Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• body masures

hello

i am 5.9 1.76 centimeter am i to long for kungfu because all the monks are smaller and i think if you are smaller
    your kungfu looks beter i think plz reply

nope, you're .01 centimers beneath the Official Limit of How Tall You Can Be to Practice Kung-Fu.

- zach

Comment

what's the official limit?
      then

and where did you get that information plz reply

thnx for your message

Comment

the Official Limit is not a fixed value. it's always .01 centimeters above the height of the practitioner in question. it's a chinese math thing.

lol but seriously, i'm just trying to find a smart-ass way of saying you're never too tall to practice gongfu.

- zach

Comment

My shirfu is 6' 4" His kung fu looks great..

It is easier for a shorter person to look good doing it, however, when someone taller does it well, then it looks awsome. It is just a bit harder. Think angles... as far as forms go. It all comes down to angles. If someone with a 3' arm length holds his arm out parallel to the floor, then moves it to say 3 or 4 degrees down, you'll notice it more than say a person with a 2.5' long arm, who does the same thing.
          practice wu de

Comment

it is harder in some respects. i train in hung gar, which emphasises low horse stances. most of my classmates are very short (they're chinese), and they can get right next to the floor. but for someone like me, who is 6 feet tall, even a horse stance with the thighs nearly parallel to the ground looks high compared to the other students. so my sifu makes me work harder, which i welcome.

Comment

thnx for all the reply's

i am be doing kungfu for over one year know but i was thinking about stoping kungfu because my height
              thnx for al the help

Comment

but know i will continue

thnx

Comment

jump off a bridge
                  practice wu de

Comment

my son is 6-3 and looks good. Just work on good form and power.
                    Nothing is more frightening than ignorance in action - Goethe

Comment

Working...
                    X