Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dont mean to offend anyone who loves bruce lee!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dont mean to offend anyone who loves bruce lee!

ok,

I have read many times about different training techniques bruce lee had used to get his abs the way they where.

But i have also heard he used to use injections for this. when i read this it was almost like someone ripping out my heart, could remember when i was little always thinking he the meanest set of abs i have ever seen. cant remember where exactly but was supposed to be the biggest bruce lee site in the world and the person lives somewhere in england.

even if he didnt take injections how long do you think it would take to get abs like those?

also what are good exercises to get abs. you see i went to india and for three months spent 3 hours in the gym. 1 hour on the bike, at fast rate and then 1000 situps on the ab machine. then 1 hour on the machines on the gym to build up shoulders and mainly leg work. the thing is i still have that annoying bit of fat at the bottom bit of the stomach. 3 months is a long time i thought. u see when i first started there had thoughts how i would look like and when the time passed didnt really change to much. I have done shaolin for two yrs but last yr was seriously injured and went into hospital in china for one month before being sent back to the uk to the hospital there.

really want to know what i can do to get the six pac i have always dreamed off. at the moment i have the muscle and can feel it but it doesnt show. can somone please help me with this. does anyone know how old bruce lee would ahve been if he was alive now? do u think he would still been as good or do u think him training water buffalo method would have made him diteriate with time?

also this serious injury has now recovered and it was due to being forced to do the splits. I ended up tearing all the muscle like ripping a leg off a turkey at christmas, very painful. just woould like to know what strecthing exercises people have used and what they found a good method. ok if anyone can help with this be very greatful.

what you need is wushu tae bo cardio krav maga ayurvedic reiki slim-fast training!

but seriously, first of all, don't believe everything you read on the internet. when dealing with bruce lee, definitely don't believe everything you read on the internet. as far as whether or not he took steroids, who knows. there are plenty of people who think he did, though (doc's one of them if i'm not mistaken).

one thing i do know is he used very un-shaolin training methods to get into the shape he was (before he started taking steroids, if in fact he ever did). from my experience, gongfu alone doesn't really give people the kind of Greek body they tend to want these days. it does seem to make certain muscles a lot stronger but in more natural (read: less visible) ways.

- zach

Comment

cheers,

guess bruce will always be a mystery. know it is internal not external what matters with shaolin but would be good to look like that, something to aim for i guess if im doing it for 5 yrs.

Comment

well i'm not actually talking about internal energy, i just mean, muscles that are well-developed for certain tasks, but maybe less defined. and also, most external gongfu (correct if i'm wrong, anyone) seems to develop the arms and legs and pretty much leaves the abs alone.

Comment

bud

thats true. but when we where doing the dreaded marbu to begin with it did keep the stomach tight. its the bit 1 inch below the belly button what i cant get rid off! ive tried leg raises and they dont really seem to help. i am very strong and can run for miles and love to train in forms but it is just this bit. maybe it is a hereditary thing?

Comment

even if he didnt take injections how long do you think it would take to get abs like those?
            Why would you want them?

I've got abs like that. They're covered by an inch of fat. But, they're in there.

If you want to look like that, work out on a fairly regular and insane basis, which, won't do anything for your social life. Diet to get you body fat below three percent (and in his case, less), which, by the way, is extremely unhealthy. Take steroids. Which, is also extremely unhealthy, both long and short term.

By the way, girls don't like that ****. So, why bother?
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
            russbo.com

Comment

for muscle tone it is all about repetition. Light resistance many times versus strength - heavy resistance 10 reps.
              Nothing is more frightening than ignorance in action - Goethe

Comment

Muscle bulk it's the amount of weight. Muscle tone and definition it's the amount of repetition.

Dadoo, what's with the picture?
                Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

its always nice when girls ask me to see the tats on my chest more then once, i know there checkin out the bod

hahaha

anyway, i feel, crunches, push ups, punching drills, kicking drills are really good methods to just bust out and go crazy on if you want to get really defined muscles in upper body, i mean i dont even eat well and i do other things detrimental to my training..but i still have defined muscles all over

lately ive been focusing on legs thoguh since they are really important to

anyway, i think its definately worth it to have a powerful upper body, in this case bruce lees is a great example

amitabha
                  "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

So to be perfectly honest, you can do all the ab training you want, but if you lost some fat from the gut in the process you will have extra skin sitting on your belly, which will make your six pack look like a keg. This can be fixed by patience and a few years, or cosmetic surgery.

As for excercises, I recommend abdominal breathing. Its not that hard to retrain yourself to breath with the muscles of the lower abdomen instead of the chest muscles. And once you do, you're working your abs out 24/7. If you beleive that muscle tone lies in repetition, this is the most repetitious excercise you can possibly do.
                    Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Hmm, never thought of that...

Comment

The Lipster returns.

Are you in Israel?

russbo.com

Comment

Yeah abdominal breathing is great stuff. I switched to it about two years ago, and now I breathe unconsciously with my lower abdomen. It's the way you're supposed to be breathing anyway in most qigong and taijiquan, and it has enormous health benefits since you're massaging the organs with every breath. My current qigong instructor says it will add years if not decades onto your life.
                          Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

abdominal breathing is good, alot of western doctors are finding this out..but not enough

anyway, how exactly are years added onto ones life..i always wanted to know

cause if abdominal breathing adds years, and smoking chronic takes them away, what happens when i smoke chronic with my abdomen?

heheheh

amitabha
                            "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Maestro,

You die a miserable, painful, early death with healthy abdominal organs.

heheheh

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                              X