No announcement yet.

Is Tai Chi a trick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tai Chi will gentle violent people. And not through mental persuasion as someone else suggested.
    how then? i'm curious.
    ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

there is a form called the eight ornamental sections,and the 5th and 6th movements go by the name of "winding the single pulley" it is desribed "

bend the head, move the left shoulder 36 times, then the right 36 times.

6 is winding the doublepulley, described;

"move the two shoulders like pendulums 36 times.bend the head, move the shoulders, think the fire from the dantien upwards by the double pass [one of the acupuncture apertures in the back] tom the brain, the nose omtroducing pure air, then close for a brief period and extend the feet."

xscuse spelling imjust toodamnlazyrightnow.

in tai chi, "reeling" movements usually involve using the shoulder the hip and the legs combined to create a wave like energy and a whiplike strike.

the first is an excellent informative article about stuff that most people just dont understand about internal martial arts.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.taoistsanctuary.org/pictures/cb2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.taoistsanctuary.org/newsite/photogallery/chenbing2005.htm&h=933&w=700&sz=168&hl=en&start=5& tbnid=-2TtCJ8vX9vVmM:&tbnh=147&tbnw=110&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsilk%2Breeling%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den %26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26channel%3Ds%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-USfficial%26sa%3DG
      Last edited by master splinter; 01-29-2007, 07:51 PM.
      "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Originally posted by zachsan
        So moving back to the thrust of your argument, Happeh, you answered both of my questions by saying it's "energy". There a reels of energy on either side of the body, and there's energy (or "force") that moves down through your body when you stand up. OK.

But can you see how you're just substituting words again?
        What I see is someone who does not know very much and is extremely rude.

Energy is just a word? Energy is not just a word. Energy is a word that describes something in physics. There is an entire intellectual discipline that deals with energy.

It is you, locked up in that small brain of yours with very little experience, that believes that "energy" is a word that is tossed around by new agers or quacks.

Can you understand that? It is you, your small brain, and your lack of education that is the problem. That is not persona nastiness or hurtfullness like you do. I am factually saying that I would bet money you have a small brain and head and I bet you have none or very little knowledge of physics.

Grow up and accept your limitations. Stop saying nasty things about others because of your failings.

Concerning the reels, you went from just general reels to reels of energy... but we still don't know anything about that energy, because it's not a physical thing, presumably it can't be measured. In terms of the ejaculation thing, you went from "something else" to energy to force. Usually when people switch words around like this they're trying to lend something the appearance of credibility.
        "It is not a physical thing". YOU ARE UNEDUCATED!!!! GET AN EDUCATION.

What is heat? Heat is energy. Can you feel heat. Of course you can. Therefore heat is a physical thing. Since heat is energy, energy is also a physical thing.

Energy is something that can produce a physical effect. You cannot see the microwaves in your microwave oven, but microwave energy cooks your food.

But there is something you're trying to say here. So obviously, since I don't think you're lying, I guess you're describing a feeling you have. But it's just as obvious that you see it as much more than just a feeling. In fact, you see it as superior to the information to be obtained from both Shaolin and anatomy books. I guess my question is, how did you come about this knowledge? And what is it that makes that source more reliable than basically anything else, the scientific method included?
        Oh lord. "Prove to me that someone important, someone I respect more than you, told you this stuff you want me to beleve".

I don't work on authority or dominance. I work on intelligence. I don't tell people to believe me because I am rich and I import shaolin monks from china to teach me.

I work by explaining what is going on, and trying to help the person learn for themselves what is happening.

Honestly? If you are the kind of person that is incapable of learning, I would cut you loose. That is a very hard thing for me to say.

My instructors were arrogant. If they had a student they did not think was any good, they would get rid of them. They did not bend over backwards, listen to the student talk shit for hours on end, then patiently try again to teach them.

If someone publically challanged or bellited the instructors out of stupidity, or the person was just plain brain ded, they were gone. That was it.

