KUNG FU MOVIES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KUNG FU MOVIES

Yo Doc do you ever watch kung fu movis like tai chi master,drunken master ... oh ya If you do like kung fu movies tell me a few to go pic up.
    lil monk

Shaw Bros. movies are always classics...

Then you have ones like Invincible Armour, Born Invincible (one of my all time favs.), Shaolin Vs. Wutang, Shaolin Vs. Lama, Shaolin Master Killer, Return to the 36th Chamber, 18 Bronzeman.... etc.
    practice wu de

Comment

Drunken Master. Shaolin Vs Lama. Both superlative.

Shaolin Temple. ok.

Comment

the five deadly venoms... return of the five deadly venoms..... MASTER OF THE FLYING GUILLOTINE

Comment

Yeah, the shaw flicks with the 5 venoms together are some classics....

Jet's stuff from the 80s is pretty damn sweet too... Kids from Shaolin, New Legends of Shaolin, and Shaolin Temple.....

Tai Chi Master is pretty sick too.
          practice wu de

Comment

yeah especially the once upon a time in china series. oh yeah, that reminds me, and how could i forget, the greatest kung fu movie of all time:

IRON MONKEY

last weekend was old-school (shaw) kung fu night with my movie-buff buddy, this coming weekend is new-school kung fu night, so kung fu is everywhere.

- zach

Comment

MASTER OF THE FLYING GUILLOTINE
              Wow. How did I miss that one.

I don't watch these types of movies. Ever. I prefer the oldies but goodies. Like me. You know, those black and white things that actually had plots, great acting, and actors that could remember more than three lines in a row.
              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
              russbo.com

Comment

your remembering three lines in a row style is weak! bow to my whirling dirvish style!

Comment

With that comment I pay homage to "The Rock", who, in his Egyptian movie thingie, whatever the name of it was, he barely had a scene in which there were more than three lines. It really got to the point in that movie that I started counting the words in each editable scene.

Sad.
                  Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                  russbo.com

Comment

Cool thanks for all the good movies to go pic up I am go on ebay right now to pic them up thanks agine
                    lil monk

Comment

hmm

umm, iron flag, shaolin super ninja, the 36 chambers of shaolin, chinese hercules, five fingers of death, "the master", south shaolin master 1/2, all the Quatic movies own, the drunken masters are good, fong sai yuk movies are good, love the wutang movies and basically all jets movies are sweet..espcially "shaolin temple", tai chi master, fist of legend(legendary), etc etc

amitabha
                      "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Agree, especially Iron Monkey, Fists of Legend, 36 Chambers of Shaolin and Return to the 36 Chambers, also...

Twin Warriors (Jet Li), Prodigal son (Sammo), Last Hurrah for Chivalry (early John Woo film, he started off doing kung fu films before going into gangster movies, dodgy title but good plot), One-armed swordsman, Magnificent Butcher (Sammo again)....

Also worth a watch if you can find it uncut (was censored a lot on release because of the lesbian sex scenes) is Intimate Confessions of a Chinese Courtesan - though don't get too excited about the lesbian stuff, was considered extreme at the time, but pretty tame now... good film though, very funny...

Comment

kung fu and lesbians? what am i waiting for?

Comment

It was on at the NFT in London as part of their kung fu season last month ....funnily enough it didn't take too much convincing to get my husband to come and see it with me!

Comment

my girlfriend does that all the time. "honey, let's rent 'le divorce'! it's about kate hudson and namoi watts... and uh... they play lesbians!" i'm not falling for that one again.

Comment

Working...
                              X