5 element theory and emotions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 element theory and emotions

You guys are all Shaolin guys so I know you know about 5 element theory. Part of 5 element theory says that the internal organs are associated with various emotions. The heart and happiness, the liver and anger, the kidneys and fear.

Why do the Asians believe that internal organs are associated with emotions? If you ask a western person, they will say that is some superstition. It is child's thinking and nonsense.

The Asians are not full of nonsense. The West is incompetent, egotistical and downright stupid. The internal organs are associated wtih emotions for a very concrete reason. The problem is, a person has to be familiar with their own body to be able to verify the information. Westerners have so little knowledge of their own body that they cannot feel what it is that makes Asian people believe that internal organs are connected with emotions.

There are a couple of ways to address this. The internal organs emit energy associated with emotion. Lots of people refuse to beleive in energy so that approach to the answer will likely be ineffectual.

Most people like hard factual kind of knowledge. Although what I am about to say cannot be verified by a person unless they are in touch with their body, because what I am about to say involves hard physical objects, not something ephemeral like energy, I hope it will be acceptable.
    ---------------------------

What happens when a person feels an emotion? The person will emit noises associated with the emotion. Laughter, shouting or nervousness for example. What else do people do under the influence of emotion? Their body's will change. A laughing person shakes, a shouting person is tense, a nervous person is cringing. Those are all body langauge physical reactions.

When a person feels emotion, the most usual thing that people think of is the face. A laughing person smiles, an angry person frowns, a nervous person purses their lips.

Why? Why does an emotion cause changes to the facial features of a human being? An emotion is usually thought of as a state of mind. The emotion is a transitory thought passing through the brain of the individual. Why would a transitory though change the physical appearance of the face?

A transitory thought would not and does not change the physical appearance of the face. That is childish fantasy concocted by western "scientists" who are doing nothing more than guessing.

The face changes shape because the internal organs change shape. This is hard to believe for many people.

Most people think of an internal organ as an object like a quarter or a pencil. The heart is this round thing connected by blood vessels to the rest of the body. The liver, spleen, kidneys etc are separate objects like the carburetor on a car that can be inserted or removed as needed.

That idea is so stupendously stupid that an award for stupendous stupidity should be awarded to the entire western culture for developing that fallacious idea, then basing their entire belief in medicine on that stupidity.

Each organ of the body is wrapped up and connected with the entire body. The body is composed of layers that run from head to toe. These layers touch everything in the body from head to toe. Part of these layers travel through the internal organs and part of them travel through the face and head.

When a human being experiences an emotion, the particular internal organ involved will change it's physical shape, or will change it's behavior in some way. These changes in the internal organ travel through the layers of the body to the face and head where they change the look of the face of the person experiencing the emotion.

The layers of the body traveling through the liver also travel though the head and face an a specific pattern. When this specific pattern is weakend or changed by the liver experiencing anger, then the part of those layers in the face and head will also change and weaken to produce the characteristic facial features associated with anger.
    ----------------------

None of this stuff is secret or special. It is all as plain as day once you have practicied kung fu for a certain period of time.

Energy, telepathy, chinese medicine.......all of it makes perfect logical rational sense once your body has changed so that you can experience it.

The reason you do not believe in energy or chinese medicine or telepathy is because you are not evolved or developed enough to sense or feel or understand these things.

Energy, chinese medicine, telepathy etc are not far out weird ideas that only kooks have. They are a reality that you cannot sense because you are still a child that needs to grow up.

i feel you man, its obvious if someone can get an ulcer in their stomach due to stress, emotions clearly have impact on our bodies organs

Comment

Yes, but not necessarily in the way that Chinese medicine may dictate.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

The reason you do not believe in energy or chinese medicine or telepathy is because you are not evolved or developed enough to sense or feel or understand these things.
        Haven't heard that one before. Funny how someone can say all this and then assert, with a straight face, that his audience are the egotistical ones.

I'm still interested to see your answer to my question in the Tai Chi thread.
        Last edited by zachsan; 02-02-2007, 08:28 PM.

