Damasco and USSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damasco and USSD

Check this out. I thought this was funny. Now I know where USSD gets its instructors.

monster.com

I guess you don't need to be skilled to teach at a USSD. The other thing I find funny is he doesn't use his ussd email address for his contact info he uses his shaolindisciple.com address.

Do you get decipleship with that as well?
    practice wu de

Comment

From monster.com (I am actually quite surprised to see this in here):

"United Studios of Self Defense is currently looking for athletes interested in pursuing an exciting career teaching the Martial Arts. We are currently looking for health and fitness minded individuals interested in teaching Martial Arts to children and adults of all ages. We are expanding our New York operation in Long Island and some of the boroughs.

United Studios is the largest Martial Arts organization int the United States. We have over 150 locations nation wide, spanning 10 states.
      We have been recognzed by the former President of the United States, the Director of the F.B.I., the Secretary of Education for the United States and the Abbot of the Shaolin Temple, the birth place of the Martial Arts.

How it works, first you need to earn your certification as a United Studios of Self Defense instructor. Here you will learn everything you need to know in order to run a United Studios. We will teach you everything you need to know aboaut teaching children of all ages, instructing adults, and running a small bussiness.
      If accepted, your training will be availabale to you as often as you can train. We can work around your current work schedule if necessary.

If you want the most rewarding and respected career ever, send your resume to Grandmaster Steve DeMasco at sdemasco@shaolindisciple.com WE will be holding a small meeting in the next two weeks at our Floral Park New York location, for those individuals that qualify.

Why United Studios?
      * Fun rewarding, relaxed working condidtions
      * Competitive salary, plus commission
      * Health insurance benifits
      * On going training
      * Management opportunity
      * Keep fit while you work"

Someone needs to tell him how to spell "business".

"For the most rewarding and respected career ever"

Oh please...
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

You know whats funny..............

They don't tell you that you have to pay a few grand to enroll in the "instructors college"........
        Then a few grand to buy into the franchise...........
        Then a few grand to outfit your new school...........
        Then if you don't have students you don't get paid.............

You gotta love good old Stevie "The grandmaster" LOL

Comment

more spelling errors.....

business is not the only spelling error..
          "int"
          "recognzed"
          "aboaut"
          "availabale"
          "condidtions"
          "benifits"

Sounds like they need a proof reader too.
          I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
          "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
          "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
          "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

I missed all of that? Got to stop skimming these things and start paying more attention.
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

I wonder if whomever typed that up had a stuttering problem and tried to sound them out. I know I shouldn't joke on stuttering, but it does sort of look like that.
              practice wu de

Comment

He also makes Cold Calls to martial arts students. He called one of my intermediate students one day and tried to convince him that I wasn't treating him with the respect he deserved, and that he should come to the USSD to join their instructors corps and pull down a salary of $75000 or more after theri 8 week training program and that he would be learning forms not taught to anyone but himself(Demasco) at the Temple. My student pretty much told him to go blow. Unfortunately, an advanced student of one of my training brothers fell for it. He had just received his advanced level and let his head swell. He of course thought that now that he was advanced he could tell his Shifu what was wrong with the system and how to fix it. He was sent packing, and the very next day (interestingly enough) he was hired by Demasco to run what was at that time the Eastern US Headquarters. What that tells me is that our school turns out damn good students if our intermediates qualify to be their "Masters".
                Mike Evans
                Medford, NY

Comment

I'm wondering when someone is going to do a book review on Demasco's tome, the one where he professes to the world his knowlege of Shaolin. Not that I'm suggesting that anyone actually go out and buy it; might be an interesting "hide in the back of Borders and waste an evening" event. Curious to see what people think about it.

As for me, I have more important things to do. The Simpson's is on...

russbo.com

Comment

Ah, man...it's gone.

Comment

I think that you guys need to show USSD's grandmaster Demasco a little more respect.

He is, after all, the alleged one and only genuine Shaolin Ambassador to the US

Attached Files

russbo.com

Comment

Ya know--it wouldn't be such a problem if the American public weren't so un-educated in the martial arts. So many people, most martial artists included, are simply deluded as to what it's all about! Then you get this guy (or any businessman, really) that comes along with a sales pitch, a fancy move or two, and plenty o' cash, and WHAM -- instant public icon...

Sometimes I get so frustrated...I know I'm not the greatest MAist in the world, but come on!
                        Mike Evans
                        Medford, NY

Comment

American public weren't so un-educated
                          in much more than just the ma.. I know I'm not that smart, but at least I know it...lol

I had a acquaintance that taught there, he got deported (after spending 6 months in Fed. Prison) I think he was going to try to open a school in South Africa.
                          practice wu de

Comment

South Africa...I grew up there. Nice place---tho i cant speak for it now.

Comment

From what I hear, Tiger Schulman has a similar program for instructors...maybe it's just something that happens when you open more than one school...the Instructor Program Salesmen come in and sell you a cookie-cutter 8 week program designed to make you millions! Bwahaha!!
                              Mike Evans
                              Medford, NY

Comment

Working...
                              X