No announcement yet.

what type of monk was FA HUI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and get a nightly body rub from some 19 year old hair dresser girl....

I thought that was the only reason you still go...
    practice wu de

Comment

It's one of the reasons that come to mind when I buy my plane ticket...
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

Asger, I did not make those points. RJW did. And he has an interesting point too. We tend to have an idea about it and we glorify it and make the things we like the most bigger than they are. And it's not only about Shaolin or only Americans who act like this, it's the whole world.

I'm not here to deter you from following your dreams though. That's your business. I just want to make you think; a kind of "devil's advocate" you might say. There will be things that you really like and things that you really don't. American Hygiene standards are very high compared to most other countries; so be aware of that, it's VERY important.

peace
        "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

heh

"American Hygiene standards are very high compared to most other countries; so be aware of that, it's VERY important"

lol

amitabha
          "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

how many times should I expect to get sick if I'm there for a year
            "Hasta la vista gray davis you're being totally recalled" - The Governor of California

Comment

That might depend on how sick you get. If you get really really sick it might only be once.
              Nothing is more frightening than ignorance in action - Goethe

Comment

Yes. For the entire year, lol...
                Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                russbo.com

Comment

Out of curiosity man, were you staying at Deer Park? Or another monastery?
                  Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Deer Park and Plum Village. Most to all monks and nuns in the Plum Village tradition must be ordained in Plum Village. Only under certain circumstances can you be ordained else where in this tradition. But I did live in both places, I spent most of my time in Plum Village though.
                    "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

Comment

i would be interested in reading more about your journey Fa Hui if you are inclined to share
                      good to see you back buddy - i myself am currently becoming involved more in Sufism than in a Buddhist tradition - its an interesting experience

take care,
                      dave
                      simple and natural is my method,
                      true and sincere is my principle --Tse Sigung

Comment

Very cool Dave. I've heard about Sufism; sounds nice.

I am currently working on my memoirs as a novice monk and I am going to try to get it published. But I am working on it and hope to finish it as soon as I can.

We'll see how things go.

Peace.

Comment

The old want to be young, and the young want to be old-- such a paradox!

But I am sixteen, and I don't WANT to try hallucinagens, unprotected sex, or binge drinking.

Hell, I hate taking allegra when I have really bad allergies...cause it makes you weak and all.

Didn't I say this somewhere before? I think I remember shaolinstylee talking about the parallelisms between taking it and...anyway...

The unprotected sex thing...hellz no. Gotta have the protection until you know for SURE.

And I have already tried binge drinking to a small extent. It was fun, but I don't really feel like doing it every weekend.

Plus, I was like the only one drunk out of everyone there. I don't want to make a fool of myself when everyone will remember.

Anyway, I hope I can do a little more when I am 20 or 30 and have the time and money...hopefully.
                          Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

but you'll always get more drunk than everyone else and make a fool out of yourself at first. it's a rite of passage. put some elbow grease into it, and in no time, you'll be drinkin your buddies under the table.

Comment

Working...
                            X