You really ought to think of that the next time you meet a new person and begin spewing. If they are good, they will listen to you spew for a minute or so, then write you off as impossible and walk away from you.

And there are no second chances with these people. Once they judge you, you are judged. Don't bother coming back begging to learn again. They kick you out cause you can't do it, that is it. You lost that one chance in a million you were lucky enough to have.

Comment

Originally posted by onesp1ng
          how then? i'm curious.

The practice of Tai Chi will change the brain and body so that the person becomes more woman like. Woman like in the sense that they can absorb things. LIke a woman absorbing a penis.

Where before, if someone said "Go to hell", the person would explode and do this or that, after they take Tai Chi, when someone says "Go To Hell!", they absorb it and don't do anything.

These are actual physical changes in the body that cause changes to the personality and mentality. This is not psychological brainwashing.

Comment

LOL... I haven't seen such a combination of self-importance and obliviousness for a while.

What I see is someone who does not know very much and is extremely rude. Energy is just a word? Energy is not just a word. Energy is a word that describes something in physics. There is an entire intellectual discipline that deals with energy. It is you, locked up in that small brain of yours with very little experience, that believes that "energy" is a word that is tossed around by new agers or quacks. Can you understand that? It is you, your small brain, and your lack of education that is the problem. That is not persona nastiness or hurtfullness like you do. I am factually saying that I would bet money you have a small brain and head and I bet you have none or very little knowledge of physics. Grow up and accept your limitations. Stop saying nasty things about others because of your failings.
            For the convenience of our readers, I'll translate:

"I have no answer to your question, but I do know this: You're a big meanie! Just stop, OK? Stop!!"

"It is not a physical thing". YOU ARE UNEDUCATED!!!! GET AN EDUCATION. What is heat? Heat is energy. Can you feel heat. Of course you can. Therefore heat is a physical thing. Since heat is energy, energy is also a physical thing. Energy is something that can produce a physical effect. You cannot see the microwaves in your microwave oven, but microwave energy cooks your food.
            Heat can be measured. Microwaves can be measured. Your "energy" cannot. And please stop whining, it's unbecoming of a man of your infinite wisdom.

Oh lord. "Prove to me that someone important, someone I respect more than you, told you this stuff you want me to beleve". I don't work on authority or dominance. I work on intelligence. I don't tell people to believe me because I am rich and I import shaolin monks from china to teach me. I work by explaining what is going on, and trying to help the person learn for themselves what is happening. Honestly? If you are the kind of person that is incapable of learning, I would cut you loose. That is a very hard thing for me to say. My instructors were arrogant. If they had a student they did not think was any good, they would get rid of them. They did not bend over backwards, listen to the student talk shit for hours on end, then patiently try again to teach them. If someone publically challanged or bellited the instructors out of stupidity, or the person was just plain brain ded, they were gone. That was it. You really ought to think of that the next time you meet a new person and begin spewing. If they are good, they will listen to you spew for a minute or so, then write you off as impossible and walk away from you. And there are no second chances with these people. Once they judge you, you are judged. Don't bother coming back begging to learn again. They kick you out cause you can't do it, that is it. You lost that one chance in a million you were lucky enough to have.
            Time for some more translation:

Zach: "Show me how your knowledge is superior to that of the entire rest of the human race."
            Happeh: "[The usual shit about teachers, students, opening your mind, etc.] Basically I'm smart and you're stupid. And you're still just a big meanie."
            Zach: "I'm glad we could have this very enlightening discussion."

I would say sorry for being so dismissive but I'm not. Say something of worth and I'll respond in kind.

Comment

Energy can be measured, using orthodox science, energy potentials cannot.

For example, if an electron were at n=3 (The circle the electron is spinning in around the atom), and you started firing a laser beam into the electron, you would be able to recognize that it takes X amount of time / energy to increase the electron from n=3 to n=4.

However, if you only fired the laser at the electron n=3 for HALF of X, then you left to get a sandwich. When you came back, you would not be able to measure how close the n=3 electron was to n=4, without firing the laser beam at it, and waiting to see how long it takes. The amount of energy put into the electron is energy potential.

