No announcement yet.

wang xiangzhai BT article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could tell by the way his body is leaning forward that he jumped off the ledge. I think that is clear.

Comment

photographs are about the worst way to try to prove something, after anectodal evidence.

shaolin monks especially seem to have no problem with deceiving people with photographs. one of my favorites is of one of the monks (i forget which one) supposedly using his fingertips to climb up a sheer cliff face. but if you look into the background, there's a manmade wall coming out of the cliff face! unless the monks have taken to building sideways walls, it's pretty obvious that they just flipped a picture vertically of a monk crawling on the ground.

Comment

I think I know what picture you are talking about. I have to look at it again.

Comment

"The techs on that website were not very good or realistic. In one he blocks the pole with his arm. In another he ducks under a pole and does the dragonfly kick to the guys face but he lowers his face to the guys foot level. where he could have easily received a kick in the face of his own. This is not how that is applied. There couldn't be any power in that kick, nor is it real kung fu.
          I can't imagine why he is so respected. Not dissing on him just telling the truth"

so the techniques arent good or realistic, its not good kung fu either? so when are you going to enlighten us on bagua techniques and there effectiveness?

anyway, i dont care for petty arguements, so whatever, mortal you think blocking a staff is some grave mistake, you must be pretty weak then lololo

i brought sifu grados into the discussion because i thought it would be funny(to me) in reality i really dont care who would beat who concerning anyone really

because my sifu could beat up all your sifus!!! there, am i 15 yet? cause i wish i was!!
          "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Originally posted by Maestro
            anyway, i dont care for petty arguements, so whatever, mortal you think blocking a staff is some grave mistake, you must be pretty weak then lololo
            hmm...

Comment

lolo In my school we block the whipchain with our face. Than step in and do 30 different chop combos.

You are correct. I wouldn't block a staff with my arm. I am not that tuff.

Comment

dragonfly kick
                Which kick is this?
                practice wu de

Comment

A dragonfly kick is when you lift your heel to kick someone who is behind you in the balls.

Or when you want to come in with a hand tech then hook the foot and lift your heel up behind you to help take someone down.

The way it is used in that link is for the movies. I have actually seen it in many movies.

You can't judge someone off of one move on a web site but it sure makes me question the training.

To each his own I guess.

Comment

a dragon fly kick eh, sounds like a leg throw to me

either way i just watched apps again, when he applies that kick he is on the outdoor gate and his opponent was fully commited into the swing, if he applied the kick, he could have easily gotten the move off as displayed in the slideshow..

its not something youd do everytime its just one technique, he also has bagua broadsword vs staff etc i think he just wanted to show some different ones because his webring has lots of videos of his apps, not slideshows but videos, so he probably puts those there because they are different

either way, people do fight differently, a bagua prac walks in circles all day, its not hard for them to get on your outside

and about the flying monk pic, he could have jumped off but hes doing a boss kick, and you always lean forward on boss kick cuase it usually turns into front snap
                    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Working...
                    X