KUNG FU MOVIES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

indeed

indeed, Hero is good, anyone can see that..but theres something about it thats a little to fake, like the portrayal of Huang Di..i thought that was interesting but at the same time it was to much fantasy..

and the story of ricky..well, i dunno where you could get it..my friend and i stole 2 copies from sarges comics over in new london, thats the only place ive seen it..but if you can find it, its worth getting

amitabha
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

and alas, the long tradition of historically accurate kung fu movies is broken...

Comment

na

its more the underlying implications that get to me, but i didnt say i disliked it..just saying

amitabha

Comment

I think the cinametography in Hero is top notch, oscar worthy. I've heard either rave, or bashy type reviews on the rest of it, like Jet is too monotonous, etc.. to that I say it was supposed to be.. but anyway...good stuff imho
          practice wu de

Comment

half a loaf of kung fu is good as well as fearless hyena 1 and 2. both jackie chan films. also got some more of his earlier ones but havent watched yet.. iron monkey is a good film. I also liked legend of the wolf with donnie yen. skip first ten minutes and it aint a bad movie. I also loved once upon a time in china and america with jet li. is there a once upon a time in china and america 2? not really martial arts but a chinese ghost story i liked too. who di u think will be the next big martial arts hero in cinema? jackie chan is funny as hell but jet li seems to have control over the audience for his ability. is there anyone that can compare? donnie yen seems to now be more focused on directing.
            loved fist of the north star, manga video but loved it anyway. both video and tv series, even though tv series did get somewhat repetitive but if u like a lot of blood then this is good.

seen stroy of ricky, but not to sure about it. didnt stand out for me. pretty graphic in that upper cut to the throat mind you.

wish they would make more mangas to do with martial arts directly with shaolin. could do more things and i think it would come across more better. anyone got any more news on the korean director who is making the cgi film of bruce lee? linda lee and daughter both gave there backing, will look alot better than final fantasy. havent heard about this one for a long time though. last time was 5 months ago when he needed voice overs that sounded like bruce.

Comment

it's really sad what the lee family will do for cash these days. "sure, take bruce and computer-animate him! here's how to make out the check..."

and don't even get me started on dragon: the bruce lee story....

Comment

"Twin Warriors"

best movie ever

Comment

Wait, the Qin emperor in Hero is supposed to be Huang Di? As in the yellow emperor? As in author of the Nei Jing? If so, I could see it as an accurate portrayal. Very smart man who was trying to get a rise out of nameless, but it would explain even more so the reasons why not to kill him.

Anywho, DRUNKEN TAI CHI, great film, one of donnie yens best. More fun than a barrel of iron monkeys.
                  Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

fist of the north star is good, i own alot of FOTN, thanks to sarges of course...

and umm, huangi di? are you serious dao? huang di was indeed credited with writing the nei jing or chinese classic of medicine usually called the "huang di nei jing cannon" but regardless, we dont know how much of history is true, in that even if he did write the nei jing he was still a ruthless killer and basically described as being a looney tune in his final years

theres alot more info on the yellow emperor that should be known before portraying him like they did in hero, but whatever..it was a cool movie

the story of ricky i think is a must see

kill bill 2 was cool to, anyone see that?

5 point palm exploding heart attack, RAAAAAA

amitabha

Comment

yup, seein it again tonight. i don't know if it really counts as a kung fu movie though. i dunno... it seems a little too... smart, i guess. haha... yeah it's good.

Comment

Fist of Legend.. That's definitely my favorite.. Also, even though it's not a typical "kung fu movie", you should all see Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (Wo hu cang long)... Really worth the 2 hours spent in front of the tele..

Comment

Though not strictly a 'kung fu movie' you cannot ignore 'The Karate Kid'. Cmon ppl, pseudo-philosophy mixed with that 80s soundtrack. Classic!

Miyagi: Now, ready?
                          Daniel: I guess so.
                          Miyagi: [sighs] Daniel-san, must talk. Man walk on road. Walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk down middle, sooner or later, get squished
                          [makes squish gesture]
                          Miyagi: just like grape. Same here. You karate do "yes," or karate do "no." You karate do "guess so,"
                          [makes squish gesture]
                          Miyagi: just like grape. Understand?
                          Daniel: Yeah, I understand.
                          Miyagi: Now, ready?
                          Daniel: Yeah, I'm ready.

Comment

id beat his karateka ass

amitabha

Comment

But could paint all those fences and wax all those cars?

I could never look at car washing in the same light after seeing that film.

That said, 'Car Wash Honeyz Uncut' had a similar affect, but that's a story for another time..

Comment

Drunken Tai Chi.......
                                Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X