Shi Guo Long. Mexican monk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shi Sheng He?

Sheng is not a Shaolin lineage generational name. Sure you got that correct?
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

In his page: ( http://www.shaolin.org.mx/maestros/index.html )

Shi Sheng He

Con el linaje directo desde el fundador del budismo chan en China el venerable monje maestro Shi Sheng He, es uno de los 28 monjes que entrenaron directamente de los 4 grandes maestros de la 31ava genracion de monjes guerreros que sobrevivieron a la ultima destruccion del monasterio Shaolin. A partir de su ordenacion en el monasterio, el venerable maestro siempre ha permanecido en el monasterio y hasta ahora dedica su vida a su preparacion y difusion del dharma a traves del linaje directo de Sakkyamuni. Ha decidido tomar como discípulo a Shi Guo Long, actualmente reside en el monasterio Shaolin."

Shi Guo Long

Primer occidental ordenado como Monje Guerrero del Templo Shaolin, pertenece a la 32a generación de monjes guerrero. Es el fundador de la sociedad y dedica su vida a la difusión del dharma y al desarrollo interno

Translated with Altavista and me:

Shi Sheng He

With the direct lineage from the founder of the buddhism they chan in China the venerable masterful monk Shi Sheng He, is one of the 28 monks who directly trained of the 4 great teachers of 31ava genracion of monks soldiers who survived completes destruction of the Shaolin monastery. From his arrangement in the monastery, the venerable teacher always has remained in the monastery and until now he dedicates to its life to its preparation and diffusion of dharma through direct lineage of Sakkyamuni. It has decided to take like disciple to
      Shi Guo Long, at the moment resides in the Shaolin." monastery.

Shi Guo Long

First western ordered like Warrior Monk of the Shaolin Temple, he belongs to the 32 generation of warrior monks. He is the founder of the society and dedicates his life to the diffusion of dharma and the internal development

-------------------------------------

OK, maybe he is studing over there in some school with some monk. Thats a good thing to say. You can bring new students to your school. But you must not say lies in this time of Internet and globalization, don`t you think?.

The problem is that with this lie, they are growing in all the country.
      Hector Villarruel
      Guadalajara, Jalisco
      Mexico

Comment

First western ordered like Warrior Monk of the Shaolin Temple,
        Did he say when?

Hahahahaha.

I love it....

(and why are the pictures of these guys so small?)
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

SIFU JOSE GRADOS

Comment

I don`t get it. SiFu Jose Grados?
            Hector Villarruel
            Guadalajara, Jalisco
            Mexico

Comment

What?

You're saying Sifu Jose Grados is (or was) Shi XingHong's teacher?
              a true gongfu system must have the four major aspects of combat to be complete, "striking", "Kicking", Chin'na (joint-locking), and Shuai-Jiao (Wrestling)... in addition it must combine the internal with the external...

Comment

long???

Did you ever find out if he is or is not a real Shaolin monk??
                Llegaste a saber si es o no es monje de Shaolin de verdad??

Comment

shi guo long

Did you ever find out if he is or is not a real monk??
                  Supiste siempre si es o no es un monje de verdad??

Comment

never heard of him before i saw this thread long ago.

as was said before "sheng" is not a shaolin generation name. unless they mean "xing" and just spelled it wrong- which i'm going to give them because he did say "shi shenghe" studied with 31st generation masters, and "xing" denotes the 32nd generation.

and then "shi guolong" says he is 33rd generation. however, the 33rd generation name is "yong", not "guo". guo is not a shaolin generation name. and if "shi shenghe" (or possibly shi xinghe) is the monk who ordained him, his name would be "shi yonglong".

guo is not a possible misspelling of yong, and does not belong to shaolin.

aside from this, i'm only aware of one foreigner who may have taken more than secular discipleship in shaolin. that is the one in los angeles who is a disciple under abbot yongxin, shi yanfan. however, i've heard him called a "fully ordained warrior monk". but warrior monks arent fully ordained. may just be someone's mistake, but he's the only one i've heard of ever being an actual "monk" of any sort.

never heard of a mexican being a warrior monk. and if he were in fact the very first, i'm sure i would have heard of this.

so.... based on all the evidence at hand, besides the website not looking very trustible with several points of interest, i'm gonna say no.

Comment

just saw their chinese version of the website. they are talking about shì shènghé 释圣和, who is indeed a monk in shaolin. however, he's from a different lineage. in the linji sect the generation chart has the character "guo" following "sheng".

on their website in chinese though, it says shi shenghe is a 31st generation monk, while guolong is 32nd. which differs from the english version of the website that says they are 32nd and 33rd gen. respectively. so its really hard to tell when they cant get their facts straight about themselves.

but again, as far as i know, there is only one foreigner to have received more than secular discipleship in shaolin- that is shi yanfan, disciple of abbot yongxin.

if shi guolong has taken any sort of vows under shi shenghe, it would probably be secular discipleship. unless further proof is shown.

Comment

Originally posted by LFJ View Post

but again, as far as i know, there is only one foreigner to have received more than secular discipleship in shaolin- that is shi yanfan, disciple of abbot yongxin.
                        How much did he pay?

russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by doc View Post
                          Did he say when?

Hahahahaha.

I love it....

(and why are the pictures of these guys so small?)
                          The fun never ends...

Comment

not sure how much he paid, doc. lol

where do you get these people, frank?

the website says they opened a "shaolin temple" in 1991...

it also says ven. shi deqian was the "abbot of the northern shaolin temple", which he wasnt, but they even got the date of his passing wrong. so much for caring about "your master".

Comment

His name is Rafael Suarez Briones. He originally trained in Matamoros (Tamaulipas, Mexico) in the late 80's/early 90's at some local Kung Fu school, and eventually ended up going to China in the early 2000's. He seems to have traveled a lot over the last 10 years, so I don't know how long he actually trained in Songshan. That's about what I know.

Comment

From their website: (the stuff in BOLD are my highlights, to bring attention to some interesting things...)

The Shaolin Daxue International Society is an organism of the only Shaolin Monastery of the Song Mountain of the People's Republic of China. This Society has presence in the East as well as in the West. Its foundation is due to the wish of Shi Sheng He, a monk belonging to the 32nd generation of warrior monks of the monastery,
                                It's an organism? And "Sheng" is not the 32 generation denomination. I applaud people who are trying to bring some good to their country, and god knows Mexico needs all the help it can get, but the least they can do when creating this "organism", is get their facts straight.

This email, that I got from a russboian in Mexico quite a while ago, has nothing to do with this school, but might shed some light on the whole Shaolin "monks" in Mexico.

I am just seeing that Sifu ShiDeCheng is going to give some seminars with Sifu SheDeRu. Doc, do you know of more seminars given by him at California?.

Here in Mexico i am giving my support to my Sifu Li Cun Bin, but I think xxxxx has told you about him. He is messed up doing illegal things. I have spoken with him lots of times. He has a big heart but also big desire of winning money...fast. He says he is not doing something wrong, and thats the problem. Maybe things that are legal or normal there at China, are illegal here in Mexico. ShiHengJun already spoke hard with him this December and now Sifu Li wants to correct things, lets see how sincere he is now.

You are fortunate of having Sifu ShiDeCheng. He is a rare jewel.
                                Says a lot. But nothing that we didn't already know about some of these guys.

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X