Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A brief history of Herbal Medicines

Hi
    Do you know how the herbal medications started. Here is a little run down of the history of herbal medicines for the interest of all of you:-

Medicinal plants have been used for medicinal purposes long before recorded history. For example, ancient Chinese and Egyptian papyrus writings describe medicinal plant uses. Indigenous cultures (e.g., African and Native American) used herbs in their healing rituals, while others developed traditional medical systems (e.g., Ayurveda and Traditional Chinese Medicine) in which herbal therapies were used systematically. Scientists found that people is different parts of the globe tended to use the same or similar plants for the same purposes.

In the early 19th century, when methods of chemical analysis first became available, scientists began extracting and modifying the active ingredients from plants. Later, chemists began making their own version of plant compounds, beginning the transition from raw herbs to synthetic pharmaceuticals. Over time, the use of herbal medicines declined in favor of pharmaceuticals.

Enjoy
    Tony
    Herbal Energy

Really brief, do u wish to inform or to sell?

Comment

very nice.

hi, i am new here , this is a very nice one, i am happy to be here.

Comment

Working...
      X