No announcement yet.

KUNG FU MOVIES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found it in the anime section at Best Buy, although it is a live action movie. Didn't see it last time I was there though, they might have moved it to a more sensible location. I read somewhere that it is a remake of Princess Snowblood.

Comment

Just watched the Kwoon, rented it from Netflix. I laughed through the whole thing. My favorite part was where the Ninja clotheslined himself at the waterpark.

I also saw "the Return of the Seven Deadly Venoms". Pretty bad, and I don't think there was really seven of them.

Comment

well it's supposed to be five deadly venoms, maybe the seven deadly venoms thing was ripped off from that. the movie "return of the five deadly venoms" is also crap. it has nothing at all to do with the original deadly venoms.

but having re-watched the bona fide original shaw brothers Five Deadly Venoms, i now realize that that's pretty boring too, once the novelty of the filmmaking style wears off. they talk incessantly, i mean it's ridiculous, and the plot doesn't even make sense if you decide to actually follow it.

Comment

Follow it?

It's a shaw flick bro......

lol
          practice wu de

Comment

my thoughts exactly, which is why they should just SHUT THE HELL UP AND FIGHT!! which sadly they refuse to do.

Comment

lol, I had close to 200 kung fu flicks at one time, I'm 'bout to order 10 more... need to up the library again.
              practice wu de

Comment

On Ong Bak; the action was fairly good but it had NOTHING else going for it...well, besides the wheelchair guy who had his smoking hole, that B was effin hilarious.
                Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

My two Bjj'in (Brazilian Jujitsu) roommates liked Ong Bak. I haven't seen it yet.

You're right zachsan, it is the Return of the Five Deadly Venoms. It was so bad that I've been trying to block it from my mind. So far I've only succeeded in getting the title confused with the Seven Samurai, which I watched on the same night.

Comment

There are hundreds of movies the venoms did together....

Funny thing is that might be the worst.

non 5 venoms:
                    Invincible Armour is still one of my favorites that is not well known, I'm a big fan of all the early Jet movies, and also of some of the other "mainland" movies done around this time.
                    practice wu de

Comment

Invincible Armour Huh?

Ok now you've got me curious. I've got it coming in Netflix once I send my current movies back.

Comment

We got to meet Tony Jaa...

When the Ong Bak movie premiered...RZA did the hosting, and I got to spin the after party.

In a word, Tony Jaa is ill. My man had one of his stunt guys stand up on another guy's shoulders and hold out a bag of popcorn- which he proceeded to then xuanfengjiao. That was sick. The guy has very impressive skills, and the next day when he and his group came to visit and train I have to say the guy was a real sweetheart, very very humble, very respectful. Very THAI if that makes sense.

We got some ill shots of it on the site in our news section I think.

Some classics which may not have been mentioned which definitely need to be in anyone's collection:

Kid With A Golden Arm

Invincible Shaolin- this is the flick RZA sampled for the section of the 10yr Edit..."The technique depends mainly on arm and finger strength...Do you know how the Mantis fist started..." etc.

My gong fu brother just hooked me up with a bunch of classics and I was overjoyed to rediscover those two.

"Arhat, I am your father..."
                        -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

lol, look at Yan Ming's face. He looks so suprised.
                          Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Invincible Shaolin
                            Good call, in my top ten kf movies...
                            practice wu de

Comment

invincible shaolin..i remember when i lifted that from a store i didnt even know what it was..heheheh, that movie is great

yan ming always looks like that, hes got some of the biggest eyes for a chinese guy, looks like hes on crack or something

i just saw kung fu hustle..that movie was hilarious, the choreography was hot to

even though it was bootlegged..id pay to see it
                              "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

I watched Invincible Armour today. It came in with Invincible Fighter and The Young Master. Invincible Armour was pretty good. The imagery with the eggs was pretty funny. My only problem was trying to keep track of all the white haired guys. But that seems to be the norm.

I'll be watching the other two in the next few days. Half a Loaf of Kungfu was pretty good. Even the women had sideburns.

Comment

Working...
                                X