Anyone got info on baji?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got info on baji?

I've decided I only have about another year left in Taiwan so my shifu has said that we basically have time for two things. He wants to teach me the yang form again, (which I've learned two other ways in the past) and then, from what I catch from his pronunciation, baji.. (not sure if he's said baji chuan or baji shi) He only mentioned it once or twice.

If we had more time he says that perhaps we could move to chen style, but my body needs to be correct and he feels the best way to get there is to first understand the movement in the yang style form, progress to a baji, and then.....see what happens.

Anyone know anything about baji? It's the first time I've come across it. Seems to use a lot of very loose elbow strikes, etc.., with explosive stomping, snatching, twists, drops, and kicks. Various qigong exercises, like the baduanjin and the wuqinxi, he wants me to work on quite often. Then there're a few others, but he says that when I start baji I can just forget about them, that the additional ones are simply to help me prepare for baji.

Any info is good info... Thanks!!

g
    ZhongwenMovies.com

Well, all I have to say is, if you say it like, "Bah Jee" it sounds like Cantonese meaning "to hog"

like, "Mo ba ji sai!"

"Don't hog it all!"

-end of useless info-
    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Bajiquan has a loyal following here in Japan. I'm impressed with both the art and its practitioners. In the realm of Chinese martial arts, it's sometimes lumped together with internal arts such as taiji and xingyi. In my opinion, baji strikes a great balance between hard and soft. There also seems to be a preponderance of baji practitioners willing to put their skills to the test with full-contact sanda matches. More practitioners of internal arts should follow suit, I think.
      -Jesse Pasleytm
      "How do I know? Because my sensei told me!"

Comment

Baji chuan is usually considered a Omei style I believe. There are a couple teachers here in the US...

I'm going to email a friend to post about it here.
        practice wu de

Comment

Good websites:

สมัครมวยเว็บตรง แนะนำเว็บแทงมวย หลากหลายแหล่งมากมาย ที่ดีที่สุดในตอนนี้ ทันสมัย รวดเร็ว ปลอดภัย ไม่มีความยุ่งยาก ได้เงินชัวร์จากผู้ใช้จริง

and

practice wu de

Comment

Well guys, thanks for the info. I see there're a bunch of websites with different things about baji, but was kind of wondering if anyone here practiced it before or could tell me some details of personal experience. Maybe I should think of some clearer questions, too.

shaolinstylee, what is "Omei style?" Of course it be great if your friend has anything new to share.

be well,

g
            ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

I might have been wrong on the Omei thing...

There are three locations that have both Holy and Martial Arts Ties in China that are considered sort of springs for martial arts. Shaolin, Wudan, and Omei... I always thought Baji was an Omei style, but I think it all just depends on the lineage...
              practice wu de

Comment

So, this is interesting. I wasn't aware of omei styles. Can you name some others.?

thanks,

g
                ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Omei is in the sichuan province...

Baji and pigua are the ones I've heard of the most, there is a snake style from there oh, and 36 Elbows or something like that...

practice wu de

Comment

Baqua sounds interesting...
                    "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

Comment

Bagua is cool. I wouldnt recommend it for younger practitioners, but its really an awesome fighting art.

Comment

Why not? But is Baqua or Baji the same thing or is it a different pronounication? Personally, I like Tai chi. I like the breathing exercises.
                        "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

Comment

No it's not the same thing..
                          ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Because Bagua is, generally, a very to the point, non-bull**** MA. and i think, honestly, many people who tain in Chinese MA tell themselves thay want a to the point, non-BS MA when they dont really. I have a bit of background in Gao style, and i think that if i were younger, i would have ditched it and gone to train something more aerobic and flashy.
                            But hey, i cant speak for everyone.

Comment

Working...
                            X