Anyway - I really like that metaphor of saying tai chi makes you more woman like, in that you can absorb energy. What an excellent way of describing it. Just as women during a state of sexual excitement, absorbs massive quantities of energy into themselvees from the universe, practicing tai chi allows the practitioner to absorb energy into themselves from the universe. Certainly being in a state of absorbtion would cause a pacifying effect on the practioner, eventually changing a violent man, into a nonviolent man. It only makes logical sense that a yang personality would empowers the yin side of their self, would in turn, become more balanced, and less prone to one-sided outbursts.

Comment

Is this supposed to be fooling anyone? Just curious.

Comment

Anyway - I really like that metaphor of saying tai chi makes you more woman like, in that you can absorb energy. What an excellent way of describing it. Just as women during a state of sexual excitement, absorbs massive quantities of energy into themselvees from the universe, practicing tai chi allows the practitioner to absorb energy into themselves from the universe. Certainly being in a state of absorbtion would cause a pacifying effect on the practioner, eventually changing a violent man, into a nonviolent man. It only makes logical sense that a yang personality would empowers the yin side of their self, would in turn, become more balanced, and less prone to one-sided outbursts.
                  I love u too...
                  ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Just as women during a state of sexual excitement, absorbs massive quantities of energy into themselvees from the universe
                    I think we just solved global warming and the energy crisis in one fell swoop! Who wants to help design a car that runs off the big O?

Comment

Nice sense of humor. That would certainly be something, wouldn't it? Of course most women would end up being stuck at home if orgasm was a requisite for transportation.

As for global warming though - it's not a man made phenomenon. The sun's putting out additional energy, which transfers electromagentically to the interior of the earth, and changes into additional heat. More heat, means the magma plumes rise closer to the surface, heating the exterior of the planet from the inside out. Change the temperature, and naturally the elegantly chaotic weather patterns of the planet will start changing.

So there is no real 'cure' for global warming, as it's not our problem to solve. As for an energy crisis, I think the real crisis are women who wouldn't be able to get anywhere with that new fangled car of yours! The girls I've known who have orgasm problems, have real attitude problems, and further difficulties with self esteem, leading to eating problems, and drug problems. I'm not making a blanket statement that using drugs [worldly substances] are a problem, but drinking alcohol and sniffing oxycontin at the same time is a problem in my book. Yes I'm talking about someone in particular, but no, it's not important. What is important, I think, is that women who have trouble orgasming, have trouble elsewhere. The chi has got to be blocked somewhere down the lines if they can't get where they're trying to go. Since women absorb energy, it only makes sense that a healthy woman would be one who absorbs energy often. If a girl doesn't cum by herself, or can't, then they're going to end up getting that energy from someplace else, or somebody else, to compensate, with or without them realizing it. I call these people 'downers.' They think they can't solve any problems by themselves, and instead seek salvation from others, and live in a state where they believe only other people can help them, even if they don't want other people's help.

It makes me sad!

Comment

Nevermind my previous statement, this guy's not Happeh.

Comment

holy shit, THERE'S TWO OF THEM!!!!

well there is one thing that they probably both have in common...GOOD DRUGS!!!
                          "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

So Doc, is happeh banned from the forums and truly banished to hell (as is standard practice with outspoken schizonphrenic forum members), where he can "teach" his "class" to BL? If not, we should look into that.

Does that feature work where other forum members can buy a person being banned to Hell? If so, Zachsan, care to start the pool? I'll donate what I have.
                            Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

He's been banned to HELL. He can play there with BL if he wants. He's only banned for thirty days. I have no problems with people acting weird, but, bust the GBO's balls, and you're outta here.

The estore has options to purchase entrance, or banning, into HELL, I think. Never really played with that. I think I set it up correctly...
                              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                              russbo.com

Comment

purchasing stuff? buying people?

What's the deal with the doc dollars? care to point me to an explanatory thread?

Comment

Working...
                                X