No announcement yet.

KUNG FU MOVIES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, Drunken Tai Chi.. Donnie Yen. Great movie. Donnie Yen is really good. Better than Jet Li in the Hero. His fight was the best. He should have been the main character so we could see him more. His split kick, his jump back kick. Best I have seen in movies. Jet li, he doesn't move right. Not like a real fighter. I don't like that. Watch the way he uses the straight sword in the Hero. Yucky. In Donnie Yen's movies he tells the people to pad up cuz he's really gonna kick them to make it real. Not just try to look real. That's why I like his movies best. Sometimes his kicks aren't very good. Cuz in a real fight your kicks can't always be perfect. But when he does good. It is perfect. Blows Jet Li's weak ass legs away. And he actually moves like a fighter. You can tell when people are born to be fighters and when they have to work hard at it. Jet Li is one of those that has to work hard. But still I think Jet Li's skill is just for movies. He doesn't know how to fight. His movements are so ugly. And his drunken sucks. Now Jackie Chan. Can't even speak there. Absolute best drunken. And best Gong Fu. In his younger years that is. Nowadays he is on a cord cuz he hurt himself too much. Jet Li is always on a cord too. But he's not hurt. No need for him to do that. Except that he sucks and can't do it right. Ok.. Donnie Yen has been on a cord in Hero. But that was just to give the flying look that they had in the movie. His other movies are great. Like "drunken tai chi". "fist of fury". "kung fu master". "revenge of the kung fu master". "jing wu men". Best..

Comment

donnie yen is pretty cool, i like jet better though

and jet a weakling huh..yea i dunno about all that

infact, if that dude was taught in the traditional manner or even at shaolin i think wed all be calling him shi yan ming or de cheng or one of those crazy names right about now..

five fingers of death blows all those others outta the water anyhow, so get that weak **** outta here!

amitabha
      "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Hero.

I liked it. A lot. As far as the wire **** goes. But I watched it again the other day and finally what it was that was bothering me about it came to light.

Well, first of all, to get the English subtitles to play was a neat trick. The first three times I had mandarin with characters across the screen. I was like, is this someone's idea of a joke? But I figured it out...

Anyway, what was bothering me was the calligraphy school scene. The arrows were coming from all directions. Impossible trajectories. C'mon guys...can't they hire someone to catch this kind of **** and make it right. How can an arrow shot from several hundred yards away fly horizontally through a room and lodge in somoene's head.

Sure sure I'm suspending reality when they fly up in the air and spin the arrows out, but still...
        "Arhat, I am your father..."
        -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

the water scene kicks ass.

Comment

I also really love Master of Zen.

Man...the wigs these guys rock to make them look like Kshatriya princes...absolutely priceless...not even Pan Qing Fu has the drop on these wardrobes.

Twin Meteors was a good flick nobody mentioned yet, with that inexplicable Chinese humor...

A great flick in the vein of CTHD and Hero was a jam called Temptation of a Monk. Joan Chen full frontal. VERY worth it.
            "Arhat, I am your father..."
            -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

If you think Pan Qing Fu's wardrobe is insane, you should see what Master Tu Jin-Sheng wears! Ha ha.
              Oh yeah, and as much as I liked Jet Li in Kiss of the Dragon, I think Donnie Yen is more trained in actual traditional gongfu, whereas Jet Li is only Modern Wushu.
              a true gongfu system must have the four major aspects of combat to be complete, "striking", "Kicking", Chin'na (joint-locking), and Shuai-Jiao (Wrestling)... in addition it must combine the internal with the external...

Comment

oh no.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, Donnie Yen trained in modern Wu Shu and Tae Kwon do. I don't know about his fighting background. But I know he did those two styles. But he kicks with Chinese technique and not Korean. But he does like real fighting. Real power. Real techniques. Jet Li did Wu Shu. He didn't do traditional Gong Fu. That's why he moves all funny when he does fight scenes. Like I mentioned the fight between him and Donnie Yen in Hero. If anyone knows how to use a straight sword to really fight, you will know it looks really goofy. Man, he moves so funny. Real fighters don't do that. He tries to make it look cool. He always needs some little pose where he pauses then looks off the other way. It's silly. Donnie Yen doesn't just try to make it look cool. He actually does the full technique for real. So it doesn't look real.. it is real.

Comment

no man, it's still a movie...

Comment

Yes, it's a movie. But if he's a real fighter, Jet Li would do things that looked like it. Donnie Yen does. And it's still just a movie. Only Jet Li can't do things like that cuz he's not a real fighter. So his fight scenes in movie look bad. I'm a martial artist. I'm a real fighter. My friends and I, just like some of you probably, have made fight scenes together. We don't move around all goofy like we don't know what the hell we're doing. We make it look cool. You know it's for a movie, needs to have interesting parts. But we make it like a real fight cuz we're real fighters. We would never do some silly looking sh!t that Jet Li does. Cuz he's a poser. He did modern Wu Shu forms. And not very good. Well, compared to someone with real skill. I think what he does is called "tiao wu". Which means dancing in Chinese. Wu Shu or Tiao Wu Shu? The art of dancing?

Comment

haha...

Comment

hey wu shu is for paformence and that is why jet is in movies because he is good at proforming I mean come on if they where really fighting the movie would be over in like 5 secondes real fights are fun to look at in real life but on movies it cool to see some crazy ass ****e that is way jet dose that ok
                          lil monk

Comment

But Jet Li doesn't do anything cool. He's not good at that. Donnie Yen is the one that can do cool things that are really like fighting. That's why he's better than Jet Li. It's easier to believe Donnie Yen's fights. I just can't get anything from Jet Li's fights cuz he's not a real fighter. Bruce Lee movies are cool to watch. Cuz he knows how to fight. So his fight scenes are cool. Same as Donnie Yen, and Jackie Chan when he was younger. Not anymore though. But Jet Li has never been a real fighter. So I'm not interested in watching him. Watching someone who isn't a fighter try to fight in movies is like watching Once Upon A Time In Mexico, where the white guy was dressed like a Mexican with stuff on his skin to make it look like a Mexican. It's fake as hell. If I watch a movie with Mexicans I expect to see Mexicans. Not white guys dressed like Mexicans. Just like I don't want to watch Jet Li pretend to be a real fighter. That's not cool.

Comment

for one thing, no ones hated on wushu more then me(well atleast in my mind) and imho you guys are a lil, crazy..if not real crazy when you say "wushu is just for performance" and the like

for one, jet li was and is pretty amazing, back in the day he was one quick sob and he could basically fly to..

i mean, these wushu guys are very very competitve atheletes, and jet was basically the best in china for years and years

coupled with the fact that china almost always produces better fighters then those in the west, you have to give some of the wushu guys props

anyhow, donnie yen is good..i dunno how far i personally would go with the whole, donnies a fighter! ****, but hey, thats me..

personally i think cung could take jet and donnie at the same time, but thats also just my crazy mind at work in a dream world where that kinda **** would actually take place..

amitabha
                              "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Was it Jet Li or Jackie Chan that did that video showing him jumping down things on the side of a six story building? I can't remember what video clip that was (do I have it Video Library?)

And, if you ever get the chance, make sure you watch MUSA. Awesome flick. Just awesome.
                                Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                                russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X