Comment

The liver, spleen, kidneys etc are separate objects like the carburetor on a car that can be inserted or removed as needed... That idea is so stupendously stupid that an award for stupendous stupidity should be awarded to the entire western culture for developing that fallacious idea, then basing their entire belief in medicine on that stupidity.
          ...What about the fact that organs are in fact transplanted every day? Or do you deny this?

Comment

Originally posted by Happeh
            The heart and happiness, the liver and anger, the kidneys and fear.
            Originally posted by Happeh
            The face changes shape because the internal organs change shape. This is hard to believe for many people.
            Yes, hard to believe. Entertain me for a moment; so if someone had a rigid organ (in comparison to our own organs) like - let's say - an artificial heart, are you saying they would not be able to experience happiness or smile? Tom Christerson & Robert Tools might not agree with you but I'm open to hear more.

Comment

Hasn't it got a little bit cold in Hell since BTL became Eternally Damned? Couldn't they keep each other company?

(I detest condescension, its so dis-respectful)

Chicken

Comment

Originally posted by zachsan
                Haven't heard that one before. Funny how someone can say all this and then assert, with a straight face, that his audience are the egotistical ones.

I'm still interested to see your answer to my question in the Tai Chi thread.
                I regret to say I am not going to that thread. Opening it feels like opening a toilet that has not been flushed in a month.

I can deal with some negativity, but when someone starts talking all that filthy personal stuff, enough is enough.
                --------

Your question about organs? Yes they are transplanted. I do not see what your question is?
                ------------

The question about artificial organs? Yes they will affect the body. Maybe a person can still smile, but there are lots of other things that are going to happen to the body of a person who has a large gaping hole in it that is filled with unfeeling and immovable metal or plastic.

Comment

Yes...because saving lives is stupendously stupid. Happeh, I've read three of your posts in a row, and I've got to say...your ignorance is pretty impressive...especially how arrogant you are about how stupid you are. You're so lovable.
                  Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

He doesn't see my point. I guess the class isn't paying attention. I'll re-quote him and supply some emphasis and maybe he'll get it.

The liver, spleen, kidneys etc are separate objects like the carburetor on a car that can be inserted or removed as needed... That idea is so stupendously stupid that an award for stupendous stupidity should be awarded to the entire western culture for developing that fallacious idea, then basing their entire belief in medicine on that stupidity.
                    Meanwhile he's lamenting the stupidity of Western civilization over the internet. There are so many levels of irony it's just sad... although I wouldn't be surprised if he thinks the ancient Chinese possessed a far superior, psychic internet.

At least he's got an imagination. The thing about the organs changing shape would be good for a science fiction story or something. It's just a shame he's serious about it.

Comment

I think he's referring to a typical Chinese medical mentality, albeit an ignorant one, that going to a TCM doctor who listens to you for two minutes, feels your pulse, and looks at your tongue, can accurately diagnose you, and successfully treat you with teas that are made with various combinations of shit that are measured by hand. And things will get better....

(and if you die, well, so be it). I've seen it there, the concept of modern western medicine is not a far reaching one in China.

Therefore, the whole idea of keeping all of your organs, which are all connected in various physical and metaphysical ways, is a "good" one.

I think this guy not only has a little problem with English translation, but, has some very deep rooted Chinese cultural concepts.

Interesting to watch.
                      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                      russbo.com

Comment

happeh, just a warning.

you may not be a totally bad guy, but regardless...

be careful of what you believe, be careful not to stray from reality, and develope other aspects of your life. study other forms of art, become a well rounded being, this is what the masters encourage.

life is kung fu, but you are forgetting the meaning of kung fu, which is hard work. you cannot accomplish anything with any substance in kung fu unless you can apply it.

so quit talking all your shit, put up or shut up. i grow tired of this nonsensical fellow who knows nothing of true kung fu, stuck in a dream world of UN APPLIED FICTION!!!!!!!!!!!

i was there, i understand. You are at a point where you can advance no further without a proper teacher, try to teach yourself ancient arts and you will only end up hurting yourself.

meditative and trancendental arts are not completely understood or embraced by the world in general, but these practices can have drastic effects such as even rewiring your brain chemistry, one false move and you may end up a skitzo, these arts were developed over thousands of years, what do you think you can learn and create as an internet hippie?

