja clans mostly just used weapons they stole from samurai or that were left on battlefields, like broken swords and what not. you'd do better to read general budo history than ninjutsu history for information on japanese weapons, not only because that has more to do with what you're asking about, but also because such things are less obviously screwed-around-with than a lot of "ninja history" you're likely to come across.

Comment

agreennight- dont worry i dont think theres a living ninja old enough to tell you which is derived from which anyway.

Comment

Well, I have an interest in ninjustu, no not that I want to be an assasin or anything. It's just I like kitchen sink martial arts. The thing is though, you always have something to use. It could be true that they used broken swords and that is where the ninjustu sword originated. It doesn't really matter though.

I mean does it matter if are real ninja's or not? I mean there are people who work for the governments that do the same type of things. Personally, I as a general rule don't want to offend anyone I don't need too.

I saw a show where they put Stephan Hayes, a against Navy seals. They had the same mission objective. The seals went in there guns ablazing. Stephan Hayes, mean why put on the role of a camera cleaner. He enlisted another person to help him, he basically conned his way in. In real life the guy could probably have taken out both of the bodyguards, with a sharp object. Then taken out the target. I think my teacher would have done the same thing although he teaches a different system.

Any who I just thought is was an interesting side note. One of the interesting things of ninjustu is the evasion techniques. Why fight if you don't have to? Why not just leave? I mean, in the US there are some legal ramifications from fighting.

Comment

Working...
                            X