No announcement yet.

Number One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked training with each and everyone of them. I feel blessed that I was able to experiance these masters.

Yan ming and Hengxin never had us practice any applications. They don't matter in the first years of training. After a while you need to learn them. Yan ming honestly doesn't beleive in them and hengxin just doesnt teach them. Lipeng is all about applications. We practice them on each other in class. The applications look exactly like the form. i never knew there was so much chin na in Shaohongquan.

Yan mings class is Great for cardio. But Since you do so much in a single class you can start getting sloppy. It does hurt your ability to develop clean kung fu since your on the brink of exhaustion all the time. Yan ming doesn't really teach anything directly. You learn second hand. Sometimes from students who haven't been there for a long time. This class is mostly wushu training. Good for a base but not for higher levels.

Hengxins is great for stances and doing the forms slow with power. His class lacks in the Kicking aspects of shaolin. The movements are stiff with a lot of stop and go. His class is a mix of traditional and wushu.

Lipengs class is a mix of both cardio and technique. His movements are very snake like and strictly traditional.
    He almost moves like a western also we work with a partner on applied applications.
    His kungfu is very traditional.

Comment

Thanks, that was a good summary. I appreciate it.
      practice wu de

Comment

Your welcome, anytime.

Who do you train with?

Comment

Shirfu Christophe Clark.. I don't study Songshan Shaolin our stuff is like Dr. YJM's longfist... some of the same forms etc. A traditional chang chuan, a little shaolin, a little pao chuan, etc.
          practice wu de

Comment

Working...
          X