Cash and Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cash and Time

Hi! Someday I hope to become a disciple of a master in china. But im wondering about cash. In the past the shaolin students didnt pay, they do the dishes and clean the temple and all. Now we have to pay for school and for a canadian like me I have to pay a plane ticket. It takes how many time approximatly to become a disciple and the master will take care of you and ""pay"" for you or lower your price? 3 years almost? So for a school of 500 USD/month for 3 years and plane tickets if someday I want to see a little bit my family... Any solution or comments?
    =========
    Peace out!

Trust me, once you start training, money becomes the least of your worries. If you really love what you do, means for you to train will open up....and this usually means sacrificing a lot in order to make money, find the time to train, etc. Right now, I live, work, and train in Japan and I get to go to China for two weeks out of the year. I don't get to see my family, sleep is something I regularly do without, and most of my money is being put away so that I may train more someday (well, actually paying off college loans, but that's a start). And trust me, training is NEVER free, there is always a price to pay. In the beginning, money is the easiest way to pay for training.

As for a master 'taking care of you,' I think you have a skewed idea of the relationship entails. Master/disciple, or any relationship for that matter, is a mutual exchange. Whatever amount you hope to gain from a relationship you should be ready to put forth at least as much if not more.
    -Jesse Pasleytm
    "How do I know? Because my sensei told me!"

Comment

Read the section in the site, called Discipleship. You can find it via the site's search engine. I think it's in the Fugue section.

Xingwei and I are looking for someone to do the dishes and clean the "temple". However, we had preferred a disciple wanna be with breasts. Well, at least I did.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

Doc, when I make it to Vegas later this year, can I clean the "temple" and do the dishes for a discount?
        I mean, if I stop my training now and start drinking beer, I'd have breasts by this autumn no problem
        Don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.

Comment

Yes, I'm sure that you will.

But, you have to remember. You have a lot of competition here in the silicon world of Las Vegas.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

oh

oh I think the cost you'v told.
            It depends.

Comment

to become a disciple of a master in china?
              joking.
              foreigner cannot be ....

Comment

Working...
              X