Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ability to project ‘killer intent’ to attack an opponent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ability to project ‘killer intent’ to attack an opponent.

Having watched a series

Mind, Body & Kick Ass Moves In the UK

There was a Japanese Master called Master Kenji Ushiro
    in this program he demonstrates a strange technique

Where he can look at his opponent this case Chris Crudelli the creator of the

Programme and by looking at him and slight body movements stopped Chris from

attacking him.

Chris mentions its like he has a overwhelming feeling Danger.

Just wondering if anyone here knows about this old technique? and how its is

applied.

[More info]

Masters | Japan

Master Ushiro
    Kenji Ushiro competed in many karate tournaments before questioning the competitive nature of karate. He then studied Okinawan Karate under Nikichi Zaha Shihan and is now a master of the Shindo-ryu style.

He is an expert in unarmed combat and has the ability to project ‘killer intent’ to attack an opponent.

Its a really good series

Chris Crudelli a Martial arts expert travels through China, Japan and the Philippines in his search for the original Masters of martial arts disciplines.
    He learns about ninja, tai qi, kung fu, dim mak and many more.
    Do or do not there is no try.

this sort of thing works by the same principle as hypnosis. lots of people perform similar feats in demonstrations all the time, such as knocking a guy out with their chi energy from 5 feet away.

anyway the principle i'm talking about is play acting. in hypnosis, the person being hypnotized wants to believe that they are really giving up conscious control of their bodies, and the hypnotist helps them act out that fantasy. for instance, in stage hypnotism, people have no problem doing the ridiculous things that hypnotists tell them to, because they can tell themselves as it's happening "it's ok, it's not really me, i'm being hypnotized".

this is what happens when you see people getting knocked out from 5 feet away by chi energy, and paralyzed by "killer intent". the volunteer wants this thing to work out the way it's supposed to, so they convince themselves that it will, and lo and behold, it does. it also doesn't hurt when the volunteer has a vested financial interest (like, say, the producer of the TV show) in seeing the trick work.

that's why the real test of these miraculous abilities is to demonstrate them in a controlled environment (which a demo for a TV show ain't). so far, no one has.

Comment

In the series Chris goes to china and hong kong and talks about the vagabond
      Men and their Martial arts displays / and how some of the displays are

tricks stunts and means of making money on the streets. Even though some of
      the displays are tricks they are performed my very skilled martial artists.

The series doesn’t really sensationalise miracle feats and stunts (Flying etc ) its
      not that kind of program.

This Sensei Master Kenji Ushiro ,,, quite a serious guy .. very karate..

He demostrates lots of very affective Traditonal Defence Techniques with his senior students and then on Chris including some nice pressure point strikes

Then goes on to demostrate this old technique.. it was very intreguing ..

Comment

all of that pressure point stuff, that's cool. projecting "killer intent" to freeze an opponent in his tracks, no matter how you slice it, that's bullshit. just as much as flying around is.

Comment

it wasnt that he freezed per say .. its just he had to backed off not want to attack, because what he was doing ...

Might be rubbish .. but you never know with some of this old stuff ..

Comment

haha, yeah you do.

anyway there's a more modern technique that has a much higher success rate, but it requires a prop. it's called, "riichu fa desukai", or, "whip out a 9mm and watch the mother****er shit his pants".

Comment

No guns aloud here .. maybe I will try a cap gun or spud gun

Comment

LoL Zach, but you know, it may be possible, if not plausable.

Comment

i've seen something like that, but it was a timing thing, with psychology, that caused a person to fall.

Comment

well those are the laws of earth, there are laws that govern the heavens as well.

Comment

zach, have you ever studied empathy??? or body language??

Comment

this has a lot to do with psychology all right. but it's the psychology of a teacher and a student, or a magician and an eager volunteer.

the psychology of a guy trying to hassle you on the street is something else entirely. he doesn't want to confirm his belief in the paranormal, or participate in a fantasy. he's going to want your cash.

anything's "possible", but i wouldn't try to rely on a trick like this in a situation like that, any more than i would rely on growing wings and flying away.

Comment

(onefocus is responding to a post i deleted that said "not according to the laws of physics, it ain't", in response to his statement "anything's possible". i deleted it because i then saw that he posted 3 more times.)

well those are the laws of earth, there are laws that govern the heavens as well.
                          that's debatable. suffice it to say that while i'm here on earth, i'm gonna follow the rules that govern the earth. because i'm in no rush to figure out exactly what the "laws of heaven" are....

Comment

cool, didn't mean to disturb you with the thought.

peace

onefocus.

Comment

Haha this is a pretty neat "technique". I'm sure it works if your trying out on the right people. It's a good trick.

It reminds me of this time I was sparring one of the black belts in karate class. He wasn't as big as I was, but he still scared the shit out of me with his looks. He had a hard piercing stare and an air of confidence that put me off balance. I thought, "this asshole knows my every move and we haven't even started yet." He wiped the floor with me, but only because he managed to freak me out before the match.

This trick kind of reminds me of kiaijutsu.

Comment

Working...
                              X