Favorite Dish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Dish

What is your favorite dish? Please include a recipe because i need a little inspiration for my home cooking. Preferably easy-to-do dishes

Wow. We're breaking new ground here. I can just see the Photoshop creations now...
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

salad

Fruit salad, caesar salad, potato salad, pasta salad, spicy rice and black bean salad, avocado and papaya Salad, corn and black bean salad, croque monsieur salad, waldorf salad, couscous salad, ambrosia salad or just plain old salad.

Comment

I don't know about favorite that's hard to say. but I did invent a soup that everyone seems to like. you sauteé one chopped up onion a diced clove of garlic and 3 chopped up carrots in a big pot with a little canola oil. do this for maybe five minutes stirring the veggies every so often. then add 1 can of corn (normal not cream corn), 1 can of black beans, and 1 can of garbanzo beans. now add a little water to thin it a little. just enough to cover everything in there. now add a couple pinches of thyme seasoning, sprinkle some basil, and some oregano. then drop a couple bay leaves in. add a little black pepper and 4 shakes of salt. then let it cook for about 25-30 minutes. stir every 3-4 minutes.
        everything should be done on medium heat from the sauteé to the end. if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
        "Hasta la vista gray davis you're being totally recalled" - The Governor of California

Comment

I have a receipe or two I'll submit soon as I get it written down of find it. If we get enough on here may this web page will be number one on amazon search for kung fu and cooking.
          Nothing is more frightening than ignorance in action - Goethe

Comment

I like baked potatoes
            Attached Files
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
            russbo.com

Comment

Garlic shrimp...

Chop up some garlic, put it on some shrimp, and fry them up....
              practice wu de

Comment

any of you guys try that soup yet? I'm tellin' ya it's good stuff! one of my friends won't eat it though because the soup is very dark and he is a food racist.
                "Hasta la vista gray davis you're being totally recalled" - The Governor of California

Comment

wo yiding zuo ni de cai!

i shall certainly try out your dish very soon kirvixus
                  but i have one question: what is Garbanzo beans???
                  is it this plant's seeds?: http://www.liberherbarum.com/Pn1398.HTM

Comment

hmm, i couldn't find any canned black beans or chickpeas at the local market, but i have some dries ones... will it be ok if i let these be soaked in water and use them?

Comment

Wow, you should move into the western US... they have a whole aisle for beans, peas, etc..lol
                      practice wu de

Comment

where do you live asger? there are garbanzo beans and black beans all over the place. if you can't find any you seriously need to move out of whatever town you're in.

Comment

hahaha yeah i thought it was an american thing like so many other things... well, me and my folks never heard of chickpeas on can!!

Well, I'm going to soak the chickpeas and black beans i have for about 24 hours... that should do.

btw, this must be one of the few american bits of culture we haven't converted into yet here... and the only one i can think of that i would actually like to have!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X