No announcement yet.

Any Ninjutsu Students here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there might be a few legitimate masters around, but about 90% of people claiming to teach ninjutsu or ninjitsu or anything like it are full of ****. i think it has an even greater 'miss' rate than most martial arts out there, partly because of the huge popularity of ninjas in the 80's that propogated this myth that people are willing to spend hundreds of dollars to pursue.

whatever you do, don't read any ashida kim books.

Comment

Anyone know anything about robert Bussey? I know he was innovled with ninjustu for away. Also there is another home study course I know of that supposedly the guy is in the Hatsumi ninjustu organization.
      http://www.blogger.com/profile/16155538

Comment

I have no ref links here at pres but to offer recc of search on senseis name )( haatsumi / ninjutsu in Japan) ) , but I did some haatsumi based ninjutsu for several moths, and consequentially against tkd, aikido ( which are rooted in same origins), shaolin, WC, dimak, and so on, the ninjutsu ( particularly from sensei haastumis branch ) is my favourite and what i consider , next to cavity striking , amongst my my most effective techniques!!!

The man's an ma geniuse and no flys on him, because this folks, is a living legend!!!!!! Be priviledged if you 're accepted into his or his diciples schools!!!!!!!!! never has grappling been so effective nor sexy!!!

he knows his **** and the art does its job

see ya on the tonpo side!!!

Comment

I have personally studied Ninjitsu since I was 8. If there are three things I have learned, it is this:

1.) Ninjas are mammals.
          2.) Ninjas fight ALL the time.
          3.) The purpose of Ninjas is to flip out and kill people.

*wails on guitar*
          Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Hmm, enlighted my friend. There is a home study system in ninjustu. I got alot to study already so I'm not planning to pick more up. Personally of all the arts I've studied I like tai chi the best. But hey that's just me.
            "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

Comment

Originally posted by zachsan
              there might be a few legitimate masters around, but about 90% of people claiming to teach ninjutsu or ninjitsu or anything like it are full of ****. i think it has an even greater 'miss' rate than most martial arts out there, partly because of the huge popularity of ninjas in the 80's that propogated this myth that people are willing to spend hundreds of dollars to pursue.

whatever you do, don't read any ashida kim books.

I have ben studying "ninjutsu" for as long as I can remember. Japanese, not Ashida Kim or Rick Tew, or anyone else who likes shaming themselves for money. I agree with zachsan though, if you are going to pursue this method, make sure you do you research and find a teacher that is not a joke and has some authenticity. The same you would looking for a Shaolin instructor. Make sure they are grounded in the spiritual aspect of ninpo as well.

Comment

Ninjutsu or more specifically bujinkan taijutsu , was conceived by Soke Hatsumi. He does have a few handfuls of good students around the world offering varying degrees of instruction, but my current bujinkan sensei and google tell me that he also runs a dojo in Japan . It is expensive, but my own sensei seems to think that getting there and planning adequately is all part of the training

On ninjutsu itself though, it does have definate ways and means of doing things. It's interesting here though to note that they are also zen practioners and incorperate in their nine schools of sub-branch, many shaolin styled concepts of satori and qi ( ki), pressure striking and universal oneness. In fact, just last week, finding some was our hmwk !!!

When you get an understanding of various traditional schools of instruction and methods to where-ever it is it's meant to lead ; you begin to see that at it's very most basic, they are all the same thing expressing and cultivating themselves differently.

Great choice though for yourself and remember, at it's realist , gongfu is a lifetime commitment , so don't expect mastery overnight, don't feel bad because you only moved fwd one half step and relax and enjoy your ride.

Here's a link to get you started on goolgling : http://www.bujinkan.co.za/H3.html

Blooming Lotus

Comment

Working...
                X