i was a martial arts/reality theorist, and perhaps i still am. but one thing ive learned is that these arts are scientific, learned through trial and error. therefore, all philosophies i have have been tested and approved on the mat buddy, i speak from experience, and im not a plagiarizing dreamer wanna be like you

you on the other hand, are just like a sponge, soaking up bullshit and perhaps real knowledge at the same time, without the ability to seperate crap from food.

you are obviously not stupid in a mentally challenged way, but i think in more of a sociopathic schizophrenic kind of way, which is just totally freakin creeped out bud...

and you probably get most of your ideas from my previous posts on other forums.

and its not like i feel sorry for you.

but i know that people are holding back from telling you that you are one zoned out kid.
                        "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Yes 5 element theory describes the impact of emotions on the zangfu organs. No that doesnt mean transplantation is the dumbest idea ever, it is not without trauma to the body or spirit, but it can prolong life. If that is your goal.

Heart-joy (overexuberance-heart attack after winning the lottery)
                          Lung-grief (shortness of breath after crying for days on end)
                          Liver-anger (irritibility from excessive drinking, damage to liver yields anger)
                          Spleen-worry (overthinking causing loss of appetite)
                          Kidneys-fear (pediatric bed wetting with nightmares, kidney controls the lower orifices, including the bladder sphincters)

I would ask the original poster to look into the health or his/her liver.
                          Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Originally posted by LeiYunFat
                            Yes...because saving lives is stupendously stupid. Happeh, I've read three of your posts in a row, and I've got to say...your ignorance is pretty impressive...especially how arrogant you are about how stupid you are. You're so lovable.
                            What is life?

Is life an ambulatory body? One with a heart that pumps blood and legs that walk? A brain that shows electrical activity?

Or is life a mental state? Is life a collection of impressions and memories and thoughts?

Is keeping a body ambulatory keeping a person alive?

If the memories, impression and thoughts of a person are destroyed or altered, could it not be said that the person "died"? They are no longer who they were. They are a completely new personality.

Have you ever pondered the actions of people who would rather kill their physical body rather than become a slave?

Would you rather keep your heart pumping and live as a slave, or would you rather die while staying the person that you are?
                            ---------

No kung fu insight here. Just mindless knee jerk rudeness and sarcasm.

Comment

Originally posted by zachsan
                              He doesn't see my point. I guess the class isn't paying attention. I'll re-quote him and supply some emphasis and maybe he'll get it.

Meanwhile he's lamenting the stupidity of Western civilization over the internet. There are so many levels of irony it's just sad... although I wouldn't be surprised if he thinks the ancient Chinese possessed a far superior, psychic internet.

At least he's got an imagination. The thing about the organs changing shape would be good for a science fiction story or something. It's just a shame he's serious about it.
                              I hope no one minds the multiple posts. I like to give everyone personal attention so they feel their needs were taken care of. Addressing a group of people in one long posts makes it feel so impersonal. Like addressing a herd of cattle.
                              ------------

I still fail to see your point. You requote what I said and then smile proudly as if it is self evident that there is something wrong with the statement. What is it you do not like about it?

Organs changing shape....Oh lord? Why do you punish me with these guys?

Why is it outrageous an organ would change shape? An internal organ is a soft tissue object that has no real structural strength. That is why they are protected inside of the body cavity by muscles and bones.

Have you ever eaten an organ? Like a heart or a liver? If you take a heart or a liver in your hands, it is quite easy to deform their entire shape, or to deform small areas of the organ. This is gross deformation done with the hands to make a point.

It is physically possible a similar deformation could occur on a smaller scale within the human body. There is nothing mystical or magical or nonsensical about it. It is factual reality.

Go buy a piece of cows liver and play with it. Move it around, squeeze it between your fingers. The liver will move and change shape in reaction to whatever force you apply.
                              -----------

Now that the common sense is out of the way.....do you know anything about physics? Have you ever considered the concept of forces and how they interact with the world, or more specifically the human body? Do you know anything about how materials react to forces? Say, concrete will resist a force, but water will allow a force to pass through it in the form of waves.

Did you know the human body is mostly water?

Have you ever really thought deeply about kung fu, life, and the world around you? Or do you wait for someone to tell you what to think?

Comment

Working...
                              X