Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Temple Secular Disciple's Union

Dear Doc and fellow community members,

So I have eventually managed to get around to writing my question, having only taking me about two weeks to learn how to actually navigate this gigantic site, and another two-three weeks trawling through all the other related posts and articles - just to check whether my question hasn’t been sufficiently already answered before elsewhere!

However I would like to point out that such a lead time is not solely attributed to poor reading ability or technological incompetence, but for those of us who aren’t fortunate enough to actually own a PC with internet access, it can make for some very boring evenings using antiquated public access machines and dodging the curious glances of the library patrol police!

The first part of my question is in relation to the ‘Shaolin Temple Secular Disciple’s Union’ and obtaining current address and contact details. Hemming’s website is no longer on-line, nor have I had any response from the email address. Is any one able to provide me with either of these please?

Which leads me to the second part of my question. I was considering just turning up at Shaolin/Dengfeng and looking for said school, or spending some time pre-viewing the various schools and options that exist for training before I actually commit myself to the final place of my choice, as suggested on another site. However, I would appreciate this forum’s opinion on such actions. Is this recommended? Normal practise? Is it always necessary to have the ‘intended’ school’s prior permission? Or by ‘diving in at the deep end’ I am opening myself to all manner of other problems?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Mark

After reading your post, I'm sure that you saw this, but in case you didn't, check out he thread on said school, it is under the Shaolin kung fu schools forum... Other than that, I can't offer up anything else...sorry, but good luck.
    practice wu de

Comment

Said school took a nose dive for foreigners after Heming left. I suggest that you forget about it; there are other, better options in Dengfeng. Again, as SS said, check out the threads in Shaolin Gong Fu Schools forum on this board.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

Also see the video library on schools.

QUOTE:
        So I have eventually managed to get around to writing my question, having only taking me about two weeks to learn how to actually navigate this gigantic site, and another two-three weeks trawling through all the other related posts and articles

Remember it is not about the goal it's all about the journey!
        Nothing is more frightening than ignorance in action - Goethe

Comment

Working...
        X