No announcement yet.

the USA drops the women's rights in Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but sacha, that is only one interpretation of muslim law, and there are many others. Mine does not say that. There are many, many muslims who have also studied the traditional sources and are trying to get rid of all these sexist and oppressive regulations created by men so they can hold on to their power. If you are in france try reading some articles by tariq ramadan and there are also many others trying to make Islam grow from those bad times.

Also regarding the woman thing - that happens in Saudi but nowhere else as far as i am aware? Only extreme factions. They say she must be accompanied by a male relative for her "safety" - yet even the youngest wife of the Prophet Muhammad after he died went in to war and she has no relatives with her, only hundreds of other fighters. So they take one idea and use it to oppress the women. It makes me so mad

dave
    simple and natural is my method,
    true and sincere is my principle --Tse Sigung

Comment

but sacha, that is only one interpretation of muslim law,
      Exactly my point. Again, I reiterate, religion should be religion, law should be law.

Granted, our laws in the US are based upon certain morals and standards, though they've never been directly from our religions here.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

though they've never been directly from our religions here.
        but most of them are very closely tied.. look at the whole abortion thing in the US. There are a lot of examples.. there is definately an influence in marital law from the christian church (I'm not saying the church influenced them into doing it a certain way, but that belief system carried over), etc.
        practice wu de

Comment

Well, our founding father's no doubt came to this country, in part, to escape religious persecution, as I remember it from second or third grade. But, when putting together our constitution, they were very, very careful to ensure that there was a separation between church and state. And, they were also careful to make sure that each governing body within our government, had some sort of series of checks and balances, so that one part of government did not have absolute controlling power.

Compare that to Islamic law in these Arab countries.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

Islamic Law is run on the principle of "shura" which is mutual consultancy in a governing body format and also an important part is "ijma" which is consensus of opinions reached (by those qualified in law) before something becomes binding or not.

so umm... again its the difference between Islamic law and dictatorship/despots in arab countries...

dave
            simple and natural is my method,
            true and sincere is my principle --Tse Sigung

Comment

Oh, no doubt doc, but I'm just saying that the morals that they put together these laws with were influenced by there religous backrounds.
              practice wu de

Comment

Working...
              X