No announcement yet.

WHAT WOMEN WANT IN MEN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always buy drinks for the ladies, or, at least, offer, even though I myself don't drink. That's the best way to hear their stories, which is what I find most entertaining. I could write a book about their stories.

Eleven years RJ, I'm impressed. You're doing something right. Lately, a relationship of eleven days has been quite the accomplishment for me. You are to be congratulated and elevated in the eyes of all of us. In our new school, which we're building out now, we just might have to have a statue of you.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Doc's Confessions from the Choir: A Church Goers Guide.
      Sounds like a best seller to me!

As for the erection of my statue: please, nothing too ostentatious.

Comment

lol.............

I just found this thread and you guys amuse me. Talk about over thinking !! And women are supposed to be the complicated ones??? Right on guys..and you say at time of posting most of you here were single right
        ..... really though , we just want someone to play with, get out of our way occassionally, talk with ( about something that makes sense ), share an interest or several and someone to have sex with between shifts ( and if you do hot, sweaty , slow, passionate, and delicious sumptuosity on different occasions , it might help somewhat). ...... and above all , we need to think you're someone we're going to want to do all that with for many more days. And failing that, we're good on our own .

Doc, your comment about men and women in relationships prostituting???? It doesn't have to be like that all. If you're looking for a co-dependancy thing though, where one or both of you sells out for the sex or company, no doubt you'll find it. Some us just want someone we can stand to see every day while we pursue our own lives ( and enjoy seeing most of those days) and nothing more. ...except the sex ( which we only want pending the rest. Funny how you men get these crazy ideas though
        ( ps: sometimes we'll just humour you anyway )

cheers

Blooming Lotus

Comment

lol. rule number one of trying to figure out what women are thinking: don't ask a woman.

but seriously, there's nothing to think about when it comes to women. if you find yourself thinking too much about it then you need to go out and get wasted, or take a cold shower, or something. go out to where people, music and alcohol are, and if you relax, something is bound to happen. hopefully you'll remember what that was in the morning.

Comment

And it helps not to mention to women that you own all of the Lord of the Rings action figures.
            Nor does it impress most women to invite them to join you and your friends for a rousing game of Dungeons and Dragons.
            Although the number of female gamers is growing...

Comment

I couldn't care less about what women think about me collecting Mighty Max, worshipping Digimon, playing Magic-cards, and eargerly watching Turtles with great awe.

I choose what I do for myself, and for no one else. It's nice if they like me as I am, doing the things I value... but trying to alter your projected beliefs and signals to fit a personality which is not in conformity with your real personality is just plain bull.
              There's always someone of the opposite sex equally insane who will cross your path.... right?

Comment

Originally posted by Asger
                It's nice if they like me as I am, doing the things I value... but trying to alter your projected beliefs and signals to fit a personality which is not in conformity with your real personality is just plain bull.
                what's your "real" personality? if your real personality is one that wants to get some ass, then by all means, do what it takes to satisfy it.

but anyway, it's not even that complicated. most women don't give a **** about your hobbies. just relax. if things are going well you won't have to talk about yourself much anyway. if they're not, well, you're under no obligation to stick around.

by the time things progress to the point where you're sharing details about your life to a girl, she'll probably find something like that endearing, anyway.

Comment

"And it helps not to mention to women that you own all of the Lord of the Rings action figures.
                  Nor does it impress most women to invite them to join you and your friends for a rousing game of Dungeons and Dragons.
                  Although the number of female gamers is growing..."

lolol That is great!!! lololl

The fact that we are all a bunch of kungfu nerds certainly doesn't help either.

Comment

It's all true. These things are very endearing. In fact, I met the biggest geek I have ever encountered just months back and he was sexy as hell ( and he opened discussions talking about freaking taisers would you believe lol... yap, very endearing ). And you can't have your collections unless you shamelessly declare your love for them and let us smile bemusedly as you prattle about them. You'd be surprised what passes for sexy these days

Blooming Tianshi Lotus

Comment

"what's your "real" personality?"

zach, I knew someone was going to ask this question. When are you really being yourself? When you are finished acting in front of people, and get some time by yourself, you are not necessarily being yourself.

I think you are what the decisions you take make you. You are what you choose to be... leaving the "true self" empty as hell..

Comment

i agree. so making an effort to "be yourself", or even making an effort not to act, at a time when acting would come naturally, is a bit contradictory, don't you think? but to make a blanket statement to reconcile this, like, "don't make any effort at all", would be to change your basic method of interaction and thus constitute an effort in and of itself! which you can't unequivocally say is a bad thing!!

who cares? certainly not women.

Comment

An effort must be shown, but not evident.
                          practice wu de

Comment

budong.

effort is a part of life and for some of us a natural or a programmed ( subsequentially now subconcious) phenomena that comes instinctually . It's where you put your effort that counts, and Zachsan, .......... we care and we notice............ we 're just too polite or caught up in our lack of judgement or own efforts ( pls see glass houses and throwing stones ( like judgement ) ) to say so.

Blooming Lotus

Comment

see, if this were a conversation with a girl at a bar, one should reply, "exactly! and..." and continue in the philosophical vein, gradually turning the conversation towards sex.

but seriously, women care about and notice just about everything from what shoes a guy's wearing to how he sits on a barstool. i suppose my point is, knowing that doesn't help a guy, because how they will react to what is anyone's guess. and worrying about it either drives women away or makes you miserable anyway. again, my three-point plan:

1. relax
                              2. get drunk
                              3. see what happens

Comment

and the best apparent response to that is to tell you it sounds good and commence drinking getting cuter and sexier at the bottom of each glass, accepting your advances while admantly agreeing that apathy is almost definately the way to go .

YOu're right though, worrying about , having you fuss all over the place turning aires and graces( or putting on your game face ) isn't really going to win you long term points, because if we like you and want you around for a bit, that's eventually going to be hard to maintain and will drive you away from the stoopid falsely based relationship you thought you were cultivating anyway, and us away from you as you , despite best efforts, let show a whole other "real" you that was or wasn't better than what you were trying to sell in the first place.

Real men and people are okay and when it comes down to it, to be frank, we don't even care if you're not hitting the the top 10 most georgous men in the world list or even if you just get all comfortable on us and actually relax and grow into yourself in our presence ......... an act is an act and honestly you men, the real you is often just better anyway ........better the devil you know right ??/...at least then you can accept and accept it.......... everyone has little quirks an traits and often , they're the bits that make or break it. What dikky trait, hobby, habit or belief one babe 'll break up with you for , is the exact thing that another 'll stay for.
                                Complicated stuff, so best not to think about it at all and just enjoy being yourself. There's an innocent appeal in being comfortable acting as you are no matter how hard or geeky , sincerely earnest / crankily but proudly as*holed ( intolerant and tired ) (and we really will allow you to be human on occassion ) or otherwise , and that boys, like or not, is more often than not, as sexy as hell ! You'd think it was the glam, but really , we just want to hang out with a real person.

blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Working...
                                X