shi su goong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shi su goong

hi doc i was reading the story of shi su goong,amazing!!!!is he alive?can you talk more about him.

thank you
    son of the light

Well, the last time I saw him was in Shaolin last summer, in August. And yes, he was alive.

Amazing.

That qi gong must be doing something for him.

Some things have changed with him. He's no longer interested in practicing or teaching chin na, which, in my mind, is an absolute shame. When it comes to chin na, he's the bomb. Nobody else there comes close. He's now more interested in teaching and training in tai ji. I believe, Chen style. In fact, if you walk around the wushu guan, you can find him sometimes just drifting around, practicing this and that. But the chin na is just not something that he seems to do anymore. He still teaches gong fu at the wushu guan, but from what I've seen, he also doesn't seem to interested in that anymore either.

What hasn't changed is his health habits. He is still smoking, and heavily. He's in his fifties I think, but he looks much older. He has an interesting chain smoking habit that I haven't seen in all of my years of medical practice: he takes the filter off of the end of his almost finished cigarette, and sticks it onto the end of a new one. Great way of getting all the nasty chemicals and **** that tends to eventually inhabit the end of an almost finished cigarette. His addiction is nasty. Well, always has been, but now, it seems to be a lot worse. Skin and teeth changes are grossly evident. I can't imagine what his lungs look like.

Regardless of what he can break with his over calcified skull, I fear that his smoking habit will eventually do him in. There's only so much that qi gong is going to do to protect one's health.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Hey Doc

How is Shi Su Goong doing these days?

Did he ever pass all his Chin Na knowledge on to anyone?

Comment

I have no idea. I may know soon though, there may be an unexpected trip to Shaolin coming up for me.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

maybe he's submitting his body to qigong tests on heavy smokers.

... a qigong master and a heavy smoker.

Comment

hmm, maybe i should take up smoking to supplement my chi gung, or vice versa...
            "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Hi Doc
              Did you ever end up making that trip to China?

Comment

I did. Went to Shaolin in March 2008 (and I think there was one before that in 2007, that post was well over a year ago). I did not see him this past trip, was too busy with the Discovery Channel people, though I did look for him. I think I saw him the trip before though. Nothing had changed.

Not sure if he's still alive at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't; he did smoke very heavily, and he is getting up there in the years. I may be going back within the next few months, I'll look for him.

russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by master splinter View Post
                  hmm, maybe i should take up smoking to supplement my chi gung, or vice versa...

you know, so far I've spoken to both my chemistry professor and my 2 physiology professors about this ( one in sport and exercise , one in nuerology) and if you add enough oxygen to these chemicals, which I mostly do with orange juice and extra iron plus acetates and/or ethyl combinations, which does awwwesome things physiologocally for nueral function btw, they turn into water.. like the stuff that makes up more than 60 % of our bodies and our cells and tissue need to live, and further, and yes they are professors if you didn't catch it the first time, inn medical sciences. Do you know that heat , the type caused via renal diathermy where kidneys heat up in a little burst of 1 degree with each puff, helps to run cells to the same depletion , particularly after elimination, like from sweat or peeing etc, as is scientifically consistant with deep respiratory function as in for qigong which dictates small increments of cellular waste CO2 removal and fluid elimination as pat of that?
                  not to say I told you all so, but, I really did tell you allll so yrs ago.

Doc, if you go, pictures pictures pictures. pls. I've really been spending some good time in the picture library lately, and it's just amazing in there. To really take it all in and know that youu personally did most of those travels, is very cool. that's quite a bit of terrority.

Blooming tianshi lotus.

Comment

i was just kidding.
                    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Working...
                    X