shaolin website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shaolin website

hey I was looking around at other shaolin sites and I went to www.shaolin.com . being as there is a lot of misleading info on shaolin and even more misleading info on the net I was wondering if anyone else has been to this site and could tell me if it's "legit" or not. it seems pretty good from what I've read but I'd like to get another perspective since I don't really know that much about it really.
    "Hasta la vista gray davis you're being totally recalled" - The Governor of California

I took a look at that site before. I didn't read the info. But i looked at the pics of basic shao lin teachniques. ummm, what kind of kicks were those? really ugly. The back kick there.. he actually looked forward and kicked backward. lol. That's like japanese style. That's not Gong Fu. And the stances. Front stance and back stance. He was open like japanese or korean style. He'd get kicked in the balls. That's not Shao Lin. Come on..

Comment

I have seen this before. People learn Karate or something. Then see some stances of Gong Fu in movies or books or something. Then put on a Gong Fu suit and call it Gong Fu. Don't be fooled. They are trying to get more money saying they know more than one style. And since Gong Fu is popular. There are a lot of wannabes.

At least he wasn't wearing a Jap uniform with a Chinese sash. As they did in The Matrix. lol

Comment

I looked at it a while ago.It was a front for a store. I saw a lot of kempo. Really wasn't impressed.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

hey, those costumes in the matrix were cool.

- zach

Comment

Quote:
            I looked at it a while ago.It was a front for a store. I saw a lot of kempo. Really wasn't impressed.

That was my impression too.
            Nothing is more frightening than ignorance in action - Goethe

Comment

thank you very much for the info. I always think it's important to learn things right from the start so I didn't want to start wasting time checking out that site when it's not even accurate.
              "Hasta la vista gray davis you're being totally recalled" - The Governor of California

Comment

Working...
              X