• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Forms and Secrets of Shaolin

Hello, All:

Throughout the course of history, the Song Shan Shaolin temple
    has been destroyed on a number of occasions. Were there secrets and
    kun fu forms lost because of these? Are current monks trying to recover any
    of them if there were lost secrets and forms? Are new kung fu forms being created?
    Or am I just bringing up a nauseating topic?

I am just curious.

Butch (a newly registered member)

yes

Comment

Kronos is one of the more detailed, intricate and verbose members of the russbo.com forum. We always enjoy hearing his word of wisdom.

It's been written about, throughout the site. In many places actually.

You've got a lot of reading to do. Now get the hell out of church and start doing something useful with your life.

Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

i have read that "Shaolin" was destroyed many times , and every times the surviving monks transmit their knowledge & secrets , mao ze dong destroy it and "kill" the monks , so who were the surviving monks , martial arts can't be learn only by books....so the lineage was broken, so why the new monks are from the 32nd generation......i think secret's are lost...

Comment

Didn't I write about the "lost books" from 1928 somewhere? I thought I had. I'll have to look for that.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

the lineage was not broken.

there were monks surviving from pre 1920s warlord attacks who passed on their knowledge.

Secrets are always lost, by their nature, they are easily susceptible to time.

Not as well written as Kronos, but he is an elder God if not on this forum, and he eats his kids too...so cut me some slack...
            "Arhat, I am your father..."
            -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Ahh, I remember. Read in here: School / Lineage. Just one transmission venue.

russbo.com

Comment

um only some of the monks where killed so got away so there hahahaha
                lil monk

Comment

Working...
                X