Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how did these other secte were created?
    martial way is mine, death one is yours
    call me last bodyguard of the lohan chuan, call me the one who will bring wu de to occident, call me, the one

Comment

The Linji school uses Fu Yu's poem?

As far as I know that is incorrect regarding Shaolin.

Just so we are clear, here is the poem:

A Seventy-character Rhyme of Genealogy for the Orthodox Caodong Sect of the Shaolin Buddhist Temple at Mt. Song

Blessed and talented, an intelligent young man will grow into
      awareness;

you are originally in a state of completion and thus apt to understand.

All around in the universe the Buddhist doctrine spreads,

we celebrate that our principle comes from the same ancestry.

The Buddhist state is pure and quiet, vast as the sea;

in the profound silence our chastity and nativeness are enhanced.

Our moral conduct will endure forever;

and our bodies are constantly firm.

The mind is a crystal clear that can light up the depth of the mountains;

and the innate character can make one bright enough

to distinguish nobility from treachery.

Faithfulness, decency and virtuousness will bring happiness and auspiciousness;

We cautiously keep in mind our original course in the crossing.

The snowy courtyard is like a teacher,

that will guide you to return to a bright road.

In pinyin:
      Fu hui zhi zi jue,

liao ben yuan ke wu

Zhou hung pu guang zong,

dao qing tong xuan zu

Qing jing zhen ru hai,

zan ji chun zhen su

De xing yong yan heng,

miao ti chang jian gu

Xin lang zhou yu shen,

xing ming jian chong zha

Zhong zhen shan xi shang,

jin zhi yuen ji du

Shui ting wei tao shi,

ying ru gui ming lu

more info on the families:
      "Arhat, I am your father..."
      -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

both linji and cao dong use the fu yu poem so ?
        call me last bodyguard of the lohan chuan, call me the one who will bring wu de to occident, call me, the one

Comment

also, Fu yu was the first abbot of the temple in the fighting monk generation, but why do we say he is from the 3 rd lineage of the abbot...fighting monk generation began agter da mo, and after da mo is Hui ke, ...how do u explain this?

Comment

No Linji does not use the Fu Yu poem. Linji uses the Linji poem. I never said that Linji uses the Fu Yu poem.
            "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

who wrote this poem?
              what about the other secte, also from a poem?

Comment

I see no one know, or no one want to answer, anyway I have anothrer question, from which secte are monk like shi guo ...

Comment

actually it's been answered.

to save you the trouble, FU YU wrote the CAO DONG poem.

Fu Yu comes well after Damo, but his lineage is the one that remains in popularity at the temple today.

Commonly there are considered to be THREE lineages- Ba Tuo, Damo's, and FU YU. It gets funky because there is overlap and then there is not overlap, with the history of Ch'an transmission. Damo made a prediction that after his 6th successor, something would happen to the way Ch'an was transmitted. And here enters Hui Neng, who put down the teachings, or had them put down, into the Platform Sutra. So this allowed the teaching to spread out and things got weird.

Fa Hui just said that Linji also uses a poem, but different. I would imagine the person who started the Linji sect is the author of that poem.

Guolin's Shaolin dharma name is Yan, so he is Cao Dong. But he was Buddhist before he came to Shaolin so he keeps his Guo Lin.
                  "Arhat, I am your father..."
                  -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

want to know more

I am confused u said that they had to go fight the lohan people, the people that protected the library, and you said damo yuan-so they had to fight the damo yuan to get into the damo yuan group or were u talking about some other group fighting and if these people had to fight all the others and become abbot gaurds would that mean they were the best fighters second only to the abbot. Also what is the style they practice like is it supposed to be the highest and safest gaurded secret-who practices it now besides that old guy in the picture. Maybe making it sound too myth like, but what do the legends say.

Comment

Working...
                    X