Finally Joined Guolin's school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Joined Guolin's school

I finally joined the shaolin overseas headquarters. I look forward to the hard training there.

Amithaba
    Amithaba

Glad to hear you signed up. Its a great workout and you'll meet some real nice people. Did Guolin Shifu ever bring over another monk? The last time I was there he was going through all the INS paperwork. Good luck with your training. How did your legs feel after your first class?
    -Ted

PM me if you want to talk offline.

Comment

Hey Ted,

Shifu did bring over the other monk, I haven't asked his name yet. He is teaching the kids, beginner, and intermediate classes. The training is unbelievable. I have some experience in Shaolin kungfu but I've been slacking off for a while so right after class I was really sore. Also there are 2 other monks at the temple there besides Guolin and the new monk, you have any idea who they are?
      Amithaba

Comment

Good luck, train hard, and have fun
        practice wu de

Comment

Hey thanx Shaolinstylee.
          Amithaba

Comment

Premier-

Like I've said, I haven't been to the temple in quite a few years so I'm sure a lot has changed. Guolin Shifu always had other monks there performing/assisting with buddhist services. When you say there are a few other monks there, your not referring to Justin and Jamel as monks right? Anyway good luck with your training and hopefully I'll get back there soon.

-Ted

Comment

Hey Ted,

Ah ok I wasn't quite sure if they were other monks from Shaolin and no I wasn't referring to Justin and Jamal. They both have their own schools I believe. Where are you now Ted?
              Amithaba

Comment

Been real busy with work and family stuff. I just havent had the time to continue my training. I'll get back to it someday when things settle down.

Comment

Ah I understand. I look forward to training with you someday.
                  Amithaba

Comment

everything is different now.

congratulations.
                    "Arhat, I am your father..."
                    -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Arhat,

What do you mena everything is different now? Have you trained there?

Comment

What I mean is that, even though I may have strong disagreements with Guolin philosophically, he still represents an aspect of Shaolin gong fu and people are lucky to be exposed to that...you have to take the step, one might not be a fan of his lineage, his jumping from master to master, or whatever, but now this person is on the footsteps of a long hallway, and once you start walking in that hallway, looking in the doors...things are different. You're close to making it. Guolin, like the other monks and some who are just disciples, opens the door to just such a hallway.
                        "Arhat, I am your father..."
                        -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Arhat,

Why such "strong disagreements"? Everyone knows Guolin and Yanmings philosophies/actions are like night and day. What do you mean jumping from master to master? Isn't his master yongxin? I don't want to start a long monk bashing thread so pm me if you'd like.

Comment

Well, you have to remember that Guolin became Yongxin's disciple long before it was in "vogue" to become Yongxin's disciple. So, you have to grant him that. And as for changing masters, who said he changed them? He moved from one temple to another, for reasons that are unknown to us.
                            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                            russbo.com

Comment

Don't most monks/priests (shaolin or whatever) move from temple to temple. Isn't that how they spread the dharma? I know I dont like going to the same "church" all the time and seeing the same girls..... opps I mean the same alter... :-) Just kidding..... Isn't that what they do? As far as I know Guolins master is yongxin and has been that way for a long time. He's not Damasco and Mattera. Are you saying that yongxin is the only person that Guolin can learn from? Arhat, I'm just not sure what your getting at with that statement.

I don't understand why there are so many little feuds between all the us based monks and there students. No one is better then the other. They're all so very different IMHO. Can't we all just get along!!!!!

Anyone going to Li peng's tournament

Comment

Working...
                              X